Breaking Bad Season 4

Jesse never broke his stare, so Gale must have been killed. I'll actually be very disappointed if he isn't. I think killing Gale will be the beginning of some very dark changes for Jesse, and maybe Walt if he decides to feel guilty about it. At the very least, they're on some bad, bad terms with Gus and Mike, and I don't see them doing high-level synthesis or distribution much longer. Especially not in Mexico.

As I recall it's been confirmed after the finale was aired that Gale was killed and it was never their intention to imply otherwise

I hated the first season, so glad it picked up.

There were some parts of the third season that felt so good, like it released an incredible strain of the tension and I had the cheer. Saul Goodman is also the best character this series has.

As I recall it's been confirmed after the finale was aired that Gale was killed and it was never their intention to imply otherwise

as i recall, they've been very patchy with their conflicting reports, but if that's the case then they chose a very amateur and cliche way to show that he was killed. like i say, if tv's taught me anything about off-screen killings...

Off-screen? Do be serious. The screen goes black EXACTLY as he fires, and the gun is pointed at him. That is hardly 'off-screen'. There was no doubt in my mind that he was killed. I think you're just too paranoid because of other shows that throw in twists like that.

I can't think of a twist that would even work in this circumstance. We definitely heard a gunshot, and I don't think "Someone else shot Jesse" since up until then, they had no idea he was in town, and neither Mike, nor Gus, nor that other kid were near Gale's apartment at the time. Explaining it as "Oh no it was someone else" just wouldn't work.

I do wish that it had been a bit more obvious that Jesse actually *did* do it because yeah, you expect that kind of twist because so many other shows have done it. Breaking Bad doesn't usually pull its punches like that, though.

This thread has too many spoiler tag posts

At this point it is perfectly acceptable to discuss this stuff without spoiler tags. If people haven't seen through Season 3 at this point, they should not be reading a thread that is for pre-air discussion of Season 4.

Thus:

WARNING: UNTAGGED SEASON 3 SPOILERS AFTER THIS POINT IN THE THREAD

On that note: Gale is most definitely dead IMO. I don't think they left much room for interpretation. I am frothing at the mouth with excitement over season 4, now that both Walt and Jesse are so deep in the game that they can't even consider turning back. I think we might even start to see a shift in one or both of their characters towards a more genuinely callous and even evil perspective... since both Walt and Jesse clearly were willing to murder an innocent man in order to preserve their own lives. The body count is pretty significant now - what is it something like 5 bodies or so that Walt and Jesse have produced since the series began?

The main producer/writer (I forget which) said that Gale is unequivocally dead, and was shot by Jesse. Yo.

The body count is pretty significant now - what is it something like 5 bodies or so that Walt and Jesse have produced since the series began?

I feel like it must be more than that.
Especially if you consider Walt's involvement in the plane crash.

Not counting the plane crash, there's Jane, her father and those 2 guys Walt ran over. Jesse killed Gale. Is there anyone I forgot about?

Not counting the plane crash, there's Jane, her father and those 2 guys Walt ran over. Jesse killed Gale. Is there anyone I forgot about?

There's also the hispanic dudes in the first season (the one they chain up in Jesse's basement for a while and then liquefy with acid). I can't remember if they just killed that guy or if they killed both of them. There also are some collateral damage deaths that Walt is indirectly responsible for too (like you said, Jane, and I feel like there are more I've forgotten).

Yeah, they killed both hispanic guys.

Did Walt kill anyone when he blew up Tuco's place? I don't think so, but I can't remember for sure.

And I feel like Tuco should count, since they shot him and left him for dead. Even if Hank didn't show up, Tuco was done for. Which I suppose would also have ended with the uncle dead, since he couldn't feed himself.

Off-screen? Do be serious. The screen goes black EXACTLY as he fires, and the gun is pointed at him. That is hardly 'off-screen'. There was no doubt in my mind that he was killed. I think you're just too paranoid because of other shows that throw in twists like that.

if you consider the term off screen specifically to mean something that happens and isn't shown, only talked about by characters or overheard on a radio, television et all then no, it's technically not. however, gale is neither on-screen at the time either, so give me a little leeway with my words here, will you? the ambiguity in the where the gun barrel is facing, or where the shot goes, was deliberate in not showing gale having his brains blown out across his wonderful little apartment. i don't necessarily believe hearing a gunshot is enough to believe he is dead and not something else a little more humane like staring down a barrel only to see a shot barely miss him as jesse, as broken a man as he is, grasps some morality in his actions at the very last second. as a last resort he considered murder to save himself and walt, and in a fit of rage, loyalty and friendship he almost definitely knew he was going to go down fighting against those two gangbangers, but this is something else here. this is cold-blooded murder, have we seen anything of the sort from either of the pair yet? the subject of a body count is interesting, but we've only seen walt - in a sense - have a hand in a killing that was almost cold-blooded when he didn't help jane when she choked. outside of that, there's been self-defence and accidents, but i think this is a pretty big step into something much worse, and walt always did warn jesse about that.

however, all things considered, i think the logical step is for gale to be killed when walt's life is in the balence. it's going to be a throw-off if he isn't, but this is breaking bad here, it curveballs left right and center. i'm just not allowing myself to be too taken aback if he isn't; half the fun of the show for me is the sudden edge of your seat gripping tension of something suddenly happening that throws you off guard.

