Condemned 2 Developer Interview (pre E3) New MEDIA!

Looks good, but I'm skeptical of Ethan's character change. Even going so far as to replace the voice actor.

I sincerely hope he's not a completely different character with no ties to the first game, but that's what it sounds like he is. What with the stupid hard-boiled monologues and shit. I can't help but think of the bastardization process the Prince of Persia went through in Warrior Within.

F*ck them, I like Greg Grunberg. I'll still play this if it's good, but Absinthe is definitely on the right track with the whole PoP: Warrior Within fiasco.

IGN: Why no PC version this time?

Hasle: We wanted to focus on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360. That's really it.

OK. My interest in this just plummeted when I read that...:(

Also wtf on the "harder and darker" thing. Why couldn't they leave the character the same, he was fine the way he was in the first game.

And regarding PoP, I only played the first game didn't even bother to get the sequals when I heard of all the "hardcore" and "extreme!!!111" changes they've made.

Looks good, but I'm skeptical of Ethan's character change. Even going so far as to replace the voice actor.

I sincerely hope he's not a completely different character with no ties to the first game, but that's what it sounds like he is. What with the stupid hard-boiled monologues and shit. I can't help but think of the bastardization process the Prince of Persia went through in Warrior Within.

Ditto. The "hard man" Ethan sounds absolutely retarded.

It's not like I'm entirely against a darker shift in character. After the events of the first game, I find it a logical progression. My concern is that they go off the ****ing deep end and have him cracking "dark" one-liners in a gruff voice.

The only reason a dark, hard-boiled character ever worked in a videogame was because he was written with a tongue-in-cheek style, and that character was Max Payne.

If the gameplay doesn't make up for the narrative, there's no way I'm buying this.

Can't wait for this :) First game was pretty sweet.

I'm also glad to hear that they're going to have more exeuction moves (curb stomp FTW) and various ways to kill mini-bosses in the same vein as the end boss of Condemned.

It's not like I'm entirely against a darker shift in character. After the events of the first game, I find it a logical progression. My concern is that they go off the ****ing deep end and have him cracking "dark" one-liners in a gruff voice.

Which we've already had examples of. I'm sorry, but those lines they provided in that preview way back were laughable. Personally, I'd see logical progression as him being slightly weaker, more detached. There's two ways you can go, there's the darker character and then there's the one without the mental capability to grasp what's happening to him. I like the latter, but hey...

I mean, they have gone out, hired a new actor for the "gruff voice" (I mean, if that's not a clear sign of going off the deep end I don't know what is) and given him silly lines. The bastardization of the Prince is still fresh in my mind. >:

K, so I'm reading this article, getting more and more excited with each passing paragraph. Then I get to page three. No PC version.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

This game was AMAZING on the PC platform, and I couldn't even run it at near-high settings. I know I'm not alone when I say PC games always offer a much more immersive experience than consoles, due to the fact that your monitor is no more than two feet away from your ****ing face. Headphones also add that extra OOMPH to knocking some subway bum's teeth out.

I literally stated "What the ****," when I read their question of "Why no PC version this time?" I'm sorry, this is just such a retarded decision. I'm starting to get really sick of consoles stealing PC titles. DAMMIT.

I still maintain this game will probably be awesome, but being I can't play it, **** the developers. Sorry.

I've never read an argument for PC gaming offering more immersion that wasn't shallow.

Get PO'd over their choice of platforms to develop on, but console games can offer just as much immersion as any PC title. And frankly, I always thought Condemned was more suited to consoles any way. So I can't say I'm surprised.

It's a first-person game, hell, you might call it a shooter. Most people agree PCs work best for them, no? I came off as sort of a dick I suppose, but it's kind of annoying when I played one of my favorite games on my PC, and then I start reading about how awesome the sequel is, until the last page of the article, my excitement is diminished in one fell swoop.

I still strongly believe sitting roughly 4-10+ (broad estimate) feet away from your television, chances are with just stereo speakers (except for you home theater bastards), is way less fun than playing face to face with your monitor, and a headset glued to your ears.

I got my friend to rent FEAR for his 360 after I told him about it. I had played it on PC. The game always gave me a pretty creepy and scary vibe, and sometimes I wanted to shit my pants. When he played it on his 360, sitting on his couch relaxed, he didn't get so much as a tense muscle in his body. And no, he's not some macho, balls-to-the-walls dude while I'm some wimp, it's just like I said.

Oh well, I now await for a crappy PC port 3 years from now. Pfft.

