Breaking Bad Season 3

That would probably be best. But 10 bucks says there will be many more seasons, this show is too big at this point for them to end it.

They have to be careful about not going out on an acid note though.

Damn, I thought it's going to be 2 hours, as Akira said and looks like a few of you expected it as well.

Great episode, but I was disappointed when it ended because I thought there's still some time left of the episode. Now we'll have to wait a looong time for the next season :(

Also, the camera shift at the end threw me off a bit. At first I thought Jessie moved his arm to the right.

Oh and I didn't expect Mike to be so totally ruthless.

How do ya figure?

Yeah, I don't think Gus had intentions to screw Walt... not until Walt killed those guys and proved how dangerous he can be for Gus's operation.

I mean, I totally understood where he was coming from too, because Walt was kind of a wildcard, and you don't want a wildcard in that type of organization. I was completely rooting for Walt though, and want Gus to die now.

Damn, I thought it's going to be 2 hours, as Akira said and looks like a few of you expected it as well.

Great episode, but I was disappointed when it ended because I thought there's still some time left of the episode. Now we'll have to wait a looong time for the next season :(

Also, the camera shift at the end threw me off a bit. At first I thought Jessie moved his arm to the right.

I thought that exact same thing Unfocused... the 2 hour thing, but also the shifting to the right, like he couldn't do it.

this show is ****ing awesome. i can't wait to see how gus reacts to this, there's little doubt walt is in for the beating of a life time and jesse has no choice but to run so i wonder how much of an impact he'll have on the beginning of next season.

part of me wants walt to take over gus's job by the end of the series yet you sort of want innocence to prevail on his side. then again, walt is on a course to being a stone cold killer at the rate he's going.

now i have to watch crappy shows until next season...that sucks

this show is ****ing awesome. i can't wait to see how gus reacts to this, there's little doubt walt is in for the beating of a life time and jesse has no choice but to run so i wonder how much of an impact he'll have on the beginning of next season.

part of me wants walt to take over gus's job by the end of the series yet you sort of want innocence to prevail on his side. then again, walt is on a course to being a stone cold killer at the rate he's going.

now i have to watch crappy shows until next season...that sucks

FUTURAMA! In 10 days!

And I was totally expecting Walt to somehow kill both Mike and Victor, but they took the more realistic, better approach I think.

Yeah, same here. I thought he missed on purpose. "Did he just shoot the tea kettle?" I thought.

Now, you got me thinking. I'VE FIGURED IT OUT :burp:

Jesse missed on purpose - as a warning and out of frustration he shot the tea kettle.

Jesse is going to order Gale to come with him, drive far out of sight, then tell him that Gus is going to kill Walt. Gale will be like "I could be killed next for almost no reason!"

Gale will not want Walt to be killed. Gale is softer than a Cottonelle rabbit. He couldn't hurt anything. And he will fear for his life.

As long as Gale is taken out of the picture and will not work for Gus, then Walt will live.

Enter: manhunt for Jesse and Gale by Gus and company.

And I was totally expecting Walt to somehow kill both Mike and Victor, but they took the more realistic, better approach I think.
Yeah, I think that episode was showcasing how great Mike is at what he does, and how Walt didn't stand a chance against Mike. (unless Walt can outsmart him). I honestly think Mike likes Walt, but anyway, he was prepared to kill him, because that's what he does.

Yeah, same here. I thought he missed on purpose. "Did he just shoot the tea kettle?" I thought.

Now, you got me thinking. I'VE FIGURED IT OUT :burp:

Jesse missed on purpose - as a warning and out of frustration he shot the tea kettle.

Jesse is going to order Gale to come with him, drive far out of sight, then tell him that Gus is going to kill Walt, and Gale will be like "I could be killed next for almost no reason!"

Gale will not want Walt to be killed. Gale is softer than a Cottonelle rabbit. He couldn't hurt anything. And he will fear for his life.

As long as Gale is taken out of the picture and will not work for Gus, then Walt will live.

Enter: manhunt for Jesse and Gale by Gus and co..

Nah man... I don't think Gus is going to take that chance. I'm willing to bet that they're going to keep Walt trapped down in the lab and force him to make meth under gunpoint.

They're going to have him basically chained up like an animal on a short leash, with only the lab to roam.

Yeah, I started thinking that maybe he indeed did not kill Gale, though I see no point in him shooting at something in the back of the room. Surely, if Gus' goon walked into the scene, Jessie's move would be more rapid.

I don't think it's possible to determine for sure if it's just a camera shift or if there's an arm movement in there as well.

Nah... I don't think Gus is going to take that chance.
Take what chance?

