Black Ops: Source is Hiring (Unpaid)

Crysis2222

Reaction score
The Black Ops: Source Team is Hiring

You can find our ModDB page here.

With this mod, we aim to add a new, tactical element to Half Life 2, complemented with a new art and level design style unique to a Half Life 2 mod. Currently, we have a good standing with the community, and we hope to gain some more help so that we can continue to develop this mod. More information can be found on our ModDB page.

You can contact me here: [email protected]

Image #1

Image #2

Positions Available:

We need more members to assist in the development of this mod. For those of you who are interested, let us give you the run-down of what we will expect. The following are the open positions, each with a description as to what exactly you would be doing.

First off is the coder, the basis of our mod. If you are the coder for this mod, or one of them, you will need to know the basics of coding for A.I, coding the FGD. file, and coding for the weapons. You will also be expected to work on the coding for player movement, player interactions, and gameplay adjustments. We are looking for someone with at least 2-3 years of experience with coding, but if you are talented and still want a position on the team, feel free to throw an Email our way.

Next, is the modeler, the one who makes our mod unique from others. As the modeler, you will need to work on designing models for weapons, npcs, or props. We are looking for someone who has at least 2-3 years of experience with their area of modeling, but again, if you feel as though you could apply and that you have enough skill for this positions, feel free to send us an Email.

Lastly, is our animator, the one who brings the modeler's work to life. The animator will be expected to work on animations for viewmodels, npcs, the player himself, and for world geometry. For this position, we are looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience. This one has very little breathing room for it. If you are below the 3 years, than you may still apply, but if you are not at the talent level required, than you will not be able to make it on the team.

Thank you all for your time.

Is this in any way related to CoD: Black Ops?

Unpaid? Isn't that the case for pretty much every mod ever?

1. No, this mod is a remake of an old Half-Life mod. It is not a remake of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

2. Yes, most mods are unpaid, but I would rather not have someone on the team who works for a year or two and then expects to get paid.

1. No, this mod is a remake of an old Half-Life mod. It is not a remake of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

2. Yes, most mods are unpaid, but I would rather not have someone on the team who works for a year or two and then expects to get paid.

I was worried there for a moment.

Sorry for the all of the little flaws on the above post, but I would like to keep things on topic. Does anyone want to offer up their services?

This is rich.

Your name is Crysis, and you're working on a Source mod called Black Ops. Not only that, but the first mission of this "tactical" mod is "Duty Calls". Is this some kind of well-constructed troll or is it really just the most generic tactical shooter in the universe?

First off, my username is "crysis" because that has been my username in all of my accounts on all websites. I'd rather not have to change the name and have to go through the trouble of remembering another name again.

Second off, I can't help it if the names are generic, because it is a remake, and so the team and I must maintain some level of authenticity, otherwise the fans of the original will cry foul.

And for the record, this is not a troll mod. And if it was, you would all be guilty of feeding the trolls.

Also, why would you use a boy scouts email address for this?

My apologies for all of the problems with the above post. Also, the original email address was my personal one. I use that more often, so I accidentally write it down sometimes.

Black Ops is not related to Activision's shitty game. I played the original for Half-Life, it was nice (and similar to Poke 646), just saying.

My apologies for all of the problems with the above post. Also, the original email address was my personal one. I use that more often, so I accidentally write it down sometimes.

No prob, just thought it was weird, so thought I'd point it out.

I'd offer my services as a modeller, but I absolutely loathe the Maya to Source workflow.

Source really is a horrible engine to work with. Lets hope that valves next engine is a lot nicer to work with.

If I were to make this mod, I wouldn't remake it off that weird HL mod back then. I just didn't like how Declan walker, whatever his name is is hunting some Black mesa scientist in chinatown and then goes to Black Mesa. However I did like SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the ending with Shepard shooting Declan and the Gman reactivating the bomb. I would make a big remake leaving out the scientist dude in the city and focusing more on Black Mesa events.

Back