British SS valuing your home

Baserape>

Spy
Reaction score
A new army of council tax 'inspectors' is to be given the right to enter people's homes and issue fines to anyone who refuses to cooperate.

Camera-wielding officials will be able to take photographs inside properties, including bedrooms, and rule they should pay more if they have home improvements such as patios and conservatories.

Residents could be fined £1,000, and then £200 every day after that, if they do not let the inspectors in or fail to properly 'assist' them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...n_page_id=1770&ct=5&expand=true#StartComments

What are your thoughts on council tax inspectors coming into your home to see if you have double glazing, a nice view etc..

Will you comply or will you stand tall and tell the Nanny state to dig one?

I can't wait to be fined ££££ and spend some quality time playing chess and ps2 inside.

I'll gladly invite the chap into my house.

Then i'll play a game of 'hide the firework in the property inspector'. Bring it on.

I think that the already ridiculous property market doesn't need this bullshit.

Window tax? Daylight robbery. No doubt we'll return to the days of people bricking up their windows and doors. Gordon and his chums are already taking 70% of our money, this is bullshit. If we were actually getting good services from the government, then I'd be willing to pay some tax.

But the fact of the matter is, we are getting increasing taxes everyday, with very small wage inflation, and decreasing quality of services. I mean ffs, the sums don't add up. And the funny thing is, we don't complain (i.e. take action) enough about it, so the government do what they like.

But this story is from the Daily Mail...

heh, we've had similar things in NL for a while now, but in our case government inspecters come to check if our porch isnt 5cm to wide or to close to the border...(so called counter illegal small-construction) lol

Great, more Daily Mail bullshit.
This only applies to Northern Ireland which still has a rates system (unlike the rest of the country which has council tax) which doesnt take property value into the equation. That changes next year when they move to a property value-led council tax, hence the -admittedly OTT- new powers to back up evaluations.
Of course this being the Daily Mail, the Northern Ireland angle gets sidelined for something far more dramatic and reactionary.

The readers comments for this story are feckin hilarious though......
Talk about 'big brother'. This government is doing its level best to turn this country into a communist state. The sooner they are gone the better. What about people's privacy?
You get what you vote for and thanks to the ignorance of the electorate Britain gets the jackboot of Nu Labour.

Democracy is dead....
This government has a hidden agenda against the English people and I'm not sure why. I do think that sooner rather than later there will be a backlash...
Berlin 1933 anyone?
It's official, this country is a democracy in name only! Maybe we should bring our troops home from Iraq to fight for democracy in the UK. I would urge everyone to challenge these jobsworths when they turn up on the doorstep.
Whats the point in trying to make a decent standard of living for yourself anymore? I think I may just give up my job, knock out a few kids by different men, and live on benefits in squalor for the rest of my days. At least the bank balance will be healthier.

No-one in their right mind is going to live out their days in this country
If England shipped all of the lazy louts collecting government money for doing nowt were shipped back to their homelands then England could reduce taxes and not raise them.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with house evaluation providing it is done on an equitable basis and not just to justify more taxes from the poor to feed the lazy even more poor.
And my personal favourite for eyeball-swivelling lunacy......
I beleive a chap called Mugabe started out like this. Granted he just went the whole hog, took peoples homes and murdered them. Similar thing just no blood.

:LOL: @ the last one.

Yes, let us all grumble at foreigners from behind our brandy glasses. Quite.

Ucyclopedia sez:

The Typical Daily Mail News Story

GUARDIAN-READING, GYPSY ASYLUM-SEEKER CONTINUES REIGN OF TERROR

An asylum-seeking, DEGENERATE, liberal, feminist, muslim, gypsy paedophile has continued to terrorise a community of law-abiding, white, middle-class protestants today.
The asylum-seeking liberal homosexual French GYPSY poor person was observed acting in a completely YOBBISH style by starving in the gutter and coughing up blood in a most UNCIVILISED manner. This all illustrates the continued DECLINE of Britain under the corrupt, "politically correct" COMMUNISTIC regime of Tony "Big Brother" Blair. The British values system has fallen apart. Kick them out! Kick them all out!! They're POLLUTING the gene pool of the Reich!!! Sieg heil!!!!

In other news, scientific studies have proved that there is a direct link between SERIAL KILLING and use of the drug cannabis, video games and reading the Daily Mail. Think of the house prices! OH GOD, WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE HOUSE PRICES?!!?!

So true...

But the fact of the matter is, we are getting increasing taxes everyday, with very small wage inflation, and decreasing quality of services. I mean ffs, the sums don't add up. And the funny thing is, we don't complain (i.e. take action) enough about it, so the government do what they like.
See? We're not so different from each other. The US bears many strikingly bad resemblances to the UK and vice versa. This seems like lunacy though anywhere you put it.

Back