The show made it clear that Gus needs to keep manufacturing meth without any delays. If Jesse and Gale split town and can't be found, then Walt will be forced to keep making meth, essentially at threat of death; no doubt, I agree. I don't know about chained in the basement, but w/e.
Unfocused said:
I don't think it's possible to determine for sure if it's just a camera shift or if there's an arm movement in there as well.
Yeah. I guess that's the point. A cliffhanger.

Take what chance?

The chance of telling anything to the DEA or anybody. They can't just let Walt go back home and come back to work again and again to make Meth.

No... that's not how it's going to work. They're going to force him to live in the Lab, making meth for free like some kind of genius animal.

They're going to turn him into a slave.

The chance of telling anything to the DEA or anybody.
Oh, that was just some hasty speculation and I didn't really stand behind it so I removed it from my post.

Sorry, that's why I didn't know what you meant.

They can't just let Walt go back home

They're going to force him to live in the Lab, making meth for free like some kind of genius animal.

They're going to turn him into a slave.
Eh, you're crazy. I don't agree with that.

EDIT: TBH, I see Hank getting back on his feet and shutting shit down, son. Walt could turn protected informer and have almost no punishment, in return for all the juicy details on Gus's operation.

EDIT 2: In the end it's Hank vs. Mike for the intense final showdown.

Oh, that was just some hasty speculation and I didn't really stand behind it so I removed it from my post.

Sorry, that's why I didn't know what you meant.

Eh, you're crazy. I don't agree with that.

EDIT: TBH, I see Hank getting back on his feet and shutting shit down, son. Walt could turn protected informer and have almost no punishment, in return for all the juicy details on Gus's operation.

EDIT 2: In the end it's Hank vs. Mike for the intense final showdown.

You think they're going to let Walt just go back to doing what he's been doing, knowing that they want to kill him, as soon as they get the chance? Risking the chance of him going to the authorities and turning himself in and ratting them out? They can't kill him since they need a cook, but I can't imagine they'll let things be the way they were.

I guess we'll have to see when the new season starts.

Could be, but I don't think so because it will raise suspicion with Walt's wife (where is Walt?), which will alert Hank (I think Walt is in trouble, Hank, I'm going to have to come clean), which could stir up the never ending DEA hive.

Yes, they'll double their efforts to continue watching him 24-7, just like after Walt ran over those 2 gangbangers, but chained in the basement just isn't Gus's style, I don't think. He'd rather loose the game than play that way, I think.

I don't think Gus believes that Walt will go to police. Walt's family is just too vulnerable.

Could be, but I don't think so because it will raise suspicion with Walt's wife (where is Walt?), which will alert Hank (I think Walt is in trouble, Hank, I'm going to have to come clean), which could stir up the never ending DEA hive.

Yes, they'll double their efforts to continue watching him 24-7, just like after Walt ran over those 2 gangbangers, but chained in the basement just isn't Gus's style, I don't think. He'd rather loose the game than play that way, I think.

I don't think Gus believes that Walt will go to police. Walt's family is just too vulnerable.

You could be right... but just imagine the drama of Hank finding out that way and knowing Walt is a meth cook... while coming to that realization while he tries to locate him to save his life, if he has reason to believe he's still alive anyway.

You're probably right though... having Walt locked up in the lab will probably get boring real fast. I mean shit, he might spend an entire episode trying to kill a fly.

<runs>

Could be Gus does something with Walt's family. Take someone as collateral to ensure Walt does exactly what they want him to do from now on. Perhaps they'll try to get to Jesse this way.

How do ya figure?
Gale was always Gus's guy, Gus knew what he was doing. Not that far fetched to think Gus just wanted the recipe since he knew Walt was unstable. Gale was the best of the best, i dont think him being set up with Walt was an accident. And Gus going to Gale after the shit hit the fan kind of proved it in my opinion.

Gale was always Gus's guy, Gus knew what he was doing. Not that far fetched to think Gus just wanted the recipe since he knew Walt was unstable. Gale was the best of the best, i dont think him being set up with Walt was an accident. And Gus going to Gale after the shit hit the fan kind of proved it in my opinion.

Walt didn't really prove to be that unstable at the point in time when Gale was brought in as his assistant for the first time, however.

You could be right...
I guess I made you feel like your idea was crazy, but honestly, I've been pretty far off on a lot of my predictions. Looks like I was right about Gale becoming a major player in the season, however.

But the characters are so deep, they could spend half an episode with the characters visiting an art museum and it would still reveal something about the characters - so what I'm saying is that they can take the series in any direction they want. So it's been pretty unpredictable.

I've noticed that as soon as the series seems to be heading in a predictable way, they turn the whole thing upside down in one episode.

