Countdown Thread.

Xac493

Reaction score
3 more hours left(or 2 hrm..) correct me someone.

What are all ya'll doing while you wait?
I took day off today. Playing a bit of wc3 atm. Bored really.... post something entertaining to do while we wait! Oh yes, lets all go on the hl2.net beef servers... mabey admin can pword it? and we can have a gaint forum game. I'll be like 0-20, havn't played a fps in over a year(lost my hl1 cdkey and i just figured i'd wait for hl2 :)). Anyway post your thoughts and time updates.

I would probably have preloaded and will have bought the game this evening and will have played CS:S this evening if I had a credit card, and a net connection that doesn't drop every 5 mins, stopping all steam downloads (including preload).

Not a happy bunny

dun na na na
dun nananana
duh duh na na
na na na na
ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

oh geez sorry.

edit: there shouldnt be a countdown.. because in all valve likelyness , its going to be late/delayed.

I'd go to the hl2.net servers if they weren't in Europe. :p

That sucks.... get a friend to burn to cd for you? I'm giving my rents the cash and there putting it on thier card..

I make it 2 hours 40 minutes give or take.

And what am i doing while i wait? I am making a 1/8th scale replica of the Flying Scottsman from Tortellini pasta and pigeon droppings.

I'm gonna be at school :-/
Oh well. I'll get to play it in about 5 hours.

Mr. Redundant said:
dun na na na
dun nananana
duh duh na na
na na na na
ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

oh geez sorry.

arggghhh Europe! well, they did have good hair ...mr redundant: you are old, or you just like cheesy 80's hair bands (I liked them too!) :)

What!? 2h 30 min left!?!?! I thought there was like 10 h 30 min left!

trylle said:
Here's an ugly page I whipped up last night.

countdown

No fancy javascript. Just simple php.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's GMT+1 = 20:00 ?? GMT+2 would be 21:00 ... ;)

CptStern said:
arggghhh Europe! well, they did have good hair ...mr redundant: you are old, or you just like cheesy 80's hair bands (I liked them too!) :)

well if you consider 22 old, hehe.
yeah its europe.. and I only ever really listenend to that song
in fact by some strange co-incidence I was listening to it when I opened up this thread.

Dracontopes said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's GMT+1 = 20:00 ?? GMT+2 would be 21:00 ... ;)

Nope PST is GMT+ 8hours, so if its released 11am PST, thats 7pm GMT

Yeah 7pm {GMT}, so 8pm {GMT+1} and 9pm {GMT+2}, right? :S

Oh yeah sorry i see what you were saying, i misread your post.

luckily Im on PST and it is 8:34AM here, so in another 2 hours and 26 minutes exactly.

that is assuming, there is no delay and Valve actually make it available.

Mr. Redundant said:
well if you consider 22 old, hehe.
yeah its europe.. and I only ever really listenend to that song
in fact by some strange co-incidence I was listening to it when I opened up this thread.

heh when I was a teen that song was popular ..in fact my band played that song ....now lets never mention this again :E

CptStern said:
heh when I was a teen that song was popular ..in fact my band played that song ....now lets never mention this again :E
that is actually pretty cool.
what instrument do you play? (or vocals)

Man... The very fiber of my being is going to be ripped asunder by the shear excitement welling up inside me... (Some... emoticon that applies or something)

Mr. Redundant said:
dun na na na
dun nananana
duh duh na na
na na na na
ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

oh geez sorry.

edit: there shouldnt be a countdown.. because in all valve likelyness , its going to be late/delayed.

lol i couldnt resist playing that legend of a song a few hours ago. anyway.....officially.....2hrs and 15mins left!!! wohoooo

rofl if valve dont release this, even though doug himself said it would be today, then valve would have ALOT to say sorry about...and i would bomb their hq :E

wait.. were my time calculations off? It is coming out in like.. 15 minutes right.. because... yah..

Can someone please tell me what we are counting down to?

Pat - the countdown is to when you can pre-order HL2 through steam and play CS : S

Mr. Redundant said:
that is actually pretty cool.
what instrument do you play? (or vocals)

I played bass guitar ...although I havent touched it in over 10 years

HL2 and mods to be available to buy off steam. but only CSS is available to play 2nite :p

Does anyone wonder how someone can navigate these forums and still have so little information. Like.. I wonder if they just close their eyes and random click their mouse... Then... after a while.. They open their eyes and starting asking questions in whatever forum they end up in. Not only is this is a possible scenario... I'd go so far as to say its likely

CptStern said:
I played bass guitar ...although I havent touched it in over 10 years
thats awesome, my brother just recently started in on his own bass, and Im getting some cash together for a decent pair of drums (tbh though I dont reall have space for drums in my current apt.)
I have played drums for a couple months (on my friends set)
but I have wanted drums since I was a lil kid in South Africa.

I actually do close my eyes click random threads. It's the fun way to to do forum trolling. It brings suspense...

Dracontopes said:
Yeah 7pm {GMT}, so 8pm {GMT+1} and 9pm {GMT+2}, right? :S
Hell, I don't know. JohnB in this thread seemed to know his stuff, so I based my calculations (that is, that valve actually meant PDT instead of PST) on that. Daylight saving is a bitch. Still seem to get the same results as people in PST, though ;P.

Analognovelist said:
Does anyone wonder how someone can navigate these forums and still have so little information. Like.. I wonder if they just close their eyes and random click their mouse... Then... after a while.. They open their eyes and starting asking questions in whatever forum they end up in. Not only is this is a possible scenario... I'd go so far as to say its likely
lol
6charlimit

Back