Breaking: Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

I feel like I have some safety in assuming the FBI have more than "hey, these guys are wearing suspicious clothing" to go on as a reason for releasing their photos to the general public. They don't owe anyone that information.
But then everyone will keep on thinking they only make decisions based on fears of certain stereotypes!

Baseball caps and hoodies... definitely terrorists.

But seriously what makes them think this is them? unless I missed it on the page.

They must have strong suspicions to have released these to the public. This is pretty much the sum of the info they gave about the 2 suspects on that page, at least.

FBI said:
After a very detailed analysis of photo, video, and other evidence, we are releasing photos of the two suspects. They are identified as Suspect 1 and Suspect 2. They appear to be associated.

Suspect 1 is wearing a black hat

Suspect 2 is wearing a white hat.

Suspect 2 set down a back pack at the site of the second explosion just in front of the Forum Restaurant.
We strongly encourage those who were at the Forum Restaurant who have not contacted us yet to do so.

As you can see from one of the images, Suspects 1 and 2 appear to be walking together through the marathon crowd on Boylston Street in the direction of the finish line. That image was captured as they walked on Boylston in the vicinity of its intersection with Gloucester Street.

But then everyone will keep on thinking they only make decisions based on fears of certain stereotypes!

That's the typical alphabet soup agency method. "Close enough for government work" is a cultural aphorism for a reason. I'm kind of surprised they've managed to even be this effective.

They must have strong suspicions to have released these to the public. This is pretty much the sum of the info they gave about the 2 suspects on that page, at least.

Having faith in the executive branch in this day and age is like a sheep inviting a wolf to dinner. Cops (especially federal agents) do not have anyone or anything but their case file's best interests in mind. Time and time again the federal government has shown itself to be an agglomeration of politically motivated, sociopathic shitheads.

Having faith in the executive branch in this day and age is like a sheep inviting a wolf to dinner. Cops (especially federal agents) do not have anyone or anything but their case file's best interests in mind. Time and time again the federal government has shown itself to be an agglomeration of politically motivated, sociopathic shitheads.
Well, yeah, you have a point. But I would've thought that with the shit-storm already surrounding their methods they'd want to avoid calling a lynch-mob on the wrong people. But then there's always the possibility I'm wrong and this could all be part of a giant clusterf*ck.

I suppose we shall have to see. But the sum of it seems to be, these dudes had backpacks and one of them set one down right where one of the explosions happened. So it's kinda alarm bells ringing for at least one of them if they happen not to be together as they appear to be.

A man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked at Jeff, 27, and dropped a bag at his feet, his brother, Chris Bauman, said in an interview. Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing Jeff’s legs apart. A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Center. He lost both legs below the knee. “He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview. While still in intensive care, Jeff Bauman gave the FBI a description of the man he saw, his brother said. Bauman’s information helped investigators narrow down whom to look for in hours of video of the attack, he said.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ar...st-idd-the-terrorists-and-helped-the-fbi-wow/

The violence began late Thursday with the robbery of a 7/11 convenience store, he said. Soon after, in Cambridge, across the Charles River from Boston, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer was fatally shot while he sat in his car, the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said in statement. Police believe the bombing suspects were responsible for the shooting.

The same two suspects, according to authorities, then hijacked a car at gunpoint in Cambridge. They released the driver a half-hour later at a gas station.

As police picked up the chase, the car's occupants threw explosives out the windows and shot at officers, according to the district attorney's office.

Officers fired back, wounding one of the men, possibly the person identified by the FBI as suspect No. 1, who is seen in the images released Thursday in a dark cap, sunglasses and wearing a black backpack.

The man died at Beth Israel Hospital. He had bullet wounds and injuries from an explosion, according to officials. The second man apparently escaped on foot.

Would it be too much to expect apologies from all the accusers of Asians, being as the suspects are from Russia and all... Yes? Oh... :/

asians?

asians.jpg

btw the two suspects are Chechen and islamist

The majority of Arabs do live in Asia, so I guess you could call them Asian.

Would it be too much to expect apologies from all the accusers of Asians, being as the suspects are from Russia and all... Yes? Oh... :/

Well most of Russia is in Asia... though if they are Chechens then they are just about from within Europe.

Saudi Arabia is technically in Asia too. Continental boundaries don't really make sense in these scenarios.

Wow. FBI Hostage Rescue Team just showed up in their choppers. I'm kinda surprised.

They are essentially the biggest guns the FBI has.

Someone is about to fuggin die.

Just so y'all know, in case you're not watching the news right now, they caught Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (Suspect 2 who was on the run) and he's in custody.

Aye, they have him in hospital in a "serious condition" according to the reps.

Back