Connecting a set top box to an oldschool TV

JUL3

Space Core
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect an old Philips 14GR1034/75R TV, with no AV inputs, only a port for an aerial, to a new set top box.

So is there a converter for the aerial input to AV cables? If so, where might I buy one online? I would search for myself, but I've no clue what the aerial input is called.

Cheers.

That doesn't sound anything like what he described.

Thanks Vege, that's exactly what we were after. And cheaper too. Thanks again. :)

That doesn't sound anything like what he described.

Older TVs use that type of connection for aerial antennas. I could not find a good description of the TV, so when he said older, I thought he meant Stern older :p

Well, it was in the details I guess. He said a 'port' for an aerial. I wouldn't describe those connections you referred to as a port. And The 'av inputs' part was obvious, it's really the only possible thing he could be talking about that modern TVs have that older ones don't. And the thing you linked has nothing to do with those, not to mention the issue with plurality again.

Well, it was in the details I guess. He said a 'port' for an aerial. I wouldn't describe those connections you referred to as a port. And The 'av inputs' part was obvious, it's really the only possible thing he could be talking about that modern TVs have that older ones don't. And the thing you linked has nothing to do with those, not to mention the issue with plurality again.

Yeah, in hindsight, I guess I overlooked "port".

But we all learned alot, right?

Back