EDIT: another thing. I'm not really sure if Walt ever tried to convince Gus that he was doing so well after his treatment. Gus may have truly believed that Walt was dying. And even if Walt has told him otherwise (don't remember it), Gus may not have believed him, because Walt is so proud and private.

Walt really showed no signs of instability up until Jesse re-entered the picture. Having 'the best of the best' working for you is pretty much a good idea no matter what. He might've had plans for Gale to learn the formula from Walt because of cancer or something, but that's different than having sucking up the information and then disposing of him. I'm not sure how him resorting to using Gale after it becomes necessary proves that he was already using Gale before it was.

Didn't Mike point out to Gus early in the season that Walt is not stable mentally? Which he clearly wasn't. Then you have all these other issues including that Walt isn't really a meth dealer at heart and has a brother who is a DEA agent. Not sure you want someone like that knowing the details of your entire operation.

We don't really know the story of how Gale was connected to Gus, wish they expended on that a bit more.

Perhaps, but I've always gotten the impression that Gus genuinely trusted in and respected Walt. Even if he was plotting against him in the beginning he clearly wasn't when took Gale out of the picture and allowed Jesse to replace him.

I have rewatched it a couple of times. Jesse didn't move his arm. But holy shit this show is so god damn amazing. Is it really nine months to the next episode?

True, I got that impression too. But I didn't like how it ended, Gus ****ed over Walt. And the fact Walt suggested Gus might have ordered the killing of the kid got me thinking that might have been possible. This way he could have eliminated Jesse without losing Walt's trust since he knew Jesse would go out and do something stupid getting himself killed.

Awesome as pretty much always.

This is very important though:

The A.V. Club: Last season ended with an episode that was reasonably conclusive, whereas this season ends with a cliffhanger. Why’d you choose to end on an ambiguous note?

Vince Gilligan: Well first let me ask you: When you say “ambiguous” do you mean ambiguous in the sense of did Jesse shoot Gale or not?

AVC: Among other things, yes.

VG: Gotcha. That’s interesting, because I’m hearing that from some folks, that question. To me, for what it’s worth, it’s not actually meant to be ambiguous. It’s meant to be, “Oh my god, Jesse shot poor Gale.” But I’m realizing now that when people see the camera come dollying around so it’s looking down the barrel of the gun, some are reading that as maybe he’s changing his point of aim. But that’s not what we intended. Apparently it’s not as clear as I thought it would be. [Laughs.]

Damn. I realized that there is no Breaking Bad tonight. :(

How else will I get my meth fix?

Hmm... will it emulate the drama and intense paranoia of the series?

Possible! piss off the right people and you got yourself a spin off.

Just make sure you learn to cook before you piss them off, or they won't have a reason to keep you alive.

I know I'm just a little late to the party but... wow, what a great show!

just finished season 3
can't believe we have to wait so long to see the next episode ARGH!

Walt didn't really prove to be that unstable at the point in time when Gale was brought in as his assistant for the first time, however.

Yes, he did. When Mike and Gus had the conversation in the car about Walt, Mike had just come from picking Walt up at Banake's (sp?), and also attacking Saul when he found out his place was bugged. This was before Walt ever started cooking for Gus, because the conversation in the car about Walt being unstable was discussing making a deal with Jesse to make Walt jealous so he'd come cook for him. The only business they had prior to that was Walt selling the meth they had cooked elsewhere, so Gale wasn't in the picture yet. Also, Mike had pulled Walt's medical records, so I'm sure his fugue state stuff showed up there, too, and they wouldn't know it was all a sham. Not to mention Mike witnessing Walt breaking into his own house, and seeing the pizza on the roof. There's a lot of instability to anyone who's not the viewer who knows all the details.

Both, Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul won an Emmy last night.

Good for them. :)

Just crammed through S2 and 3 and I must say, S3 was easily the best piece of television that I've seen in years.

I love this show and believe it deserves every award it ever wins.

So I have some totally exclusive information about this show just for you guys. I know the owner of the car wash they film this at (the one Walt worked at and now bought) and usually they would rent the car wash for 1 day of filming. For this season they scheduled 3 days of filming for next month, so it looks like that will be a large part of the story next season.

Now okay, maybe this isn't all that much but I think it was cool to find out. It's a long shot but I'm going to see if I can get my self access to the set when they film those days. They will be hiring a number of people from that car wash as extras and since I have a relationship with the owner I'll see if I can sneak in.

Awesome.
Get pics of you with Bryan Cranston.

If I'm lucky enough to get on the set for sure, I'll post pictures. Like I said though, kind of a long shot. My relationship with the owner is related to my business so I have to becareful not to seem like a unprofessional fan boy.

Do they really start filming this early? S4 only starts in July next year...

Screw that.
Be a rabid fan boy and offer sexual favors.

Back