Came a f*cking brick, or, Dead Space 2 on this month's GI

Saw this somewhere.

Dead Space 2 is apparently going to have monsters that are quick and hunt in packs. They're also made up of the bodies of children.

The small paragraph describing them talked about how you'll be walking down a corridor when you'll see one peek around a corner and stare at you, and that's when the other three jump on your back and rip your head off.

Oh yes.

Dead Space 2 is apparently going to have monsters that are quick and hunt in packs. They're also made up of the bodies of children.

I thought they meant that a type of necromorph would be made of children and immediately thought of this from Invader Zim:

Nharghok2.jpg

I thought they meant that a type of necromorph would be made of children and immediately thought of this from Invader Zim:

Nharghok2.jpg
I remember that. ****ing disturbing. Also the idea of something just staring at you while peeking around a corner is really unsettling imo. ****.

That sounds immense, but you already have the super fast statis necro's from the first. I think they were the scariest out of all of them, like one minute they are a mile away, the next they are in your face!

The scariest ones were the tall ones that moaned, IMO. The second I entered a room and heard that moan, shivers were sent down my spine.

That sounds immense, but you already have the super fast statis necro's from the first. I think they were the scariest out of all of them, like one minute they are a mile away, the next they are in your face!

****ing this, my first encounter with them was nerve wrecking.

Sweet. I really liked the first Dead Space untill it started to get a tad repetitive. All it needs is a little more variety and less shite zero g sections (or zero g done well) and it will be excellent.

Has anyone played Extraction btw? Mine should be here in a few days and i'm pretty hyped :)

Don't have a wii. Annoying that they have made it exclusive to one console.

It wouldn't work without a lightgun on another console. Does the 360 have a lightgun?

Nope, not at the moment at least which is kind of odd.

Don't get me wrong I'm abit of a psfanboy :p but have you tried it yet? o_O

BTW even i am not getting that POS :|

What the **** was that crappy piece of crap?

What the shit? I'll wait until it's on YouTube.

Btw, I got the GI with the article. The children aren't the ones who peak around the corner. You can now move around in zero g, no more jumping from spot to spot. A new gun is the javelin, which pins necromorphs to walls; adds a new strategy. They saw a piece of concept art that had two guys in powersuits shooting at necromorphs while the third was hacking a computer to open a door; probly co-op. Sounds awesome IMO. I'll write more later, I'm too tired now.

Lookin' pretty coolio, especially now that I'm playing DS1. [thx willie]

First one is pretty easy so far, I still don't see why people were complaining about the controls for the PC version. I'm still precise as hell with the mouse and all the keys feel fine.

People only thought Dead Space 1 was terrible because they get embarrassed about themselves when they don't wear a shirt in public.

loljks

I enjoyed Dead Space, though for some reason I never finished it. I forget where I got too... something in the back of my mind says either deck 8 or the mining deck, though I'm unsure if they are even in the game or the same thing, that's just what comes to mind right now.

Think I'll start over when I get back to uni, if I decide to take my 360 with me. If not, I'll get back into it before DS2 comes out.

I just hope the game turns out well, I'm a bit worried.

Reasons?

1. The teams most recent game(Dante's Inferno) turned out very dissappointing in my book, judging from the demo anyway.

2. The original leads behind Dead Space was 'bought over' by Activision to work on a new undisclosed IP.

Hopefully my fears will turn out false, but I dunno, Dante's Inferno felt far more average to me than Dead Space.

I kinda fear that maybe EA just forced the team to make a God of War clone to try to cash in on its success, hence why the game turned out so average, no passion from the development team perhaps.

I kinda fear that maybe EA just forced the team to make a God of War clone to try to cash in on its success, hence why the game turned out so average, no passion from the development team perhaps.

I really do think that's all it is, personally I'm not that worried :)

Back