comrade's new mix... The Summer Of Bass

Reaction score
Monster of a mix, 46 frantic minutes of bass music.. uk funky, house, future garage, juke and dubstep.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Tracklist below..

Bust Broke - Kingdom
Shottas ft Mr Lexx (Crookers Remix) - Munchi
Together (C.R.S.T. Remix) - Hervé
Night Skanker - Lil Silva
From The Drop (L-Vis 1990 Remix) - MJ Cole & Wiley
Kazfara Juke (Dubbel Dutch Remix) - Big Dope P
Booty Slammer - Velour
Mookie (Math Head VIP) - Acid Jacks
Gutter Music - Starkey
Spongebob - Coki
What You Talking About!? ft. Ms Dynamite (Accapella) - Redlight
She Said (16Bit Remix) - Plan B
Raw Dogz - Skream
Screw Up - Subscape
Dynamic Balancing - Ramadanman
Wut - Girl Unit
Funky Junky - Unitz
Kick Snare - Crissy Criss & Youngman
Right Hand Hi (Caspa Remix) - Kid Sister
I Come From London - Benga
I <3 U SO (Skream's Made Zdar Feel Like He Was 20 Again Remix) - Cassius
Get Off (Jack Beats Remix) (Micro Genius Edit) - Blaqstarr
2nite - Submerse & Resketch
HOW LO CAN U GIZZO - Rusko
Bump - Spank Rock
Vampire Dub - Doctor P
Hammertime - Rusko
Floor Dem - Caspa
Perfect Stranger (Benga Remix) - Magnetic Man

DOWNLOAD HERE

[video]http://soundcloud.com/comradedd/comrade-summer-of-bass[/video]

Lemme know what you think...

thanks, I love this sorta music....especially since I live in a cold environment and the Bass sounds so much better in the Spring time and Summer when its nice and hot

liking it so far, very nice bro. If thats ok I just Tweeted this

Yeah that's fine, I'd love to get it to as many people as possible!!

Any favourite bits so far?

loving the whole thing so far, TBH I dislike the first bit, but I'll probably listen to it again tonight. sometimes it takes me two play throughs to enjoy something but overall very good! I like to listen to the whole thing before I make up my mind but this mix sounds guuuddd!

Thanks - kk, do you mean the intro with the vocal, or the more house-orientated portion of the mix? Sorry to be hounding you for comments, but I loooooove feedback, helps me get better!

the house orientated portion. 'this is a comrade promotion' sounded cool

I would listen to it, but I don't have any MDMA.

Not really a fan of techno, sober.

Thanks, I do that so clubs I give CDs to can't play the mixes out.. ok, coolies, yeah I know I was taking a risk doing a switch-up between funky and dubstep, but hey!

Oh, and if you want to know the name of a song in a specific place, just ask, I do mix between them quite quickly.

I like the mixing more than most of the music in it. It was good to see that someone's still playing Gutter Music, hilarious tune, although I'm not really sure I agree with how it blends in to Spongebob (and that acapella over the top just feels really messy and seems to slip out by half a bar a few times :<) I feel like you need a few more abrupt drops, rather than teasing in intros and letting the momentum drop just so that you can get the new track to drop by itself. Honestly, some of this music I just find appallingly bad (Raw Dogz, Spongebob, the tunes by Doctor P, Rusko, Caspa, etc) but I suppose that that's personal musical preference and that they could still work in a club. Mainly there's just a few odd transitions, which seem a bit too mashup-y to fit with the rest of the mix (Dynamic Balancing into Wut, although that mix actually works pretty well with the VIP of Dynamic Balancing). What'd you mix this on? Sounds digital?

Heh. I know what you mean about the Spongebob transition, the accapella I know is sliiiiightly out. Certainly will take your advice on letting things drop more - haha Raw Dogz is amazing played out.

The style thing might come from my background of playing more of a blend of dutch house, bmore, tropical and fidget - I've always loved dubstep but it's only over the past year or so that I've got into mixing it.

Mixed using Traktor, with Reloop USB decks.

Listened to this last night while reading. Not my type of music but I still enjoyed it!

Thanks! :E

kineaesth do you like Night Slugs at all? I have NSAS001, NS002, NS003, NS004, NS006, NSWL007, NS008, NS009 - big fan!

I could prolly do an all Night Slugs mix tbh :E

They're certainly alright, I think once they sort out their producers and get a bit more consistent they could be pretty good. Went and had a dig around for some, looks like we've got NS003, NSAS001, and NSWL007

edit: and the Pearson Sound one is almost definitely the best.

DEEP DEEP DEEP INSIDE DEEP DEEP DEEP INSIDE

Yes! The jam city refixes are fire too-have you got those? Definitely worth a purchase!

Back