Chills

Paulaner

Space Core
Reaction score
A useless thread just to say that Portal is giving me chills. Awesome mood and atmosphere in this game. And the whole portals thing is really, really mind twisting and flawlessly implemented. Wonderful!

Yeah they are pretty funny "Who are you?" "What are you doing?" "Please put me down!" etc etc

They did a nice job with the atmosphere.
Reminds a bit of the Cube movies.

when i saw those flames i was freaked.. after that everything was so disturbing to me.

Yeah they are pretty funny "Who are you?" "What are you doing?" "Please put me down!" etc etc

hehe. They made me laugh too.

"There you are! :D"

"Target lost :("

"Critical error :)"

(the smilies denote the tone of the voice)

hehe. They made me laugh too.

"There you are! :D"

"Target lost :("

"Critical error :)"

(the smilies denote the tone of the voice)

"Are you still there?
confused.gif
"

Yeah, those turrets certainly had perky voices. I'd want to hug one if it wasn't SHOOTING AT ME, OWW.

After a while, all that false cheer was making me want to do sadistic things to those unsuspecting machines.

Careful, that is illegal unless you are in Arkansas...

Well, Portal is fun and a bit creepy all the time. It's extremely hilarious in a way, but imagine that, if there was no humor in the game, it would be pretty horrifying experience.

Turrets were lovely, anyway :D

Yeah, the turrets are way too cute...makes me want to walk near them and pick them up and throw them round just to hear their cute voices. Then i get shot to pieces. ;(

I love it when they get knocked over and start screaming "AAAAhhhhhh"

Yeah, they didnt have to, but the turrets are SUCH a nice touch. They fit completely with Glados' sick sense of humor. I wonder if Aperture made them that way or it was Glados' doing.

I think its part of us going insane like the people who believed the Companion Cube talked to them...perhaps we are imagining the turrets as creatures and therefore having "conversations" with them...

Back