Bioshock: Infinite [no spoilers]

I enjoyed the hell out of Episode 2 despite having watched the vast majority of it. If watching a game were as good as playing it there'd be no reason to make them anything but movies.

I enjoyed the hell out of Episode 2 despite having watched the vast majority of it. If watching a game were as good as playing it there'd be no reason to make them anything but movies.

Thing is, part of Infinite is not already knowing where the game is taking you. If you've already watched it all then you're losing part of that experience of playing yourself for the first time. The combat sections are the weakest of the game and that's coming from someone who enjoyed that side of it, if you know how the story plays out then your going to be left with only the most unsatisfactory part of the game. Then again, you do discover more when you play it through again so maybe I should just shut the **** up.

Well despite getting the game day 1, it was a slow start and I'm only now really playing it.

Got a couple firemen stuck getting stocked by a Tesla Coil, was funny for a while but damn they have a lot of health. Decided to help with a sniper rifle.
They're also the only enemies worth using the Bronco on IMO.

Bronco is one of those abilities that took me a while to find uses for but ended up genuinely enjoying. I'm glad they took out Telekinesis because I never used anything else at times in BS1. Crows is a necessity, I think upgrading those two is a great combo - and just use weaponry when you find yourself in a risky way. Still doing my hard play through but I've been playing that Neverwinter D&D MMO.

Nah, you don't have to have played the first two. It kind of makes things more interesting to have played the original Bioshock though. (Bioshock 2 is completely unnecessary, wasn't even made by the same developers)

Finally beat the game.

I was underwhelmed by the ending, mostly because it didn't make much sense. How was killing me, only one Booker, going to prevent EVERY Comstock? It's not like I'm the one and only origin, you'd have to kill all converted Bookers. The only other way I saw the post-credits scene was that it was all a crazy dream he woke up from.

The gameplay was pretty fun, better than BS1 at least. Voice acting was superb, and the game isn't ridiculously easy on hard mode.

Spoiler tags broseph. As far as the ending, there's breakdowns in this thread and others explaining things in great depth. Agreed on the difficulty and voice acting.

My bad, I thought 2 months was time enough to be past spoiler tags.

Also, it kinda sucked how Songbird was killed. I mean ****ed remote and that's reason enough?

So anyone been playing Burial at Sea?

The return to Rapture is great, being there before everything went pear shaped. I recommend exploring every nook a cranny to get your moneys worth.

Not sure about the inclusion of the skyrails, I suppose it was such a strong feature in infinite that it couldn’t do without.

Looking back this game wasn't all that great imo

My final impression of the game is that it was a flawed, morally problematic narrative which nonetheless would have been quite enjoyable if it wasn't weighed down by frequent, unfulfilling combat, a dozen systems that didn't add anything of value, and most crucially a huge flabby mid-section which served only to separate the fantastic opening from the mostly fantastic ending, and diminish the effectiveness of both as a result.

Also Elizabeth didn't have as much boob spillage as in the early trailers wtf 0/10

Actually, this never even occurred to me, but it's a bit weird that they sexualized Elizabeth so much in earlier builds when you're viewing her through the eyes of her father. Hmm.

Burial at sea was ****ing awesome. Can't wait for the next part, that cliffhanger was a mind ****.

Back