Community Update within a Week.

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
The much anticipated Steam Community Update will enter Beta testing within a week - according to a quick update on Shacknews.</br>
Valve director of marketing Doug Lombardi has confirmed to Shacknews that the Steam Community--a new service that will add extensive social networking features to the company's online Steam platform--is set to enter beta testing within a week.
</br>
To view the rest of the quick newspiece jump over here.</br>
For those that do not have any idea what this "Community Update" is - have a look see here.

Omgerz dey said it was sposed to b out in july!!! fuk valvve!!!

Kudos to the first fag who says that.

Anyway, yay. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

Are they gonna have community/clan/mod groups or profile pages as well?

Are they gonna have community/clan/mod groups or profile pages as well?

Don't quote me on this, but I think they're only going to have profiles. Some kind of mod group/page would have been ace.

I'd be surprised if they don't eventually add support for it. If they did they could eventually put the squeeze on the (Source) mod support ModDB provides (free profiles, free galleries, free download hosting, free news coverage) and bring their modding community back under their wing. On the other hand perhaps their business partners would object to heavy advertising and support for free mods that could compete with their commercial products.

On the other hand perhaps their business partners would object to heavy advertising and support for free mods that could compete with their commercial products.
Valve cares more about the community than what some third-party publisher thinks about competition with mods. They have and make enough money that one publisher being pissy about Insurgency being free means nothing more than that one publisher maybe deciding not to publish through Steam.

The beta is supposed to be out today according to Greg Coomer.

It's due out next week lmao! They just ****ed up 2 release dates lol.

Valve should stop with the whole... release date thing. It's just not working for them.

Valve is amazing..they can never get a single ****ing release date correct

I talked to a Valve guy (forgot his name ><) at Quakecon and they said they should have it up tonight.

Back