C Johnson - picture?

J

Jlowery145

Hello!, Would have put a picture up, but thought about this while I'm at work! During the one test with the companion cube, in the back room there are pictures of the companion cube and all the writing!

But one picture stood out! It is a picture of a man in a suit, with a vest on! And under the picture it looks like "C. Johnson" is written! Now, the face is obscured with a companion cube plastered over the picture, but his hair cut sure looks familiar like a certain stalker we all know from Half life 2! If anyone can get a screen grab that would be great, but thought I would post this here!

Can't remember seeing this.

Someone post a pic please! D:

testchmb_a_130002.jpg

testchmb_a_130001.jpg

testchmb_a_130000.jpg

There you go. That is the best quality I could get. :[

Looks like it says something along the lines of "Our Leader."

That picture is both amusing yet creepy as shit at the same time.

Guy must have really loved his cube. :|

superstition percieving inanimate objects as alive, and...

Im way hallucinative

The companies...

desert me...

thats all i can make out

Its obvious the person who wrote this for some reason was stuck in this place. Its understandable that he would love the cube so much, as its the one thing that allows him to proceed to new places.

Why were they there for so long if the robot wanted to kill you after you completed the puzzle, did you go the farthest out of all of them?
Assuming they didnt reach the end, they should be dead somewhere, no? What is the point in testing these people? If they kill whoever beats the puzzle, whats the point in the test in the first place?

sry, thinking out loud

Yeah, sorry for making you all have to post the pictures! Like I said I'm at work and wanted to make the post about it! Thanks a shamrock for posting the pictures! The writing on the bottom of the one picture, now that I'm looking at it, looks more like it says, something "Founder" Chief, Co, etc. Can't really tell! But you gotta admit his hair does look like the Gman's!

"Our Founder" Do you think thats what it says? The close up helped a lot!

Did you see the family pic?

i have to admit that the abandoned parts of aperture science creeper the hell out of me

It says:

"The companion cube will desert me"

Not the companies, for correction.

Anyone notice that the calendar is dated September 1983. I wonder if that is supposed to be the contemporary date (roughly) for the game's action. That would mean that Aperture (and its ultimate downfall) predated Black Mesa by quite a bit.

Why do you suppose the face is blocked out? Apart from the fact that the person is obviously obsessive about the companion cube...(My personal feeling is that GLaDOS set everything up, markings and everything as part of you very unorthadox 'training'...)
Do you think that it could be someone we might already recognise? Someone who often uses portals himself?
Doesn't anyone else think that the way and timeframe that this 'C Johnson' came up with Portal technology is really weird?
GLaDOS jokes about Black mesa in the final song...How did she know about it?
Do you think that maybe 'our mutual friend' informed her of his plans?
G-man's actions certainly fit with Aperture science's 'we do what we must because...we can'
What are your opinions?

According to aperture labs.com, 1996 was the year that the staff begun the process of adding genetic components to Glados.

1983 is about the timeframe that... um... several high ranking 'fatah' personel choke to death on lamb chunks. o_O

Keep in mind, half life 1 takes place around 2000 give or take a year or three.

Everybody knew about the black mesa incident in half-life 2, you can even find newspaper clippings about it. So maybe glados just watched the news channel.

Very high textures can't save us now

Everybody knew about the black mesa incident in half-life 2, you can even find newspaper clippings about it. So maybe glados just watched the news channel.
I interpreted that joke as a play on the Black Mesa-Aperture Science rivalry.

And while those screens are there does anyone else think its strange that apparently the "Girls of Aperture Science" are cartoons?

Because she was designed by Aperture Science Laboratories, a direct competitor with Black Mesa, as a response to Black Mesa's research into Portal technology? Just a thought.

Hey too bad, they made a mistake in the calendar. It shows the 1st September 1983 starting a Friday while it started a Thursday. If you want to find a 1st September starting a Friday, you get 1989 for example, or 1995, or 2000, or 2006, etc. Strange! Well no, it's just a mistake, I think. Nothing special to interpret.

Hey too bad the f*** this up. They made a mistake in the calendar. It shows the 1st September 1983 starting a Friday while it started a Thursday. If you want to find a 1st September starting a Friday, you get 1989 for example, or 1995, or 2000, or 2006, etc. Strange! Well no, it's just a mistake, I think. Nothing special to interpret.
Obviously deliberate to screw with the minds of the employees :|

Now, the face is obscured with a companion cube plastered over the picture, but his hair cut sure looks familiar like a certain stalker we all know from Half life 2!
Sure, he was poisoned by mercury and it cause loss of hair, mental disorders and other symptoms.

id like to think Valve put that in to test the really eagle eyed players.. i mean.. they wouldnt just put completely random stuff in that stands out without any superficial meaning behind it? would they..?

The "Our Founder" portrait looks very familiar. I'm not sure if it's a particular one I've seen before -- I was most thinking of US presidents -- but it's definitely a familiar style, for formal portraits of statesmen and businessmen from around the first half of the twentienth century or so.

There are several different bits of artwork in the game with dates on them, particularly some of the series of cake photos you see on monitors late in the game, so it's difficult to be sure what the dates mean. A calendar's particularly hard to miss, though. My guess was that the person who was living in that spot was scrounging around for anything comforting in the austere environment of Aperture Science, and he happened to find some old calendars. One of the posters, by contrast, is obviously a WWII-era cheesecake poster.

It says RIP, sp maybe this guy died?

the R.I.P. is aimed at the companion cube, because the picture of the guy is supposed to be the companion cube displayed as a real person who CAN talk... to the stranded guy's point of view

Calendars can be reused...if you ever pay attention to what day of the week your bday falls on, save for leap years, its always the day following last year's...so that means that every 7 or 8 years a calendar can be reused and will have the correct days and dates...so that 1983 calender could be used again in 1991, 1999 and 2006...

1999 being around the time of the Black Mesa incident, that could be the timeframe...

There's actually a formula to figure out when a calendar will be good again. My dad figured it once, but I can't remember the numbers. So many years for a leap year, so many for the year after, the year before, etc.

My speculation is that whoever went nuts in there just hoarded any picture he could find. Maybe he found Miss September to be the most attractive of the 12, or she had survived X years without getting tossed.

if anyone noticed, the girl is on a levitating scaffold. Are you sure the tech was available then?

According to aperture labs.com, 1996 was the year that the staff begun the process of adding genetic components to Glados.

1983 is about the timeframe that... um... several high ranking 'fatah' personel choke to death on lamb chunks. o_O

Keep in mind, half life 1 takes place around 2000 give or take a year or three.

The original manual states that the year you receive the letter is 200*, so it could be between 2000 and 2009

Well if she's on an unstationary scaffold, then as far as we know it didn't exist then. But if she's on a levitating scaffold, all that is is a hydraulic elevator with no walls.

the R.I.P. is aimed at the companion cube, because the picture of the guy is supposed to be the companion cube displayed as a real person who CAN talk... to the stranded guy's point of view

GlaDOS tells you at the beginning of that level that "if the companion cube talks to you, we advise/encourage (w/e) you not to listen to it"

That could be her adapting as a direct result of previous test subjects thinking the Cube can talk to you...

On AperatureScience.com, when you login as CJOHNSON and type NOTES you will get the whole history of Aperature and the only connection with Black Mesa seems to be that BM also developed some kind of portals, and then Aperature started making GLaDOS.
And i'm 95% sure that G-Man is Cave Johnson. Maybe HL will continue the story of Portal. And Cave is the founder of Aperature so it is him on the pic.

First off, we have known about the "NOTES" thing for months. Second, G-Man is G-Man, and it is almost certain he is not human.

Back