BSOD ! Everytime i play a game.

Alan00000

Reaction score
Ok i get BSOD everytime i play games for more than an hour , and sometimes when i watch videos on youtube or whatever. What is the problem ? I have checked my memory sticks by swapping them out after each playtime. I have no artifacts when playing games on screen. It was happening once in a while now its every time I play a game.

My pc specs are

4 gig ddr2
2x 460 1 gig
q9550 cpu
700 watt power supply
p5nt deluxe motherboard.

i did update display drivers, but not motherboard drivers is that needed?

Its good to have up to date drivers for all your motherboard stuff, but I doubt thats whats causing the issue.

First thing I'd do is open up the Nvidia control panel and monitor the temperatures (I'm assuming they have such a feature, been using ATI for the last several years so im not sure). If any of the temps are abnormally high then thats a problem right there.

If those look normal, then the second thing I'd do is remove one of the video cards and run them single. See if the problem persists. If it does, swap the cards and see if its the same. If its still causing problems then its not the video card most likely. If doing one of the cards by themselves works, then the other card is likely faulty and should be replaced, hopefully under a warranty.

I'd recommend Everest for temp monitoring, has a desktop gadget that's always updating itself.

A big source of information would be the BSOD Stop code.

The one that looks like this Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

My guess, based only on my experiences, would be RAM.

If you have multiple memory sticks, try running in just one... then the other... or a whole new set you know to work.

Go to your 'computer management' check the 'event viewer' and the 'system log' and see what error the BSOD is throwing at you.

From my experience it's usually memory related, overheating, or bad drivers. You don't necessarily have to see artifacts when stuff is overheating, the processor could be getting to warm as well. If you've had your PC for awhile I recommend cleaning it out and get rid of all the dust/hair. Check the fans on your GPU and CPU.

ok im gonna try the starting up with just 1 gpu then switching. I've tried rolling back drivers and the memory swapping those didnt work.

nothing works yesterday i couldnt even get to the desktop, but it was posting. I got it working today for about 2 hours playing crysis 2 and then BSOD! I think my motherboard bridges are getting to hot that is common with the P5NT delux board people are saying on forums. I ordered a new board , memory, cpu yesterday. time to upgrade anyways.

Back