Black Mesa - Upcoming Mod of the Year!

How is it possible to get a award and not have released anything... here is something that does not addup.

They won the award for "Most Anticipated Mod" which means they are the most popular eagerly awaited mod etc according to mod db. Its not an award stating they have the best mod like your thinking, it just means they have the biggest following pretty much. The released mods are a whole different category, got it?

Uber, though there was not even a single bit of gameplay shown...a bit worrying.

Oh my f**k.

Someone help me build a time machine, and we will bring this game back from the future.

Uber, though there was not even a single bit of gameplay shown...a bit worrying.

I didn't even expect the trailer in all honesty, im sure over the course of the year some more juicy vid's will appear!

:D

Neat :)

They should've gotten more than $1000, though.

i would even pay for this mod. its gone all the way up into the top5 of my most wanted games (fullprice) ...
its just great, judging from the screenshtos, how theyve managed to rebuild the HL levels with their very own inspiration.

I love the fact that the latest Steam update acknowledged the existence of this mod. Looks like Black Mesa won't be receiving a cease-and-desist! :D

Extremely well shot trailer. Nothing supprising about the MotY thing. Er...not much else to say.

Impressive. I've had a look at the screenshots on the Black Mesa home page and they look promising too.

What I'm most curious about at the moment is what kind of balance will be struck between sticking to salient points in the level design of the original game and revamping them to suit contemporary tastes.

The Black Mesa team have won the Best Upcoming Mod of the Year award from ModDB. For this achievement they have been awarded $1000 which will go towards mod-expenses.
Mod-expenses?! Yeah right! The entire team is about to meet up to go on one giant bender! :cheese:

Very Impressive, Hope they dont win upcoming mod next year cos' by that time I hope its released ;)

It might be nice to include all the HL2 mods that got some sort of award or mention as runner up. There's quite few.

It might be nice to include all the HL2 mods that got some sort of award or mention as runner up. There's quite few.
And some of them have actually released something playable. ;-)

(I can't see why MINERVA couldn't be eligible for the upcoming mods category in addition to the released mods category. Winner! Mwuhahahahahaha! ... Ahem.)

Yes, I agree. There's definately quite a few more deserving mods that need listing. I don't think any begin with M though.

Cargo, go awai. ^^

I hope there will be the same mod for Op4 and Blue shift.

However, when will it be released? Still free, right?

(I can't see why MINERVA couldn't be eligible for the upcoming mods category in addition to the released mods category. Winner! Mwuhahahahahaha! ... Ahem.)

When will MINERVA: metastasis 3 be ever released?

I love the fact that the latest Steam update acknowledged the existence of this mod. Looks like Black Mesa won't be receiving a cease-and-desist! :D

I've assumed they were pretty much safe ever since Valve asked them to change the name to Black Mesa (from Black Mesa Source) to prevent confusion. I think they acknowledged the mod before that, as well.

Can they release a mod over Steam without charging?

Or would it be uneconomic.

Can they release a mod over Steam without charging?

Or would it be uneconomic.

They generally just link to the website of any mods they like. They don't actually let you download it with Steam. Look at Minerva or CTF.

I'm pleased Valve have given the team some public recognition at last - I always had the impression Valve didn't approve of the project.

And Adam Foster is actually working on the next two installments of Minerva at the same time - 3a and 3b are going to alpha testers soon.

Yeah it was quite interesting that Valve gave them a nod, as the impression they've always given is that they wanted people to come up with new games rather than revisit old.

What's to stop me announcing the "Jintor Prize for Black Mesa goes to... BLACK MESA!" and then giving them "$80 dona-i mean, prize money"?

Besides, you know, me not having any money.

You could quite happily give us money, as donations. There is no law stopping that, nor would Valve or any other corporation have any kind of legal standing to try and stop it.

The point is we aren't in this for the money and as such aren't at this time even thinking of taking donations.

Lets all put money in and send them crates of Bawls energy drinks and Caffine pills so that they can work 48 hour shifts and take 30 min breaks in-between!

You could quite happily give us money, as donations. There is no law stopping that, nor would Valve or any other corporation have any kind of legal standing to try and stop it.

The point is we aren't in this for the money and as such aren't at this time even thinking of taking donations.

I can't happily give you donations if you're not even thinking of taking them!

"Could" is used to express conditional possibility, whereas "can" is unconditional in this case.

I classify "could" and "can" as the same \=
Well that's wrong.
I could have won the race
I can win the race

Can you not see a difference besides the difference in tense?
That's a bad example.

I could win the race easily. - If all goes well.
I can win the race easily. - No worries, it's in the bag.

That explains my point a bit better.

Back