Console Commands

James Isaac

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good console commands for CS:S? The only one i have heard is cl_ragdoll_collide 1.

Anyone else know any other cool ones that work? Or anything else intresting you can do with the beta?

makes ragdolls collide with each other. But default it isn't activated.

Found another cool one that makes the game that little bit nicer.

cl_c4dynamiclight 1

This makes the flash of the C4 light up all the objects in close range. It is turned off by default.

If you want these commands enabled by default, go to 'Steam\SteamApps\e-mail\counter-strike source beta\cfg', the open config.cfg and add the console lines. Remeber to backup the file first though.

Hey, cool :).

Oh, and I made a mistake in my last post. I said go to 'Steam\SteamApps\e-mail\counter-strike source beta\cfg' when it should be 'Steam\SteamApps\e-mail\counter-strike source beta\cstrike\cfg'

wats the command to make objects like your gun float by setting gravity to them sv_gravity only adds gravity to ppl.

skill, default is 1. I tried to up it to 3 but I didn't get any better. It obviously hasn't been enabled yet... :p

marty905 said:
wats the command to make objects like your gun float by setting gravity to them sv_gravity only adds gravity to ppl.
i think the source engine does not support gravity on phys objects -.-

Somebody on HL2Fallout said cl_smooth 0 makes you appear to run smoother. Although I haven't tried it out.

pixartist said:
i think the source engine does not support gravity on phys objects -.-
pythons server has really low grav for objects, it works, but i sont know the command, i had fun making the barrles fly off the map, and ive been to a server where grav was high on objects so barrels will accually give u a cover

marty905 said:

i think its phys_timescale

set it to .something(point somthing)
default its 1

It's phys_pushscale

Max, I believe, is 10. I can't be arsed to figure out the EXACT max, however. 100 to be safe.. things go flying like no tomorrow :)

no you just set sv_gravity x before you create the server. Or set it in the server.cfg beforehand.

map_background name Loads a map in the background of the main menu.

use "find x" where x can be pretty much anything in a command to look for fun commands. Or should I just post a link to the cvarlist +)

How do the impulse cheats work? They do really random stuff. I found that:

impulse 82: Tries to make a buggy, but there is no code for the buggy
impulse 101: Gives your $16,000 and full ammo
impulse 102: Spawns a skull.

Anyone know any others? Or what 'impulse 101' or whatever is supposed to mean.

Woah, i was just scrolling through the impulses, and I found these ones:

impusle 83 - tries to create airboat
impulse 81 - tried to create weapon_cubemap (what does tha mean?)
impulse 76 (I think it was that) - told me "You must restart to use Grunt-o-matic". What does that mean? Anyone know?

to make physics objects float you need to do the console command before you make the map

can someone tell me how to go in to the console???
it dont work when I use the ~ button... please help me;)

can someone tell me how to go in to the console???
it dont work when I use the ~ button... please help me:)

go to keyboard settings, click on advanced and enable console, then use that button to make it po up ;)

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_7.html

http://www.counter-script.net/index.php?id=25

Try these places for some useful stuff. As for cl_smooth, it used to be best on 0, but valve fixed it a while back meaning cl_smooth 1 was best..... however after the last couple of updates some discussion has started as to whether or not its fubar again :p

If I were you I'd use cl_smooth 1 until we get some word from valve or they fix it!

somone know how u can bind "console" i know about launching options but i realy want to bind it would be realy nice

hey does anyone know any good commands to lower your ping or make your fps go up?

Are there any commands that will allow a server admin to change the behaviour of bots? IE: Make them stop moving, or utterly shutting then off a-la ai_disable

(Yes, i've tried ai_disable, but therer appears to be no effect. Even after sv_cheats has been enabled.)

violence_agibs "1"
violence_hgibs "1"
violence_hblood "1"
violence_ablood "1"
ati_npatch 0
fog_enable_water_fog 0
net_graph 3
net_graphpos 2
fog_enable 0
gl_playermip 1
cl_showfps 0
cl_phys_props_enable 0
cl_phys_props_max 0
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0
cl_show_splashes 0
cl_pushaway_force 0
cl_allowupload "1"
cl_allowdownload "1"
cl_show_bloodsprays 0
cl_show_splashes "0"
cl_ejectbrass 0
cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"
mp_decals "0"
mat_bloom 0
mat_mipmaptextures 0
mat_fastspecular 1
mat_clipz 0
mat_bumpmap 0
mat_specular 0
mat_bufferprimitives "1"
mat_bumpbasis "0
mat_fastnobump "1"
mat_filterlightmaps "1"
mat_filtertextures "1"
mat_forceaniso "0"
mat_forcedynamic "0"
mat_loadtextures "1"
mat_picmip "2"
mat_reducefillrate "1"
mat_showwatertextures "0"
muzzleflash_light "0"
r_avglight 1
r_decals 0
r_eyeglintlodpixels 0
r_eyegloss 0
r_eyemove 0
r_eyeshift_x 0
r_eyeshift_y 0
r_eyeshift_z 0
r_eyesize 0
r_lod -1
r_propsmaxdist 1000
r_rainradius 0
r_rainsplashpercentage 0
r_rainsimulate 0
r_mmx 1
r_sse 1
r_sse2 1
r_3dnow 1
r_3dsky 0
r_shadows 1
r_modellodscale "0.1"
r_drawlights "0"
r_DispUseStaticMeshes "0"
r_waterforceexpensive "0"
r_shadowrendertotexture "0"
r_rootlod "2"
r_drawrain "0"
r_dynamic "0"
r_WaterDrawReflection "0"
r_WaterDrawRefraction "0"
budget_show_history "0"

Put this in a textfile and name it 'autoexec.cfg', put that file in Steam\SteamApps\*username*\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg
However you need to set all graphics to low, or else it will run worse than before.

And just to clarify, this has to be the beta? Do you add -counter-strike -beta to steam shortcut, or something like that?

I thought r_3dsky 0 was a cheat these days?

aswell as
r_rainsimulate 0
r_drawrain 0

I'm sure they are all classed as cheats since pretty much end of beta over 12months ago, but i could be wrong.

Back