Can CS:S run on a new Macbook??

skedar

Reaction score
After getting a macbook for christmas i was wondering if i ran windows if it could run CS:S.

Yeah, macbook pro will run it. Happy CSSing

Mac Books are not ideal. Go look at the tech specs and make your decision. If it's a mac Book Pro, you will be sailing smoothly once you boot-camp it!

It'll be good to see another guy out there dispelling the myths of Macs. Welcome!

(I've got a Mac Pro with an X1900 GPU :D)

i got a macbook at christmas after going on my friends (they own!). But my i couldn't persuade my parents to get me a Macbook Pro. And then they got me a macbook from John Lewis (department store in England) They sell macs for about ?100 ($200) more than the apple stores and they have the old stock so i didn't get leopard free with it and it's still got the slower processor. :(
Fortunately some guy was selling leopard for ?30!

i got a macbook at christmas after going on my friends (they own!). But my i couldn't persuade my parents to get me a Macbook Pro. And then they got me a macbook from John Lewis (department store in England) They sell macs for about ?100 ($200) more than the apple stores and they have the old stock so i didn't get leopard free with it and it's still got the slower processor. :(
Fortunately some guy was selling leopard for ?30!

Doesn't look like your going to get a Macbook thats got the umph to play source games. BUT LIVE IN THE HOPE THAT YOU WILL!

I got a 24" iMac for Christmas. Haven't gotten around to put XP on it to play games. But it looks really cool and is very quiet. You only really hear it when it is dead quiet in the room you can hear a couple fans.

Hopefully it runs EPS2, TF2, and COD4 good.

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600
1 gb DDR2 667
ATI 2600 PRO

P.S. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the gfx card on an iMac. I dont know if it is possible because everything is so compact.

P.S. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the gfx card on an iMac. I dont know if it is possible because everything is so compact.

That is the reason why it's not possible, they're integrated GPUs. I'm pretty sure you won't need to worry about upgrades, your computer can play Oblivion like a charm and that is the most load it's going to be taking. Most system reqs for games are going the way of Call Of Duty 4 (meaning: better programming makes better graphics) so you should be fine. I hope your enjoying Leopard! I've still got 10.3 and It can't run the new iPod nano I got for Xmas :hmph:.

Back