Borderlands

I got up to level three and installed the patch. Now the shadows are messed up. And gearbox hasn't released a patch since 16Nov. Which was the one that caused this shadow mess up.

Gah.

I got up to level three and installed the patch. Now the shadows are messed up. And gearbox hasn't released a patch since 16Nov. Which was the one that caused this shadow mess up.

Gah.

Rebooting your PC usually fixes that.

Yup. I had the same problem and found that alt-tabbing out and back in actually worked, failing that a reboot. Odd ! Have you changed any drivers etc. recently that could explain this ?

I have a radeon 4850 and the game crashes the ATI drivers every couple of minutes. Its a real problem since it seems tons of people with 4000 and 5000 series cards get it too, but gearbox still hasnt put it in their "Known problems that we're investigating" list.

I've managed to prolong my stints of gameplay by lowering my resolution, but that only gives me an hour or so before it crashes.

I never had a problem with my 4890. I didn't really play for that long, though.

I was having horrific stuttering in this on XP, after upgrading to Win7 64bit not only have the stutters gone but it runs better than it did on XP with regards to fps. Might invest more time in it now.

I have a radeon 4850 and the game crashes the ATI drivers every couple of minutes. Its a real problem since it seems tons of people with 4000 and 5000 series cards get it too, but gearbox still hasnt put it in their "Known problems that we're investigating" list.

I've managed to prolong my stints of gameplay by lowering my resolution, but that only gives me an hour or so before it crashes.

Which driver version are you using Krynn? I have the 8.6 drivers installed for my Sapphire 4850. I have zero problems. Performance or gameplay wise, with all settings maxed out. Albiet I am only running @ 1024x768, but that's due to my old monitor. Also, which patch are you running if any?

-MRG

Yup. I had the same problem and found that alt-tabbing out and back in actually worked, failing that a reboot. Odd ! Have you changed any drivers etc. recently that could explain this ?

No. No drivers changed. According to the Gearbox forum, this was a common problem after the patch. People could run the game normally and then after the patch the shadows and other things got messed up. Going to try the game again.

Anyway i'm running a Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT.

Which driver version are you using Krynn? I have the 8.6 drivers installed for my Sapphire 4850. I have zero problems. Performance or gameplay wise, with all settings maxed out. Albiet I am only running @ 1024x768, but that's due to my old monitor. Also, which patch are you running if any?

-MRG

Those are some old drivers bro. I'm using the latest, 9.11 I think. I can't downgrade though because the older ones will mess up Maya, which I absolutely need. I'm also using patch 1.01 or whatever, theres only one patch out at the moment. And it happened before I patched as well.

What resolutions are you 4890 guys running at? Maybe its just 1920x1200 thats messing it up. I havent had a crash since I lowered it down to 1440xwhatever. But I was having a crash once in awhile at 1680xwhatever. Gah, its so ugly on 1440 though.

Regardless i've been using the Alt-Tab trick. Would be good to have a fix though.

Thank you.

1920x1080

I don't get any of the crashing issues i did when the game was first released. But every other time i load up the game i have bizzare corrupted shadows, which can be solved by restarting or rebooting. Would be nice if it was sorted in the next round of drivers or patches.

Wow, that is a surprise. The 1st DLC pack is out as of now. Retail owners can download it here and Steam users can simply go to the Store. I am downloading it atm.

Also, a second DLC pack for the consoles has been announced.

The new adventure on Pandora will be called Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot and will have three new Riot Arenas. Next to that several storage spaces will be available where you can safely store all your favorite weapons (probably over 100.000) without having to sell them.

Little is known about the story at this moment but Gearbox did say that the DLC will be available on Xbox Live as of December 29th for 800 Microsoft points while PS3 lovers will have to wait until January 7th to get it from PSN for $9,99. Whether the DLC will also become available for the PC version is yet unknown.

Source

This content requires an internet connection to be installed and is limited to 5 concurrent installations

Because that is totally necessary for a DLC.

A caveat for Steam users. The DLC has Securom activation. Nothing permanent and nothing gets installed but still. GBX doesn't seem to happy about it either so there is a chance it might be removed.

