cf_lazytown - the first custom tf2 map, released!

Holy shit, they don't waste any time.

Hello Gabe Newell!

Looks rushed and bland, who ever made it should of put some time and effot into it rather then trying to rush it out to create the first custom map.

Ehh, I'm not a fan of it from teh looks. Looks just tossed together.

The lack of detail really brings it down.

Nice work, certainly pumped that out fast.

Does anyone know if there will be any more official maps in the retail version or not?

No one's lazy in LazyTown! Cool name for TF2 map. :thumbs:

Nice work, certainly pumped that out fast.

Does anyone know if there will be any more official maps in the retail version or not?

I dont think so, I heard that they where going for the quality and not quantatiy. The want a few maps which everyone plays lots rather then loads of maps which one one plays like on counter-strike with the whole de_dust syndrome.

I dont think so, I heard that they where going for the quality and not quantatiy. The want a few maps which everyone plays lots rather then loads of maps which one one plays like on counter-strike with the whole de_dust syndrome.

Quoted 'cause I definitely agree with the sentiment. I much prefer getting to know a smaller number of maps inside-out than a whole pile which you (pun intended) just run through.

That said, I'm all for custom maps, I just hope the truly fantastic ones rise to the top and become played regularly, instead of a whole heap of ok maps being cycled.

I believe Valve will be releasing extra maps sometime after retail ships?

I doubt they'd add more than two new maps with release version, if any.

But fear not, I have a feeling the mapping community for this will be pretty big :p.

I may make somethin for it myself, I like the art style much more than realistic graphics. Easier to focus on gameplay rather than aesthetics.

way to be grateful guys...

Grateful for something that was shot out of someones ass? Sorry, but criticism comes when you pump out a map so fast you forgot to add detail.

Speed =/= Quality.

I just found a server and played on this map for a couple of minutes. I think for a custom map is a good start. Right now it is very simple and there's always a chokepoint around the middle.

-It needs some more alternative routes like some sewers or even a pathway through roofs/balconys.
-Change the big grey blocks into something else that can blend in the map, right now they look too artificial.
-Maybe switching the map into capture the flag mode? The only thing i dislike about TF2 is only 1 CTF map...

Is there someway of unencrypting the game config so that you can map for TF2 already? How was this done so early?

It's possible he figured out the entity names somehow and didn't need the actual fgd.

Yeah, I figured they'd be around lopers somewhere if I looked :p

Apparently the link is dead, he's one that will definatly work http://www.hl2world.com/bbs/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2682

btw on the subject of detail, the map was originally just a boxy test map to see if it would even work in tf2 but i got sucked into adding a few details and decided to release it. The map is one evenings work (and a little more figuring out the control points) and is a really blast to play with 10 / 24 people!

cheers

I'm waiting for the Fabled map of the Lord Pi Mu Rho...

Well, the creator at least wins a few points for adding 2fort's cardboard cows.

Back