Brits build next gen UAV

Hey I saw this movie! It sucked.

stealthm.jpg

Jessica Biel was the best part

It's in an anechoic chamber or some form of radar equivalent.

I think the whole project is preposterous!
What the **** do we need an unmanned stealth fighter for?! The Taliban??? Wut?
The British government is busy cutting the **** out of every budget for everything in the country which is going to inevitably widen the poverty line and the MoD is busy pissing around with scary future-tech we don't ****ing need.

PS - That plane looks COOL AS HELL :D

What the **** do we need an unmanned stealth fighter for?! The Taliban??? Wut?
The British government is busy cutting the **** out of every budget for everything in the country which is going to inevitably widen the poverty line and the MoD is busy pissing around with scary future-tech we don't ****ing need.

I think is just to increase cool factor

the harrier is the latest cool military thing that came out of england so they want to modernise especially whitt he f22 and others around

Much as I hate to quote Wikipedia:

Removed to avoid further embarrassment

Why not mention the wonderfully underbudget IT solutions your government loves to anally rape with excellent management and needed bureaucracy, too.

We don't need that shit. Now go find another job.

Ever heard of the V-22 Osprey?

Both MV-22 (USMC) and CV-22 (USAF) are now in service and doing rather well in Afghanistan, apparently.

Anyway, no. This wont enter service - its just a testbed. The technology, however, probably will. In about 30 years, long after everyone else has had one for ages. Like most British defence procurement programmes.

As for the whole not needing it, well... perhaps. But its money better spent than the EF Typhoon - there ain't no Soviet Airforce for that to fight anymore and it's rubbish at everything else. A stealthy, long range penetration aircraft with significant ground attack capability is useful not only in conventional warfare, but would also be of use in COIN warfare - something that can carry a decent bomb load is much more useful than something that carries air-to-air missiles and had its ground attack capability shoehorned in at the last moment and that the MOD refuses to buy ammo for the cannon for (and they only bought the cannon because the brilliant plan of replacing it with a cannon shaped lump of concerete didn't work out.).

Back