Blueprints

vakuum

Reaction score
Does anyone know a site that has some blueprint of houses?
Only basic to map the rooms's and the outside of the house.
Old houses could be nice..
This way it's much more easy to get the house "normal" and not make a damn house without bath,kitchen etc..
I'm planning to map some sort of city when I get my hands on hl2 :)

A city, with a harbor, desert and a mine, mabye oil plants in the desert.
Could have som rally\buggy cars in it, and it could be able to drive fast tru the mines and in the city..
Don't know how well source is going to handle large deserts, but I hope it will handle MUCH more than hl can.. like 20x atleast..

Blueprints are real easy to get. You could also pick up a house plans magazine, They'll show alot of designs in each issue. I'm assuming you want this just for a guide while mapping and dont realy need full size real blueprints, do you?

actually i'm trying to learn mapping..
and a house is a "simpel" thing but still hard..

it can be only a box with some windows.. but i'm trying to learn how a house could be.. so it looks real..

I made 2 simple houses with a blueprint.. one where you can go inside, and one that is only a "box"..
It took ca 20min to get the walls right..

i know there are some good programs for making house blueprints.... i foget the name though

revit. is a program.. which is boring as hell. and thers one from microsoft dont remember the name.

Does anyone know where i could get the blue prints for the twin towers? Ive been hoping to build hten for ages, but i have been unable to find much info on thiem. Especially after the incident.

Farrow...why would you? they were architecturally boring buildings. Two big rectangles...Elevator and stair columns and open space otherwise. Zero interest. Might as well make a copy of any average office building. They were boring on the outside as well.

Vakuum, you could also do an enlarged view of a house--RATS style. WHere the player is 6-12 inches tall in the house. This lets you focus on more complex construction without building huge unmanageable maps. It also means you can use all the items in your house as "blueprint" materials.

why not build valve's office building.. just e-mail gabe asking for the bluwprint scans. maby he will send it to you.

Originally posted by RoyalEF
Farrow...why would you? they were architecturally boring buildings. Two big rectangles...Elevator and stair columns and open space otherwise. Zero interest. Might as well make a copy of any average office building. They were boring on the outside as well.

Vakuum, you could also do an enlarged view of a house--RATS style. WHere the player is 6-12 inches tall in the house. This lets you focus on more complex construction without building huge unmanageable maps. It also means you can use all the items in your house as "blueprint" materials.

Because of something that i wanted to do. I know they may be boring without all the inards, but it would be cool to make them inside HL2. You could probably make the whole thing. I just wanted to know all the dimensions etc.

Im guessing nowdays its hard to get blueprints of major buildings due to terrorism threats.. best thing to do is to just draw your own. make it the way you want.!

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
I just wanted to know all the dimensions etc.

Well that is easy. All you need is a little research on the net and collect photos of the buildings.

It was 208 feet squared, 1535 tall with 110 stories. From a photo I counted 62 vertical trussess per side. From photos you can guess at the proportions of the end chamfers and the distance between trusses versus the thickness of a truss. The more photos from different angles the better. This was how I built GCT. I had the advantage of walking through the building daily. However I didn't get blueprint and measurements till after I started...and in the end they didn't matter. I needed to build it on a smaller scale with various changes for the engine. The important part is the proportions.

Missile Silo Blueprints

It has long been an idea of mine to make a level out of an actual missile silo. I plan on making the basic geometry of the level once the game comes out, but I'll need others to help tweak and add everything else to the level once completed.

The blueprints that I have are of an Atlas missile silo. I did a lot of digging around to find them, and I really don't know where to get them again, but I have kept the images on my HD for future use :)

Feel free to give any ideas on how a singleplayer/multiplayer level could be based around the missile silo.

hmmm... some sort of mission type scenario, in a missile silo?

What sort of game would fit this...

CoughCounterStrike2Cough

That looks spot on that. I started making my house about a year ago, got quite far then forgot to back it up before a format :O

I lost the pics i used for referance aswell so im gonna wait for me mates Digicam to start again.

Back