Boardwalk Empire - Premieres on HBO Sept. 19th

That was supposed to be his ****ing mother!?

I haven't seen Episode 3 yet, but now that conversation in Ep2 about the necklace makes a lot more sense. I was actually disappointed that they were doing the whole cheating-struggling-dickbag-gangster-in-training thing, so I'm relieved.

but holy **** MILF amirite? I guess he's supposed to be super young but still...

Yeah, not believable at all. She looks too young to be his mother. In fact, Gretchen Mol is only a few years older than Micheal Pitt.

Lol, the cop trying to suffocate that guy was funny as shit. Loving this show.

Yeah, not believable at all. She looks too young to be his mother. In fact, Gretchen Mol is only a few years older than Micheal Pitt.

Well it would be believable to say she had him at 16 or so. It also seems to be part of his character that he is extremely young. Just back from war... he could be, at youngest, 18, but probably more likely around 20.

So the question is, does Gretchen Mol look 36, and does Micheal Pitt look 20? Mol is 38 while Pitt is 29.

I'm overthinking this, but all I'm saying is the problem isn't with the casting. It was with how they introduced his mother-- half naked, jumping on him, giving him a billion kisses, and loving the necklace he got her. whoops thats creepy, maybe he will bang his mom

Oh, and context. A couple scenes prior he was getting blue balls from his wife. just made sense that he wanted to bang his fling. I really wonder if this is foreshadowing or poor screenwriting...

Like I said I am totally sure it was intentional. They wanted us to think that at first.

Yeah, I thought it was obvious that they wanted us to think it was his lover, before revealing the truth.

Great episode.

Steve Buscemi acting surprised made me laugh.

"Well. I ain't building no bookcase."

****ing gold.

Good episode. Looks like there's going to be some serious shit going on between Nucky and his brother, which is tired of being in Nucky's shadow.

I wtf'd at the ending, totally didn't expect that and am looking forward to seeing how his plan unfolds.

Good episode. Looks like there's going to be some serious shit going on between Nucky and his brother, which is tired of being in Nucky's shadow.

I wtf'd at the ending, totally didn't expect that and am looking forward to seeing how his plan unfolds.

really? i saw that developing since the very start of the series personally, the chemistry between the two in the last episode - or tension rather - was dynamite.

loving this show right now.

really? i saw that developing since the very start of the series personally, the chemistry between the two in the last episode - or tension rather - was dynamite.

loving this show right now.

Oh, of course the tension was definitely there from the start, but in this episode Eli finally made a move; before he was rather passive about this and Nucky didn't seem worried by him.

oh wait, i think we've got crossed wires here

i was talking about the end-end, with nucky and schroeder making out

oh wait, i think we've got crossed wires here

i was talking about the end-end, with nucky and schroeder making out

Ah yes, we have indeed crossed wires ;) In this case, I don't think chemistry is real, it's probably part of Nucky's plan to diffuse the situation. If it is real then I indeed did not expect such a turn of events.

Ah yes, we have indeed crossed wires ;) In this case, I don't think chemistry is real, it's probably part of Nucky's plan to diffuse the situation. If it is real then I indeed did not expect such a turn of events.

what about in the episode beforehand, at his party, where his girlfriend came out from the cake but he couldn't take his eyes off of schroeder on the balcony? there was definitely something between the two of them there. something has been developing between the two before this episode, it just wasn't until now that schroeder really realized that nucky was kind of behind... well, all of it. i think to an extent he's going to use this bond to his advantage now that he has seen that she is very much against what he does, but i think there's something else there, too.

I thought he was looking at Schroeder to see her reaction - he was worried about her seeing all the alcohol at his party and finally coming off as two-faced. It didn't necessarily mean he is worried about her opinion because he's got a crush on her, but because she could spread the word and expose him.

Then in the last episode Nucky tried to be curt with her, because she was getting a bit too sticky, but perhaps realised that this was not working when she came for help with the head of the local Temperance movement (and after the meeting once again he was unpleasant to her). Then the raid and arrest of the guy in charge of the business going down at the garage next to Schroeder's house was the final straw and Nucky decided it's time to change tactics.

That's how I see it :)

^ Yes, or maybe he was so turned on by the thought of a woman who could knock heads with him that he went to make out with her. It's pretty clear that he's disgusted by his current brainless broad and the sexual tension with the irish lass was so palpable.

Of course, BOTH could be true. He could be crushin' and also have the ulterior motive of controlling her. I just think there's real feeling for her at least buried in him somewhere, because he could have easily had her killed anyway.

Yeah, I got the impression that he got a hard-on by her initiative and general intelligence.

After the latest episode, this show has gone from great to superb.

BTW, what happened to Jimmy's wife? Haven't seen her around for a while.

good episode, the trap slaying was perfect.

but man, stephen graham is playing his role so well. there's something about that guy, where in every role he's in he just has to frown and get that bemused look on his face and you could cut the tension created with a knife. he excels at souring the atmosphere perfectly in this is england (the film, not so much the tv series, where he is a much more reformed character) and he's doing damn well at it now. the bites between him and jimmy were nailbiting, or maybe i've still got shivers from the apartment scene with milky in this is england. talk about clammy hands and a horrible gut feeling!

All I have to say is,

Jesus Christ at the sniper assassination part

new character is amazing, love his voice and his weapon recollection scene was amazing. hope to see more from him in the future, though hopefully not as a generic ''mob sniper'' role or something like that, though the cafe scene was good.

i called the house fire scene right from the look on nucky's face when he was in the building, though. it was so predictably sopranos-esqe: man with power gives generous gift, has doubts, acts selfishly thinking only of himself. it was tony soprano to a tee, but i guess the writing has rubbed off from that direction from the get go, really.

Sniper scene was crazy shit.
New guy's p cool.

Also, **** yeah lesbians.

I liked this episode very much. The restaurant scene and Darmody's speech, especially. Interesting new character. He reminds of another tragic character. The Phantom of the Opera. Anyway. Looks like we'll get to see more of him according to imdb.com. Let's hope that they make him a regular. It's also nice to see Nucky's character fleshed out a bit. I hate one dimensional character's.

Two big thumbs and a penis up for the titastic lesbo scene. Natural mammaries ftw!

This show has a lot of boobies (did I already mention that?).

last episode felt like a bit of a drag, but otherwise alright. show is still gold.

last episode felt like a bit of a drag, but otherwise alright. show is still gold.

I think it was a good set up for the rest of the seasons. Should get really interesting now.

Another good episode. Looks like things are gonna get heated in the upcoming episodes.

Best episode so far... hands down.

I loved the ending with the mirror. Tied the whole episode together very, very well.

Yeah, I really liked this one.
Looks like Margaret's finally coming to realize that Nucky's not a good guy at all.

****ing great ep.

Jimmy is such a badass, I love him.

You're a man in a boy's cap.

Yeah, great episode.

Just me or is this show kicking a lot more ass these days? It started off quite slow but it's really building up the tension and momentum.

That's usually how most shows are when they're nearing a season finale. :p

Anyone want to tell me how this ended? My DVR ran out of space since there is so much shit on tv right now and it cut off at the end where:
the alcohol agent was boning Nucky's old girlfriend.

Thanks but that doesn't seem to have any details yet. Maybe I didn't miss anything but the mirror comment above made me think I did.

Thanks but that doesn't seem to have any details yet. Maybe I didn't miss anything but the mirror comment above made me think I did.

Hmm, it was there when i submitted it. Some douchebag must have removed it. It's quite common on wikipedia these days.

Back