Close-up of Chell

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
Let the theory crafting continue!

Chells.png

Wow! So that's the character?

When I played the game I was Gordon Freeman.

Except the women in that photo is supposed to be Azian, and she's dead.

There might be some elaborate name-changing switcheroo at work here, but I'm going to take it at face value that Alyx's mother is indeed dead. Besides, I'm not seeing much of a resemblance.

Perhaps you have amnesia, forgot your name, and Apature faked her death to bring her in for testing?
o_O

The mother of the Vance family may very well be dead, but that alone doesn't at all destroy the theory that she's the protagonist in Portal. Nowhere in Portal does it make any reference to time, it could be at the end of Portal (assuming your character is Alyx's mother) that she dies, after the gigantic explosion, as it is left open-ended what may happen next, if anything. Also, the picture and the model for the protagonist in Portal are of extremely different quality, so it's heard to make anything but a loose connection between the pictures relatively poor quality and anything else.

Perhaps, but... I'm really not seeing the resemblance, even despite the differing image quality. I dunno. I just don't see the importance of bringing her back. Maybe I'm taking the "never before introduced" label too literally, but I'm confident it's an entirely different character. Kim Swift said herself that they simply chose the model for Chell out of a lineup for simply what looked best. If they were trying to build her up as Azian, I would think they'd go back to established material.

What were the reasons for changing the character to a woman?

I think the original male model was just a placeholder, possibly a red herring. Or maybe the newly-acquired vagina at Valve's offices resulted in the epiphany of having a female protagonist.

The placeholder model was the guy that sprayed the arrows in the end imo

Also, being a minority she is probably satisfying some sort of Valve affirmative action

the song MAY hint at it being azian, as it says you might goto black mesa for help. azian worked at black mesa meaning portal was set before hl1.

i dont believe this tho before anyone 'picks holes' in 'my' theory.

I think her lips remind me of Alyx somehow. But yeah, I doubt it's Azian.

Back