Cheating and HL2

N

ndr

It will be interesting to see if cheating plaques HL2 as it does HL1 (especially Counter-Strike). Hopefully there will be measures in place from day one to ensure that it stays as cheat free as possible. In the early days of CS things like alphamin and model bugs that were basically cheats built in to the game (although I doubt deliberately). Hopefully there'll be nothing like this 'accidently' included with the full game.

What kind of cheat protection do you think there will be (for multiplayer)? Will we have to resort to third party programs like punkbuster/cheating death etc etc or will Valve take a strong stance on it from the beginning, eliminating the need for such? Has anything been mention yet in regards to this issue?

As far as i know HL2 multiplayer will be based on steam if im not mistaken, so if its steam people will hack easily just like they do now :devil:

Originally posted by xXSMGXx
As far as i know HL2 multiplayer will be based on steam if im not mistaken, so if its steam people will hack easily just like they do now :devil:

what exactly is steam anywayz.

I don't think multiplayer will run on steam. Steam is a system for distubting software and software updates. It allows you to purchase and download software directly from the distributor.

Here's their homepage:

http://www.steampowered.com/

It's their new Source Engine... I'm sure Valve is taking measures to ensure that HL2 will be cheat free.

they better keep the cheaters out and playin normal because i get accused of cheating everyday and it pisses me off, if there was no such thing as cheatin i would get more respect than suspicions...iv been banned from a number of servers due to me pissin off the admins and whipin their ass at the same time...sound can be almost just as good as a hack if u listen close enough. if they prevent cheatin i will be super happy.:cool:

there better be cheats in the SP game when I beat it etc,but not multiplayer....no way

iv never gotten a high off SP cheats...seems so weak to cheat, but thats just me.
anywho wut was the major fault in hL1 was it that they released to much in the SDK or wut?

Originally posted by KiNG
they better keep the cheaters out and playin normal because i get accused of cheating everyday and it pisses me off, if there was no such thing as cheatin i would get more respect than suspicions...iv been banned from a number of servers due to me pissin off the admins and whipin their ass at the same time...sound can be almost just as good as a hack if u listen close enough. if they prevent cheatin i will be super happy.:cool:

it's automatic. When you play good, ppl go "hey look at that guy. He is cheating!!". I just ignore those newbies.

I hope there's more advanced cheats in HL2 SP.

Like in HL1 it was " sv_cheats 1 "
god - godmode
impulse 101 - all weapons and so on..

In HL2 I hope it will be:
imastupidn00bthatmustcheattoplaythisawsomegame - to activate cheats

imusthavegodmodeontoplaythisgamecuzmyaimsucksandidontwanttoexplorethegame - godmode

ineedallthedamnweaponscuzicantusethecrowbarandimafraidofthedark - all weapons
:afro:

MWAHHAA .. kiss

hope they will sue some kind of more advance version of VAC

I would be very surprised if Valve dont have something akin to VAC to roll out for the release of the game.

Back