The DLC itself is very enjoyable so far. I went in with my lvl 50 Siren first, but that got boring real quick. The level of the NPC's scales with how far you are in the campaign. That meant I was fighting mobs that were 8 levels lower because I still haven't finished the second playthrough yet. After that I decided to try it with my lvl 20 Soldier and that was a lot more fun. The zombie island looks very cool and there is a lot more change of scenery than on vanilla Pandora. The zombies themselves are cool. Quite some variety and there are a lot of 'em. Loot has been good as well. Two useful purple drops in 2 hours of playing. That ain't bad :)

A caveat for Steam users. The DLC has Securom activation. Nothing permanent and nothing gets installed but still. GBX doesn't seem to happy about it either so there is a chance it might be removed.

The DLC itself is very enjoyable so far. I went in with my lvl 50 Siren first, but that got boring real quick. The level of the NPC's scales with how far you are in the campaign. That meant I was fighting mobs that were 8 levels lower because I still haven't finished the second playthrough yet. After that I decided to try it with my lvl 20 Soldier and that was a lot more fun. The zombie island looks very cool and there is a lot more change of scenery than on vanilla Pandora. The zombies themselves are cool. Quite some variety and there are a lot of 'em. Loot has been good as well. Two useful purple drops in 2 hours of playing. That ain't bad :)

Just too bad all the said useful loot can be obtained in the regular game. No new weapons or anything in the DLC, just enemies and location.

Just too bad all the said useful loot can be obtained in the regular game. No new weapons or anything in the DLC, just enemies and location.

Yup, true. I'd like a new manufacturer or something like that.

No patch notes plus DRM has been included in the DLC. I'll pass on it for now.

So we're left in the dark for PC DLC yet again. Thanks a lot Gearbox, you pricks. They finally release the Zombie DLC for PC and give us unwanted, unnecessary extra DRM as thanks for waiting, and then don't even try to communicate better for the second one.

Have to say, im a bit bufuddled with the looting.

Ive netted 3 purples in under an hour; A class mod from a random red chest in Aria Badlands on my way to Headstone Mine, a sniper rifle from a red chest near the starting area of Headstone Mine, and Sledge's shotgun some 20 minutes later.

And the resetting of the cases/chests when you save and logout then login again is a laughably ridiculous free hack to get better loot. I mean surely a developer spotted the loop at some point.

Its required of course, but I cant help feel its a cheapness added.

New DLC announced.

Sounds like it's a new survival arena mode. Plus there's a new bank feature and two new skill points. It will cost $10/800MP and comes out on Dec 29 for xbox and Jan 7 on PS3. PC is unknown.

Personally I think I might sell Borderlands by then.

New DLC announced.

Sounds like it's a new survival arena mode. Plus there's a new bank feature and two new skill points. It will cost $10/800MP and comes out on Dec 29 for xbox and Jan 7 on PS3. PC is unknown.

Personally I think I might sell Borderlands by then.

That's what I was thinking.

Instead of throwing these DLC out so fast, why not fix the PC version?

Did anyone have trouble figuring out how to defeat Vagooface?

Talking about the Vault-Cthulhu-Squid-Queer-Vagina-Tentacle Beast of Doom? Just shot at the tentacles and used a revolver that deals 200% critical damage once I figured out its eye/mouth/whatever the hell it is was vulnerable.

Talking about the Vault-Cthulhu-Squid-Queer-Vagina-Tentacle Beast of Doom? Just shot at the tentacles and used a revolver that deals 200% critical damage once I figured out its eye/mouth/whatever the hell it is was vulnerable.

Rakk Hive I mean.

It's face is a vagina. With FOUR clits!

You can pop all 4 of it's eyes first, makes it very weak and disoriented.

Took me two deaths to figure that out. Then it was just my 2 shot revolver and Scorpio.

I've not turned the game on in quite a while, no intentions in doing it again. They dropped the ball, picked it up, then threw it off the cliff.

Way to fail, Gearbox. This game could have been THE game of the year.

Gearbox just needs to support the PC better.

Oh well... There's no way I'm buying DLC for PC. Maybe they'll make it free eventually.

To add insult to injury, after I bought the DLC I am no longer able to play with my friends who don't have it. And it's not that I can't play the zombie island with them, I can't play with them PERIOD. Apparently games with the DLC are incompatible with those without it. It's the stupidest ****ing thing I have ever heard of. So yeah, way to fail, Gearbox.

Back