Black Mesa lobby remake

Inanimate

Spy
Reaction score
Oh hai's.

I've been wanting to recreate stuff from the HL-games for quite a while in 3D, and I've taken the time to do so finally.
I chose to recreate the lobby from HL1, using Maya and After Effects.

Hope you enjoyed it :)

www.cambranddesigns.com

Attachments

• BMbeta.jpg
    BMbeta.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 245
i think i seen your work on da few days ago

i managed to watch it using flv player - it was nice, but i didn't like bms style screens on ceiling, and keypad at the beginning

:thumbs:

I just watched it. Short, but very refined and detailed. I liked the dust when the door opened.

The video quality let it down a bit though. It becomes very pixelated when fullscreen.

The video quality let it down a bit though. It becomes very pixelated when fullscreen.

Rendering from whatever videoeditor and choosing between codecs/bitrates/quality and how big the filesize can be before people think its not worth downloading is a bitch really.

I agree the quality isn't as good as I want it to be, especially when comparing the uncompressed material with what I just showed you.

Its a fine line between making too big files which makes ppl lose interest, and getting great quality =)

Rendering from whatever videoeditor and choosing between codecs/bitrates/quality and how big the filesize can be before people think its not worth downloading is a bitch really.

I agree the quality isn't as good as I want it to be, especially when comparing the uncompressed material with what I just showed you.

Its a fine line between making too big files which makes ppl lose interest, and getting great quality =)

A great way to peak people's interest is to post screenshots.

:(

I was thiiis close to checking that phrase with google.

Back