Where did you toss the can?

• In the trash.

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • At the cop.

Votes: 53 57.6%

• Total voters

Sliver Slave

Reaction score
Did you toss the can in the trash or at the metrocop? Did you attempt to avoid the beating? Did you noclip and toss it at breen?

Wheres the "I put on cheats and Impulse 101/noclip him." option?

I loaded the first citadel map, then reloaded the trainstation map, and put the metro cop in the bin. Head first.

That was the defining moment in the early part of my first Half-Life 2 playthrough (that, and when you come out of the trainstation and see City 17 and all the Breen monitors and stuff). I threw the can at him and proceeded to run screaming in terror when he whipped out his stunstick and chased me around the train station for a while.

The first 4 times I passed that point I didn't even know you could obey.

I couldn't resist flinging it at the metrocop. :stare: Then I ran out the door and he forgot about me. :LOL:

That was the defining moment in the early part of my first Half-Life 2 playthrough (that, and when you come out of the trainstation and see City 17 and all the Breen monitors and stuff). I threw the can at him and proceeded to run screaming in terror when he whipped out his stunstick and chased me around the train station for a while.

Truly terrifying. I did the same, but rather than screaming like a little girl I gave a big manly yell of surprise.

I wasn't doing the screaming like a little girl part, it was our mutual friend Gordon Freeman in fact. For someone so capable he sure is a scared little bitch.

I actually thought the same thing, once I went over the fence I thought I was wanted.

Though I instantly recognized the can part from the E3 video so I was like "oh okay I guess I'm fine"

I was kind of confused my first time through. Before you get to the open corridor where the metrocop stops you, there's a little room you go through. It has chainlink fence with a door on one side and stairs leading up to the door you're supposed to go through on the other. I thought maybe I was supposed to go through the fence, but I figured I'd try the stairs first. I also got the impression that the metrocops were looking for me and that I shouldn't even let them see me; after playing the first game, I wasn't used to the idea of being a nobody. So when I got to that corridor and the metrocop showed up, I didn't even hear him telling me to pick up that can. I was just like, "oh ****, I went the wrong way" and started to run away. When I got back into the room with the fence and tried to open the door, it of course didn't work. As I turned around, the metrocop was RIGHT THERE BEHIND ME and he proceeded to beat the shit out me. It was traumatizing ;(

I loled.

I whipped that ****ing can at the mother****er's face so hard that it took his head clean off showering my screen with a crimson red coating of blood and pink brain chunks and little pieces of skull.

Threw it in the trash, mostly because it had more potential.

I at first had no clue what he said, so I just waited for him to repeat himself. Instead he beat me.

I tried to throw it in the trash but I missed and hit the guard instead. I still got beat although my intentions were good.

I dunno, but when I opened those double doors into the claustrophobic park, that was the defining moment for all of gaming for me. It was more beautiful than anything I'd ever seen, and every character had a soul to them. It was better than sex.

On one occasion I ended up running back in to the courtyard hoping he wouldn't follow me. He did. Although whether I managed to give him the slip or not I can't remember.

I threw it in not knowing I could get away without doing so.

I threw it in the bin, but reloaded a pre-throw quicksave afterwards, threw it at the cop and played him around by jumping on him and off him before he whacked the living daylights out of Gordon.

I put the can in the garbage then took my place in line behind the other citizens, I didn't want to make a scene.

I threw it at him in one game, then got the achievement for it (orange box for xbox360) and then the next game i put it in the bin.

I did something similar to toaster. I was like, "Oh god, they've seen me, it's over." And I shivered behind a wall to see if he would walk away.

This is a bit random, but since we're discussing picking things up: Did anyone else get annoyed at first that you can barely pick anything up without damaging it or making unwanted noise? Like, I meant to turn off a TV set in the first level, (spare Breen's annoying monologues.) so I pressed E, and Gordon takes it and pulls it out of the plug and when you turn around it bangs against the wall and is loud.

This is a bit random, but since we're discussing picking things up: Did anyone else get annoyed at first that you can barely pick anything up without damaging it or making unwanted noise? Like, I meant to turn off a TV set in the first level, (spare Breen's annoying monologues.) so I pressed E, and Gordon takes it and pulls it out of the plug and when you turn around it bangs against the wall and is loud.

Gordon has a disorder that impairs his physical abilities, and I find your comments rude and hurtful.

Gordans funny, I just threw it at the metrocop and kept jumping in the air and it looked funny then I just put impulse 101 on and blew him up!

The first time I played HL2, I threw the can at him, not knowing what would happen. I soon found out. :rolling:

Gordans funny, I just threw it at the metrocop and kept jumping in the air and it looked funny then I just put impulse 101 on and blew him up!

Who the hell is Gordan? Can we please have at least one thread where he name is spelt right? Is that too much to ask?

Oh crap, I've just realised that I really am turning into Pi now. I might as well just be promoted to moderator so I can say all this stuff knowing I have power.

I tried to throw it in the trash but I missed and hit the guard instead. I still got beat although my intentions were good.

Same here, but the fact that I did both was more satisfying than either alone.

Doesn't anyone here throw anything else besides a small can at the cop?

I knew what would happen after I tossed the suitcase at the guard on the station platform.

I had to anyway ;)

Back