Brag

SnowBall

Reaction score
Just ordered an Xtsay 9800 pro. Im really exciting about getting this, and I know no one else probibly cares. But ah well. Im just really looking forward to it!

im ordering a xtasy 9800pro as well. I was gonna get a sapphire, but then i saw the $100 rebat for the Xtasy one at compusa

Nice. I'm waiting for the 9900 Pro :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

well if the 9900 pro will be a big improvment over the 9800pro then i will wait till the end of september to see if its out. If its less that $500 though. It could be just a 9800pro will higher clock speeds and a few minor enhancments.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
well if the 9900 pro will be a big improvment over the 9800pro then i will wait till the end of september to see if its out. If its less that $500 though. It could be just a 9800pro will higher clock speeds and a few minor enhancments.

Which is what makes sense to do. When they release a whole new line of cards, then itll be a whole nother story.

well i figure im only going to be playing hl2 and doom3 for like 5 years. Well hl2 at least. I bet hl2 will have a much bigger mod community then original HL did. If i feel like the 9900 is too much or that i dont need it im not going to buy it. Wouldnt make much of a difference fps or IQ wise in HL2 anyways.

best 300 spent on my machine was the 9700 pro from compusa...i was upgrading fom a 9000 pro :/ and the performnce issue was huge. next will be a b-core processor that will be oc'ed...i will buy 2 in case i fuxor 1 up :], cant beat $42.00 on newegg

Well I guess I will brag as well. I just bought a new system:

Price: $2750 US (from Alienware, don't flame me - I got a discount and I used it, hehe).

Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ - Intel 875P
CPU: Intel® P4 Processor 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache & HT
RAM: 1GB Corsair XMS DDR SDRAM PC-3200 (2*512mb Modules)
Video: Xtasy ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB 8x AGP
HDD: 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA 8MB Cache
CD-RW: Plextor PlexWriter Premium 52x32x52x CD-RW
Sound: Creative SB Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 w/ Front Panel

(The rest doesn't matter...)

And my 3DMark03 Score is...5787 Stock with no Overclocking...yet.

That's my bragging for the day.

hm, would a saphire 9800 pro have a signifigant advantage over an Xtasy 9800 pro?

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
hm, would a saphire 9800 pro have a signifigant advantage over an Xtasy 9800 pro?
well... I would like to think so. But i dont think your going to see anything on cards just whats on the inside.

Sapphire Makes Great cards. Prolly one of the best bang for your buck. Great cooling. heavy and just a strong card. As for the xtasy. well...
If can get a picture of both and put them side-by-side. Im sure you'll want the SApphire.
gl

To answer your question: No, it really shouldn't. They both use the same chipset (ATI 9800 Pro). Usually there isn't a big difference in performance among vendors. What you should be looking for is the minor things: What cooling it has, what comes bundled with it (unless you want an OEM) etc.

bx|ch3f_0z: I have an Xtasy. Don't tread on me. :bounce:

No but seriously, I dont think it matters much (at least for me, I have extra fan cooling for my video card), but hes right, I'm pretty sure the Sapphire has better cooling.

Originally posted by Miasma
Well I guess I will brag as well. I just bought a new system:

Price: $2750 US (from Alienware, don't flame me - I got a discount and I used it, hehe).

Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ - Intel 875P
CPU: Intel® P4 Processor 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache & HT
RAM: 1GB Corsair XMS DDR SDRAM PC-3200 (2*512mb Modules)
Video: Xtasy ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB 8x AGP
HDD: 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA 8MB Cache
CD-RW: Plextor PlexWriter Premium 52x32x52x CD-RW
Sound: Creative SB Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 w/ Front Panel

(The rest doesn't matter...)

And my 3DMark03 Score is...5787 Stock with no Overclocking...yet.

That's my bragging for the day.

hehe i bet you get barely ANYTHING with that intel board, they are surely not made for OCing.

the xtasy card is just as good as the sapphire one....both sappihre ones are the same as the extasy one. The only 9800pro sapphire card that is deifferent is the special edition. The only thing it has extra is a big heatsink.

Xtasy, Ati, Sapphire....it dosnt matter.

hehe i bet you get barely ANYTHING with that intel board, they are surely not made for OCing.

So what? I didn't get the ASUS system I wanted. It's still a huge performance upgrade from my 1.2ghz AMD Duron 256mb PC133 RAM and GF2.

Originally posted by Miasma
So what? I didn't get the ASUS system I wanted. It's still a huge performance upgrade from my 1.2ghz AMD Duron 256mb PC133 RAM and GF2.

word

Back