Characters to die...(Episode 2 Spoilers)

Who is going to die in Episode 3...?

• Kleiner

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Magnusson

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Alyx

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Barney

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • D0G

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Gordon (?)

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Gman (?)

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • More than one or other (Please explain)

Votes: 32 22.5%

• Total voters
I think the likelyhood of a character death is very likely, and after hearing Alyx note 'looks like the Combine are angry now' (or something of that nature) at the end of ep2, I think it wouldn't be 'dying for the sake of dying', it'd be dying at a realistic time, when the Combine are going full throttle attacking the resistance.

Dog doesn't appear frequently enough to die, mossman will just... Fall down an elevator shaft.

No one will die, maybe Mossman

By the way, I think Gordon will die at HL3(If it is the last on the sequel)

I dont think anyone is going to die.

I really don't see a reason for eliminating a character in Episode 3, why do it for the sake of doing it. We just had some one eliminated in Episode 2 and I like to believe the reasoning behind loosing Eli was because the developers were trying to keep us on our toes, as well as let us know that nobody is safe from Marc Laidlaw's script.
Damn right. Eli's death is a massively significant plot point and deeply affects all the major characters (especially Alyx, naturally) and in doing so, helps make the tone of future events (immediately, if not further) much darker.
If they do kill another main character (and it's entirwely possible) it will be because it has a significant impact on the player's experience and the overall tone and direction of events, not simply for the sake of it.

Also, as far as killing the G-Man goes: no. Just no.
If eliminating him from the game's story becomes necessary then so be it, but killing him off would be a terrible decision as it would essentially destroy everything his character has been built up to be. A bad ending for a wonderful character.
A much better option (in my opinion, at least) would be to have his grip on (and access to) Gordon removed (by the Vortigaunts for example) thereby eliminating him from the story in a way that defeats him but doesn't completely shatter everything he's been built up to be.
More than that, it also leaves open the possibility for his return at a later time, which would be wonderful as his attitude towards Gordon would no doubt be immensely malevolent.

I'll try my best to explain my opinion:

Kleiner: IMO He isnt really of a high importance to Gordon, so it is unlikely that he will die.
Magnusson: Again, not of high importance but should he die, no one will give a sh!t.
Alyx: The 2nd Major character, IMO its either VERY unlikely or Valve will swerve us and have her die.
Barney: I dont think he will make an appearance on Episode 3.
D0g: Dog cant die, its a machine.
Gordon: Yes, he will die several times during the gameplay and spawn a few minutes back to where he was.
The Gman: Too important to Gordon to die, so unlikely.

In conclusion, the character that I think will die the most is Alyx or Barney (Should he make an appearance)

I hate D0g. I wish for his death with every waking moment. As long as he lives my body is wracked with pain and weakness.
kermithb9.jpg

My idea is that D0g will not "really" die but will be subverted by GLaDOS's programing and put under her control for a period of time and will kill Mossman in an attempt to prevent the Borealis' secret from falling into the hands of the hands of the former Black Mesa scientists; after which GLaDOS will restore D0g to his former state, having no mere use for him.

That's a very interesting idea... On the other hand I don't think GLaDOS will make an appearance in the HL games. That kind of sustained dark humour doesn't fit too well with the HL games.

She didnt seem particularly humerous in the final song, maybe since Chell destroyed her main cores, she has returned and seem the light so to speak.

Is Lamarr gonna be okay?

hahaha !
well my fav character is Isaac Kleiner .. will be sad if he died. i dont know about anyone dying this time but im sure the opposite will come, more characters introduced that is story related..

basically they need more characters to kill, the old ones are getting less n less

Barney will probably die, in fact i think he's already dead, considering he didn't even appear in episode 2

To all the people who say that Barney will die, have you people played blue shift? It'll take a lot to kill Barney.

On the whole, i really doubt any major charecters will die.

Gordon Better not die, if he does then I will be quite unhappy. He is literally the most badass video game character ever! HE CAN'T DIE! Leave main character deaths to the Call of Duty series.

Gordon Better not die, if he does then I will be quite unhappy. He is literally the most badass video game character ever! HE CAN'T DIE! Leave main character deaths to the Call of Duty series.

ol' Gordon Better is a legend around these woods.

Again people, Dog CAN'T die! It's been said before, Dog is a robot, it can't die, and even if it is blown into pieces, it can still be rebuilt!

Not according to Locke. Personal identity is defined by continuing conciousness, and being blown up hampers with this somewhat.

Gordon will probably die in Episode 3: For real-world reasons, Valve will probably want to create a new concept and ease the growing boredom and criticism on the Half-life universe.

For canon reasons, I think Freeman's death would be perfectly logical: maybe the G-man will a play a role in this? Maybe he has been manipulating event for so long now it can only come to one conclusion: the death of the legendary Gordon Freeman and the permanent destruction of the Combine?

^Gordon will not die in Episode 3, it's been confirmed this Half-Life 2 trilogy isn't the end of the Half-Life franchise, more specifically the main branch of storyline involving Gordon and the Gman.

If anybody is going to die it will be Mossman, Barney, D0G or more obviously and unsurprisingly Alyx.

Dog is expendable.

Dog is most certainly not expendable: in theory, he's probably one of the advanced creations made by the resistance, and a gleaming figure which shows humanity's resourcefullness and inguniuity in times of great peril and depression. I mean, come on, just look at that paint-over(*girls scream in delight :smoking:*)

^Gordon will not die in Episode 3, it's been confirmed this Half-Life 2 trilogy isn't the end of the Half-Life franchise, more specifically the main branch of storyline involving Gordon and the Gman.

If anybody is going to die it will be Mossman, Barney, D0G or more obviously and unsurprisingly Alyx.

The story will continue? Big dissapointment: I was looking forward to WayWords and Half-Life: The strategy game: The thrill of assuming control over thousands of combine hordes or platoons of brave humans with Gordon Freeman as a hero-figure leading the way with his ridiculous amount of health-points and the retarded amount of damage he does every-time he throws his crobar and single-handedly takes down a strider army with a flimsy orange weapon wich will probably break down into a pile of dust and rubble as soon as it's forced to try and lift anything heavier than a cardboard box with its arcane other-wordly orange glow and its transhuman tendacy to tackle tenacious foes(?).

Just because it isn't the Half-Life series doesn't mean it isn't the end for Gordon. Unless its confirmed not to be the last game with Freeman.

The story will continue? Big dissapointment: I was looking forward to WayWords and Half-Life: The strategy game: The thrill of assuming control over thousands of combine hordes or platoons of brave humans with Gordon Freeman as a hero-figure leading the way with his ridiculous amount of health-points and the retarded amount of damage he does every-time he throws his crobar and single-handedly takes down a strider army with a flimsy orange weapon wich will probably break down into a pile of dust and rubble as soon as it's forced to try and lift anything heavier than a cardboard box with its arcane other-wordly orange glow and its transhuman tendacy to tackle tenacious foes(?).

There is already a Half life RTS mod.

I'm hoping Judith Mossman survives, but it feels rather unlikely at this point

I'm hoping Judith Mossman survives, but it feels rather unlikely at this point

I hate the fact the Resistance took her back in when she had already betrayed them once. I am disgusted by her return and hope she's under the foot of some hunter or strider.

Back