Computer Parts

TinyKilbasa

Reaction score
Ok, I've made a list of parts, & was wondered what everybodys' thoughts are.:

AHANIX Black/Silver Harmony Series ATX Mid-Tower Case, Model "X117" -RETAIL $25.00

ASUS 52x32x52 IDE Internal CD-RW Drive, Model CRW-5232AS, OEM Black Bulk $29.00

Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD1200BB, OEM Drive Only $78.00

Corsair Value Select Dual Kits 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM $89.00

ABIT "KV8 Pro" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Athlon64 CPU -RETAIL $101.00

Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply $55.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail
$169.00

Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack SP1a - OEM
$141.00

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL $169.99

I'm not sure if this link will work, but heres the list I made from newegg:

http://secure.newegg.com/app/shoppingcart.asp?DEPA=1&submit=ADD&item=29-102-163

From the previous thread, I was going to save my monitor, Video card, keyboard/mouse/modem from my old computer....
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37747

Anything you see which I forgot?

Much abliged for everyones help!!!!

MarcoPolo

Do you really need that big of a hd?

And btw, the list only has the soundcard on it.

And will the case come with a power supply or will you use your old one?

hmm.thats wierd...no my current powersupply is 350, I was going to beef it up to 480.... And Yea, the Hard drive needs to be pretty big, I do graphic work & I usually have pretty large files....

i would get the asus k8v mobo, its $99.

what kind of vid card do you have

cool, that config looks awesome. does your case have a power supply, from the looks of it $25 for a case it looks like it would come with a terrible power supply.

No I chose without one, Id rather buy my own then be burdoned by what came with the case...to be on the safe side....

ok, then your set. i strongly suggest the ASUS k8v though, thats what im getting, its sweet.

sorry this post is from the next day. I check mail at the library & they have a time limit....

Wow that does look like a decent board, thanks for the find!!

Now the fun part...saving up :)

btw, are there any accesories I should get to aid me in building?

:thumbs: I would get the Audigy LS, or atleast the ZS that's like $99 and put the extra money towards getting 1 Gig of ram . What video card are you getting, if you are?

If you can afford it, get 2 x 512MB of ram instead of 2 x 256. Otherwise it's a great rig my friend.

hi

Was your old powersupply 350W? In my opinion that's enough, I wouldn't buy a new one (unless you have some graphics card that uses a lot of power). And another suggestion, if you are using your computer for graphic work you should buy 2x 512 instead to make you applications run faster.

good luck

Wouldn't 1x 1024 of ram be better than 2x 512? That way you won't fill up your slots and end up with "useless" ram as quick.

:cheers: x2 512 of ram would run in dual mode, 1 stick of a gig doesn't, dual mode makes performance better.

Back