Coach....

Uriel

Tank
Reaction score
Everytime I play L4D2, the idiocy of Coach astounds me more than any other bot. I find myself almost screaming racist comments at this bot because of the constant moronic acts he keeps repeating. Is this just me or is Coach abnormally frustrating to play with more so than any other bot?

downloader.php

I haven't noticed in L4D2 but in my experience the bots in the first game had different personalities. Zoey was the only one who ever used the hunting rifle and used dual pistols more than anyone else. She was also the one most likely to heal me and she always startled the witch. Francis always used the autoshotgun and was awesome (he once crowned the witch). Bill always used the M4. I never noticed Louis doing anything interesting though.

I do believe each survivor has its own ai "personality", though this is mostly just a feeling.

I joined a Versus game the other night, immediately got smoked, and the bot which was with me (Nick) just spent 30 seconds staring up at the smoker while standing right next to me.

It's not just Coach.

Personally, I find Nickbot to be the worst. He once stood still next to a wandering witch for 20 seconds until she finally got startled.

Since the only time i don't play Coach is when someone has already chosen him... i never noticed.

the nickbot might be pretty stupid, but when i use him, i kick ass. everytime i use him, i get all the rewards, such as witch hunter and tank slayer.......

I find Rochelle the most idiotic bot, IMO.

She can't follow basic commands, ad 40% of the time, she'll get herself killed by doing something strangely idiotic.

Is this just a case of spin the stupid bottle, or did Valve **** up?

I find Rochelle the most idiotic bot, IMO.

She can't follow basic commands, ad 40% of the time, she'll get herself killed by doing something strangely idiotic.
The Rochelle bot has become unexpectedly egocentric, IME. Just the other day, I was playing 'Dark Carnival' on easy (!) in Single Player mode to get the gnome achievement. Made it to the concert stage; when the heli was there, I jumped in with the gnome, but had to get out again because my stupid bot teamies were getting stuck and I was getting attacked by CI and afraid the tank would get at me eventually. So I jumped out, only to get incapped moments later by the tank.

Rochelle went after me, but instead of saving me or helping one of the other bots (which I always refuse to do after they stay behind for like the umpteenth time, and the bots always are more than eager to do) she jumped in the heli and stayed there, watching me and the 2 other bots get incapped (yes, on EASY, go figure). Of course, she didn't take the gnome with her, so all effort had been for nothing.

I guess all my shouting to the bots ("oh come on, leave him/her behind, (s)he's had it coming for so long!") has been fruitful after all...

The Rochelle bot has become unexpectedly egocentric, IME. Just the other day, I was playing 'Dark Carnival' on easy (!) in Single Player mode to get the gnome achievement. Made it to the concert stage; when the heli was there, I jumped in with the gnome, but had to get out again because my stupid bot teamies were getting stuck and I was getting attacked by CI and afraid the tank would get at me eventually. So I jumped out, only to get incapped moments later by the tank.

Rochelle went after me, but instead of saving me or helping one of the other bots (which I always refuse to do after they stay behind for like the umpteenth time, and the bots always are more than eager to do) she jumped in the heli and stayed there, watching me and the 2 other bots get incapped (yes, on EASY, go figure). Of course, she didn't take the gnome with her, so all effort had been for nothing.

I guess all my shouting to the bots ("oh come on, leave him/her behind, (s)he's had it coming for so long!") has been fruitful after all...

Valve - Programming bots to leave survivors behind since 2008

Back