The A.V. Club: Last season ended with an episode that was reasonably conclusive, whereas this season ends with a cliffhanger. Why’d you choose to end on an ambiguous note?
Vince Gilligan: Well first let me ask you: When you say “ambiguous” do you mean ambiguous in the sense of did Jesse shoot Gale or not?
AVC: Among other things, yes.
VG: Gotcha. That’s interesting, because I’m hearing that from some folks, that question. To me, for what it’s worth, it’s not actually meant to be ambiguous. It’s meant to be, “Oh my god, Jesse shot poor Gale.” But I’m realizing now that when people see the camera come dollying around so it’s looking down the barrel of the gun, some are reading that as maybe he’s changing his point of aim. But that’s not what we intended. Apparently it’s not as clear as I thought it would be. [Laughs.]

http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan,42064/

his own editor believed so, too.

For those who care, I'm posting the episode titles that have been revealed so far.

4x01 - Box Cutter
4x02 - Thirty-Eight Snub
4x03 - Open House

cyoZQ.png

Little over a month! So stoked. I'm gonna be dying for great TV once Game of Thrones ends.

I just spit coke all over my keyboard reading that TwiXX :LOL: so true!!

Luckily for you I'm at my gf's and I spit over my crappy $5 dell keyboard, not my logitech G110 at home :D PS TwiXX I saw you posting in r/pcgaming and almost shouted out HL2.net but my username on reddit is different so I decided not to embarrass you in front of all your friends :E

BB-S4-Wide-Key-Art-WTT-560x210.jpg

Also don't go hunting for Season 4 info. I accidentally read a recent interview with Bryan Cranston and he revealed something rather large that happens in the first 10min of the new season.

And that signals the end of my Breaking Bad news-getting from places other than HL2.net and reddit headlines.

/opens spoiler

AHHHHHHH WHAT?

/closes and runs away

Looks awesome. Can't frickin' wait.

I want Walt to end up synthesizing LSD by the end of the series.

Skylar looks weird as **** in that first image.

the main cast promo picture is awful, and i really dislike how the season 4 trailer (or teaser?) shows ''action'' footage i.e. explosions! from the previous three seasons. it's difficult to get hyped watching that trailer when half of it is stuff i've already seen before.

nonetheless, i'm pumped. too bad i won't be watching this as it airs. all my pals are away back home for summer, so it won't be till the start of our next term until we all reconvene and get together to watch it. i could go solo and just watch them by the week, but i know that when september comes around and they start getting together to watch it i'll kick myself. nothing beats watching this show with some friends to talk about the tension and GRIPPING SUSPENSE at the end of each episode.

yeah, that's a cracking scene. i nearly had a panic attack (one of many near occurences when watching this show) with apprehension about what was going to become of hank's character when he became a target, and when he fought his way out i have never whooped and hollered with joy at a television so hard in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ugqO3rrP50&hd=1

Schweet Jeebus! I got goosebumps all over meh. :D

I just spit coke all over my keyboard reading that TwiXX :LOL: so true!!

Luckily for you I'm at my gf's and I spit over my crappy $5 dell keyboard, not my logitech G110 at home :D PS TwiXX I saw you posting in r/pcgaming and almost shouted out HL2.net but my username on reddit is different so I decided not to embarrass you in front of all your friends :E

Hehe, here's a mockup i found
halflife3.jpg

Yeah, i have been on Reddit ever since Digg went down the toilet. I regret not using it sooner. It's far more better than Digg and the community is awesome.
What's you username, by the way?

the main cast promo picture is awful, and i really dislike how the season 4 trailer (or teaser?) shows ''action'' footage i.e. explosions! from the previous three seasons. it's difficult to get hyped watching that trailer when half of it is stuff i've already seen before.
This is supposed to be the action season. Every season Walt had his back up against the wall or didn't want to kill. He realizes now there is no going back and the only way is to fight for his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffnKNfHuWN0

That Mexican drug lord guy (who put Gus in charge btw) said his brother is the Police Chief and has connections to possibly the mafia. The drug cartel would be the first notified though and they will be looking for Gus. THE F'ING MAFIA AND CARTEL ITSELF. They certainly want to kidnap Jesse and Walt to use him to cook stuff as well. Main reason why Tuco wanted to bring him to Brazil to cook Meth. It's so that the South-West USA wouldn't get tons of good meth and corner the market.

that maybe so, but it's not what i'm saying - i don't agree with the use of older season footage. it had a clip of the exploding turtle in there ferchristssake. what's the point in that?

All explosions are valid for TV show promos, no matter how much sense it makes to put them there. Promos don't have to make sense, they just have to build up excitement.

I want Season 4. Now. Sexually.

The girlfriend and I have been watching the previous seasons over for the past week or so, partially because she's only seen them once before (almost a year ago) and partially to refresh us on everything before Season 4 starts. I'm so pumped it's unbelievable.

Yeah, the only downside to the show is that they did bump off Krysten Ritter, which was a shame as she was smokin.

Back