Boardwalk Empire - Premieres on HBO Sept. 19th

Another crazy episode. My favorite part was when the Irish chick said Fock.

I dont get why nucky removed his brother as sheriff. Was it because he was that pissed or was this part of some strategy? I dont think Nucky would throw his brother under the bus like that

Nucky talking to his brother was also really well done and pretty brutal.

“If he wasn't Houdini's brother, nobody would give a ****.”

Amazing episode all around.
The fight between Nucky and Margaret was intense.

Finale is going to be awesome. I can't wait...

for the Game of Thrones trailer showing right before Boardwalk.

I still need to catch up with this show. I watched the first episode and kinda forgot about it.

Nelson is a ****ing monster. I wonder how he will explain away what he did in this episode.

Nelson is a ****ing monster. I wonder how he will explain away what he did in this episode.

I wouldn't exactly call him a monster but he's definitely ****ing crazy. A good investigator with plenty of loose screws. Michael Shannon plays the part very well. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

maybe you haven't seen the latest episode

only one more, after that, all I will do is cry

I was half expecting him to kill himself after what he did, drawing his gun.

Yeah, um Twix.
How the **** could you have watched the latest episode and not think he's a monster? :O

Yeah, um Twix.
How the **** could you have watched the latest episode and not think he's a monster? :O

Umm, because i have my own opinion? Ummity, umm, umm!

Not to mention that the guy deserved it.

I just caught up with the show (was like 4 episodes behind, was watching Mad Men instead).

I was wondering,

Why didn't anyone resuscitate Agent Sebso? He had just lost consciousness, there's a few minutes before he's gone for good, right? And while Nelson acted like a psycho, surely he had some sense left in him to realize he overdid it?

I just caught up with the show (was like 4 episodes behind, was watching Mad Men instead).

I was wondering,

Why didn't anyone resuscitate Agent Sebso? He had just lost consciousness, there's a few minutes before he's gone for good, right? And while Nelson acted like a psycho, surely he had some sense left in him to realize he overdid it?

The guy may be a religious nut case but he's clearly aware of Sebso's corruption.

Yeah, sure, but that doesn't justify doing what he did. It's not like he'll tell the police that Sebso was corrupted and they'll be like "oh, OK then".

Yeah, sure, but that doesn't justify doing what he did. It's not like he'll tell the police that Sebso was corrupted and they'll be like "oh, OK then".

It was justified in his eyes. Who is going to report him? Those black people at the river? Yeah, that'll happen. It's the 1920's, dude. Nobody gave a shit what Black people had to say back in those days.

You're a ****ing nutcase TwwIX. Seriously.

Nelson is the comic relief of the show. Every time he has a scene I am cracking up.

That was a great finale.
Perfectly set up the next season.

To summarize the season, I'll say that it's a very good show, but didn't quite live up to the expectations. I don't know why, but for some reason it doesn't captivate me to the same degree as other HBO dramas, like the Sopranos, Rome or Band of Brothers.

I dunno, wasn't particularly excited by the finale. I liked the D'Alessio brothers scenes during the press conference, very nicely done, and the episode did have a end of season vibe to it, wrapping some stuff up, but I felt it lacked a "punch". Lacked some brilliant scene that would make you go "holy shit". Well, it did make me go "holy shit" at one point, but it was more like "holy shit, that's what they're up to", rather than "holy shit, wtf just happened".

In short, you wanted some retarded gimmicky cliffhanger to wonder about for the next 9 months, like every other shit series?

Sorry to be so callous, but this may be the best show I've ever seen. And that finale was spectacular.

Nope, I didn't expect a cliffhanger. I don't feel I was implying this by saying "brilliant scene".

I think Dexter may not be the best example when discussing the topic with you, because IIRC you only enjoyed one or two seasons of it, but it's finales I found were satisfactory, without cliffhangers but still having a powerful scene (or scenes) within them.

But yes, our tastes differ. I find Boardwalk Empire decent, but there are series I enjoy more, such as aforementioned Dexter, Breaking Bad, Mad Men.

Actually, as I was typing that I automatically used Dexter as an example. Then I thought about it for a second and realized that Dexter's finales were all the best episodes of the series, and I agree with everything you just said about them. I think I conceded to your point from the future.

I just fail to see what could be missing from the Boardwalk finale, other than a cliffhanger or something. Also I'm a dick. Sorry.

Am I the only one watches this? Anyway, the second episode even trumped the first one, I'm really loving the scenes with Chalky White (AKA Omar Little).

Yes, great episode. I loved the Chalky scenes.

the last episode was incredible, chalky in jail plus jimmy in new york (which means more rothstein, which is always good) was just gold.

season one got quite a bit of slak in some parts, and i was a little skeptical going into the second season off the back of the last two/three episodes of the first season, but the first two episodes have done enough to make up for it and put my unease to rest. show is really going places. really, really hope richard gets some more screen time, too.

gotta say that the season premier disappointed the hell out of me, during season 1 i was willing to say that boardwalk was one of my top 5 shows of all time.

and then episode 2 came and blew me away. aw yeah.

Didn't realise what date this was back on, luckily I've found a repeat of the first episode and have set that to record, can't wait to see it :D

Newest episode was great, maybe even better than the second.

I'm really hoping for Jimmy and Harrow to come out on top, but I can't see Nucky ever dying this early in the series, considering it's about him.

The third episode was meh, but I loved the end scene with Jimmy's parents. Was so great seeing that ****ing pig finally get what was coming to him.

didn't think much of the third episode either give or take a couple of scenes, but the last episode was - literally - dynamite. the irish guy is fast becoming a new favourite character of mine, and a lot of richard screentime is always great - his past, and his emotions, were really well portrayed during the life drawing scene.

love this show so much right now. feels good to have regular weekly television back to look forward to.

Anyone still following this? The show really picked up at the end; the last three episodes have been fantastic. Can't wait for the finale.

I plan on continuing the show at some point but ever since my access to HBO has been cut off(used to go to my bro's house to watch it but he has since moved and hasn't got premium stuff anymore fffff) I just haven't been able to watch it.

Glad to hear that the season has been a massive improvement over S1 though.

Anyone still following this? The show really picked up at the end; the last three episodes have been fantastic. Can't wait for the finale.

are you kidding re: the end? i've found this season to be ball-bustingly amazing all throughout, the shit has really hit the fan nigh on every episode and it's been an absolute rollercoaster, or at least for me it has! i think it's been really fantastic now that all of the exposition of the first season is out the way and all of the new storylines and narratives have a place to breathe.

The last few episodes felt very rushed and i did not like the outcome at all. This season finale has already turned a lot of people off. Including me.

Dexter gave me the same vibe after Season 4. I haven't even bothered watching the latest season.

man the very idea of people getting turned off by the last two episodes is absolutely baffling to me, so much so that i cannot help but laugh at peoples knee-jerk reactions to obvious plot outcomes or disdain for what is argubably some of the finest writing in television since the sopranos. how can people not want to see what happens next - harrow on his own, van alden in cicero (with capone?), margaret and the deeds, potential for even more rothstein, eli brought back into the fold... etc. it's ****ing incredible stuff, the last two episodes have been like the most amazing set up for a new season already, ferchristssake!

what outcome did you not like?

Back