Can you give us something, pls

G

gamblor

I have been sitting and waitting ever so patiently, as well as thousands of others, for the release of HL2. So i propose something to whoever this may concern, can you give us a little playable demo, or another BINK video. I have been watching the same movies over, everyday in dreams that i can get my hands on HL2 in the future, whenever it gets released. So i state again, pls, whoever is listening up there, send us another video or even a single player demo, which would be SO EXTREMELY NICE.

yours truly,
Gam:thumbs:

Be patient, someday, maybe soon, they will give word.

Originally posted by gamblor
I have been sitting and waitting ever so patiently, as well as thousands of others, for the release of HL2. So i propose something to whoever this may concern, can you give us a little playable demo, or another BINK video. I have been watching the same movies over, everyday in dreams that i can get my hands on HL2 in the future, whenever it gets released. So i state again, pls, whoever is listening up there, send us another video or even a single player demo, which would be SO EXTREMELY NICE.

yours truly,
Gam:thumbs:

I'll get right on that.

Pick me up a burger on your way back

Hmm Nw909 can ya get me a playable demo of Duke Nukem Forever while your at it? Cause that would be fun to play with.

playable demo? how bout just a freakin' release date. all i want is a glimmer of hope

yeah! throw us a frickin bone here! waiting waiting waiting....ad infinitum

well on the steam site they said they would be releaseing some new stuff to test the network in the comming weeks, this is the first so maybe next week we get something.

they are talking about cs:cz, which should hopefully come out this saturday, but knowing valve, who knows when it will come out. But i am pretty sure that it will come out this week, fingers crossed. steam is doing good for now.

yeah sure now that you've made a post about it, im sure valve will get right on it :rolleyes:

I would like to see some sort of announcement letting us all know a little something about what is going on, and at lest some hint as to whther its still a "holiday" release or is it Q1/Q2 2004? Just a little info please.

They are releasing stuff on steam to test the network. yes it IS related to CZ, but they are releasing FREEEEE stuff to TEST the network. CZ is not free. Binkm movies are.

Originally posted by ultraq
They are releasing stuff on steam to test the network. yes it IS related to CZ, but they are releasing FREEEEE stuff to TEST the network. CZ is not free. Binkm movies are.

What kind of bink movies? New HL2 movies or..?

it's just a guess, people are guessing they are going to release what's left of the E3 movies, and probably some more movies (as promised before). but it's just pure speculation.

new e3 movies would be cool,

I love the bink movies, they almost make me feel like I am playing the game...

/me watches hl2_tunnels.exe

lol @ iamironsam. Nice name btw. I couldent think of a proper name when I came to this forum. If I could change it I think I would choose "GingerNinja" though. :p

Anyway I dont care what it looks like I am still hopeing! :p

Honestly - who the hell cares about the E3 videos anymore? How many times do you need to see them? Oooooh bink makes them look so REAL.

lol

Come on - if all Valve can give us is a new Bink Video of the E3 stuff, then they obviously are not getting anywhere with Half Life 2.

They are probably taking a break so they can get Counter Zone done and ready for Steam, not that anyone gives a crap about Counter Strike or Couner Zone anymore. Why are they even wasting their time with that game?

WE WANT HALF LIFE 2, NOT ANOTHER DAMM COUNTER ZONE GAME.

Christ - we should just ask the hacker to go into Valve again and pull off some of their latest creations...

lots of people care about CZ, not me personally, but lots of other people do.

maybe counter-strike fans?

don't underestimate the number of people that play CS, man.

Originally posted by Netherscourge
Honestly - who the hell cares about the E3 videos anymore? How many times do you need to see them? Oooooh bink makes them look so REAL.

lol

Come on - if all Valve can give us is a new Bink Video of the E3 stuff, then they obviously are not getting anywhere with Half Life 2.

They are probably taking a break so they can get Counter Zone done, not that anyone gives a crap about Counter Strike or Couner Zone anymore. Why are they even wasting their time with that game?

WE WANT HALF LIFE 2, NOT ANOTHER DAMM COUNTER ZONE GAME.

Christ - we should just ask the hacker to go into Valve again and pull off some of their latest creations...

