BlackmesaSource **updated media**

There are a few "leak" videos available on YouTube.

video will i assume be of new stuff.

"This is not all, however, we've got a surprise in store that is currently in late stages of production and will be done very soon, we'll be sure and release it, as well as some other image-based media, when they are finished!" from Moddb

video will i assume be of new stuff.

"This is not all, however, we've got a surprise in store that is currently in late stages of production and will be done very soon, we'll be sure and release it,

Could it be... a demo!?

Taken from the dev blog on the Website:

Nate said:
When this tr--uhh... the surprise, comes out (and trust us it will be soon) it'll showcase a great new graphical feature that's been pioneered by one of our LDs over this past year. It's even better then the "dynamic shadows" in the Blast Pit maps that were shown last year. Which LD? What feature? Patience.

Trailer (Tr?) and something graphical.

Taken from the dev blog on the Website:

Trailer (Tr?) and something graphical.

Damn. That makes it sound like it'll be a looooong time till they release anything playable.

But I'm really curious as to what this "great new graphical feature" will be.

jesus, how long have they been working on this...I had forgotten about it.

By the time this is released the Source engine will be outdated. Unless they modify it, of course.

By the time this is released the Source engine will be outdated. Unless they modify it, of course.
It doesn't matter. As long as the textures and models are perfect, the lighting effects are secondary.

And I think they are using HDR?

I like the theme song for this. Its in my upcoming zombie animation :D

Like to mod too,

About four years, but at least they're dedicated and are making the mod high-quality.

lets count together

2004 Nov.-released hl2/source goodies
2005-1 year after release
2006-2 years after release
2007-3 years after release

so a little over 3 years plus i think they started it a few months after it was released. so almost 3 years

To be fair, 3 years of modding time isn't the same as 3 years of professional development time. In some cases, 4 years of mod work only yields about 1 year of an actual game development process.

BMS is a pretty ambitious project, so it's going to take longer than people expect, I suspect.

And I don't really see how the Source engine being outdated has to do with anything. I suspect that the demographic that plays games for fun and not graphics is getting narrower by the hour.

Well, on second thought, if the gameplay hasn't been improved, I guess it would be much easier to replay Half-Life. Depends on what the end result is.

They are making maps with HDR :)
st_dam.jpg

Does this forum get a nerdgasm whenever they release new stuff?
And aren't there already like 4 threads on this?

This one came first. You don't get to complain.

WEll I do since I don't like the thread title. There ARE spaces in Black Mesa Source, you know?

Source outdated?

I'd like to know who was playing the grand finale in Episode 2 and in the middle of fighting a Hunter thought "Hmm...If only the graphics were better..."

Back