Condemned was ported to the PC after its release on Xbox 360.

Also, the 360 version of Fear was shit.

Condemned was ported to the PC after its release on Xbox 360.

Also, the 360 version of Fear was shit.

Twas a solid port.

And you proved my point about the 360 FEAR. I'm just disappointed is all.

I'm sure it'll be ported within a year after its release.

I hope. It's just the way the question was asked and the way it was answered, they make it sound as if they have no plans whatsoever to port it.

I'm sure it'll be ported within a year after its release.

I hope so. There is no way I'll buy it for a console. I blame this on Sony's PS3.

I'm sure it will sell really well on the consoles, and that means it will be a good idea to port it, to make even more money, on a game they already spent all the money to make.

i dont rly give a shit about this game cuz now they are all ******s not making it for PC wtf?

Yes, continue to let your rage at the developers pour forth.

"OMG NOT ON PC?! ****ING SHITHEADS."

well it sure as hell doesnt help those of us who dont have a console....

i dont rly give a shit about this game cuz now they are all ******s not making it for PC wtf?

Yeah, the game was fantastic when I played it. But then they dropped the bombshell: it wasn't going to be on the PC. Naturally I had a tantrum, spat in the faces of the developers and compiled my playtest record with an estimate of 2000-2001 rude words.

Shitheads.

well it sure as hell doesnt help those of us who dont have a console....

It's not the developers' obligation to help you.

At the end of the day, these people still run a business. The original Condemned was designed as a console game, and I'm not aware of its PC port being wildly successful. If it's more economically efficient for them to focus on consoles and maybe do a port later, then that's their call to make. I realize that sucks for PC users without consoles, but treating this like some personal insult is just childish. Monolith isn't trying to figure out ways to piss you off. They do what they think is best for themselves. I wanted MGS3 to come to the Xbox, but I didn't flip my lid when they announced they had no plans for it.

The angst on display here would make sense if Monolith was witholding a PC port just to spite you. But they aren't.

It's not the developers' obligation to help you.

At the end of the day, these people still run a business. The original Condemned was designed as a console game, and I'm not aware of its PC port being wildly successful. If it's more economically efficient for them to focus on consoles and maybe do a port later, then that's their call to make. I realize that sucks for PC users without consoles, but treating this like some personal insult is just childish. Monolith isn't trying to figure out ways to piss you off. They do what they think is best for themselves. I wanted MGS3 to come to the Xbox, but I didn't flip my lid when they announced they had no plans for it.

The angst on display here would make sense if Monolith was witholding a PC port just to spite you. But they aren't.

i didnt expect someone to actually post a serious reply, im still drunjk from last night lols

I first tried Condemned on the PC when it came out. I played through it, love it to death, but never went back to it, and eventually deleted the game (shh).

Anyway, I recently picked it up for the 360 on a whim, and I must say that I genuinely like it a good deal more. The graphics are the exact same, and so is the gameplay, but god DAMN does it ever feel better to swing a butcher's knife with a controller.

I agree.

Furthermore, you got your avatar to animate! \:D/

Absinthe, perhaps you're taking this posts a bit too seriously? I'm still upset, not to the point where I hate the developers. I just use vivid words to get my point/emotion across. I can't speak for the other people.

Although it's not their obligation to develop the game for PC, would'nt you expect the sequel to appear on PC, following the original? It is sort of like a slap in a face, or pardon my language, a ****ing cock tease. A big one at that. Good day.

Absinthe, perhaps you're taking this posts a bit too seriously? I'm still upset, not to the point where I hate the developers. I just use vivid words to get my point/emotion across. I can't speak for the other people.

Although it's not their obligation to develop the game for PC, would'nt you expect the sequel to appear on PC, following the original? It is sort of like a slap in a face, or pardon my language, a ****ing cock tease. A big one at that. Good day.

And you're not the only one that feels this way. I know the first Condemned was developed for the 360, but they did port it to the PC. Why the hell not, this time?
Also I find this extremely weird considering Monolith is primarily a PCgame developer...

Absinthe, perhaps you're taking this posts a bit too seriously?

Err... I'm not the one cursing out the developers for not porting a video game. I believe your question towards me is a tad misplaced.

I understand this. All I'm saying is that calling the developers ****ers/shitheads/whatever ad nauseum is taking this decision a wee bit too personally. In the end, they want to make money. If the sales of a PC release don't make up for the time, energy, and resources that go into it, then I wouldn't bother either if I was in their shoes.

Back