Counter Zone? :LOL:
If by "Counter Zone", you mean Condition Zero.. then okay..

Either way, CZ already went gold, there's not alot to work on, and I'm pretty sure they have seperate teams working on CZ/HL2, if they are working on it

Sad but true. There are many people who are interested in Condition Zero. :(

All I want know is a new estimate release date on HL2. Or maybe TF2.
A nice demo or something would be nice.
What if they made a demo that is completely HL2 unrelated. For example that seige catapualt in the email valve thread. Just make a demo of that so you can mess arround a bit.

ie, Just something to pass the time with :)

well, they said they will show other videos that ere not shown at E3.
I hope they show us some videos to prove that the leak/theft is not even 20% of the game. like, i dunno, show several videos of the same level played several times, each time different things happen based on what you do!

Even Gabe seems to have gone quiet recently. I wonder if the whole hacker thing has soured relations with the community somewhat.

Originally posted by Netherscourge
not that anyone gives a crap about Counter Strike or Couner Zone anymore. Why are they even wasting their time with that game?
Maybe the few hundred thousand people that play it each day care? :dozey: The above statement was by far the dumbest thing I read in these forums for a while. If you have been living under a rock CS is the most played online game and has been for the last few years no matter how old the engine might be.

nah I think he's right, everybody I've ever known who played CS don't play anymore. People just don't care about CS anymore, at least not the long-time players, maybe little kids still find it cool. Of course I don't want to generalize, there are always exceptions.

Originally posted by SIN55
nah I think he's right, everybody I've ever known who played CS don't play anymore. People just don't care about CS anymore, at least not the long-time players, maybe little kids still find it cool. Of course I don't want to generalize, there are always exceptions.
Because you don't play it anymore means that all the long time players have left? I have been playing CS for over 3 years and I know many people that have been playing even longer than that. CS is still a great game even if you don't happen to like it. Saying only the little kids still find it cool makes you look like a arrogant ass-hat (no offense).

Jesus Christos! everywhere i read on these boards there's drama. "ass-hat"? that's harsh.

the point is .. those people who play counter strike .. are hl fans .. and they are surly waiting for hl2, and most of them probably got bored waiting for cz so many years, and now that hl2 is close, cz seems like nothing. that's just my opinon anyway. maybe i am wrong

Saying only the little kids still find it cool makes you look like a arrogant ass-hat (no offense).
Actually, I checked out a server the other day and his assessment was right on. It was every Counter-Strike stereotype you've ever heard.. heh heh.

Jesus Christos! everywhere i read on these boards there's drama. "ass-hat"? that's harsh.
If you weren't such a stiff-ass you would see I didn't actually mean it ;).
the point is .. those people who play counter strike .. are hl fans .. and they are surly waiting for hl2, and most of them probably got bored waiting for cz so many years, and now that hl2 is close, cz seems like nothing. that's just my opinon anyway. maybe i am wrong
I agree with you there, I lost intrest in CS : CZ a long time ago and will not buy it once released.
Actually, I checked out a server the other day and his assessment was right on. It was every Counter-Strike stereotype you've ever heard.. heh heh.
Yes, but this goes for any game out there, not only CS. Welcome to the world of online gaming where some people like to ruin it for everyone else since their life sucks.

I'm familiar with online gaming, Limit, thanks. Never.. have I seen a stereotype match that well either. It was just kind of funny.

Originally posted by Vanthem
I'm familiar with online gaming, Limit, thanks. Never.. have I seen a stereotype match that well either. It was just kind of funny.
Didn't mean to point that remark at you, sorry as I made it look that way. It just amazes me how people like to feel like they have a big penis because they can call someone a "fag" over the internet using their keyboard.

Originally posted by SIN55

www.gamespy.com/stats doesn't lie. there are more people playing cs now than ever.

Didn't mean to point that remark at you, sorry as I made it look that way. It just amazes me how people like to feel like they have a big penis because they can call someone a "fag" over the internet using their keyboard.
S'all right. You nailed the reason for that when you said, "some people like to ruin it for everyone else since their life sucks." For some people, devoting their life - for the most part - to a game is all they've got, sad as it is.

Back