Brainbread 2 (new project from the classic Brainbread 1)

would you play the new brainbread 2?

• Total voters

Jamie

Hunter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am here today to talk about Brainbread 1, and also the new Brainbread 2 that we're developing still.

The project of Brainbread 2 will be with a single player and also a multi-player, the game will be using source engine. Brainbread 2 has where you'd be able to play the old classic maps, including different game modes that will be in the multi-player.

Game will be free to play.

Who remember the good old days playing Brainbread 1? :woot:

I'll be honest - I have never heard of Brainbread at all.

I saw my cousin playing it at a lan once. That's all I know.

That mod is so god damn old. I haven't seen it for ages.​
Honestly, I have never played braindead. So I'm not here to judge.​

I used to play this HL1 mod for hours and hours. It was an over the top zombie hoard multiplayer shooter, with a huge a choice of weapons and not a great deal of gameplay to it. But hey...it was zombies when they were less ubiquitous.

I have a distinct memory of playing a map in a shopping mall with a (yellow?) car parked in the middle of the mall and standing on it on shooting like crazy with an M16. Weird flash bulb memory.

Glad to hear the mod still exists in some form in 2014 Jamie . I'm not sure how well it would translate to today, given the vast gaming options out there compared to those days. Zombie games are plentiful, hell even zombie Source mods have the space well covered. I hope you have plans to make it stand out from the crowd.

Oh yes, we have very much the plans to make the mod stand out a lot, due to the effort the team are doing to make it bring back the best of old time memories of Brain Bread. Thanks for commenting! We love to hear from people who enjoy talking about their time's playing the classic! :)

Oh for the love that is dead and reanimated please zombie lord Jesus yes! Huge fan of the original.

While I thought brainbread was the best thing since sliced brain at the time, I don't see myself enjoying it these days.

While I thought brainbread was the best thing since sliced brain at the time, I don't see myself enjoying it these days.
I still enjoy playing it time to time with my friends :)

Oh for the love that is dead and reanimated please zombie lord Jesus yes! Huge fan of the original.
Then you will love BB2 when it comes out :) We also added new gamemodes and more to make it more interesting, and lots have been changed (except Classic Mode). We are currently re-working some areas and redoing it since it wasn't that great, and much of it was crap. The Classic gamemode was re-done 2-3 times already due to some minor problems here and there. Anyway, you can hopefully expect a Closed Alpha release sometime on July, we can't promise anything but we are trying.

I demand entry into alpha.

Reasoning being that I want to kill zombies.

I always preferred Zombie Master myself.

Back