Counter-Strike 2

pretz

Reaction score
hi guys, i am now waiting impatiently just like all the rest of you for this game :) so listen....ive heard many rumors that cliffe and gooseman are already coding for the sequel to CS....is any of this confirmed? they dont say much about it if it is....enlighten me

I haven't heard anything about that. Cliffe is the only one doing much with CS and it's website lately.

as far as i know gooseman is the behind the scenes guy that does all the coding....cliffe is mostly the face of CS

Yeah

Gooseman is/was working on CS2. This was confirmed by Valve a year ago or so.

Well i heard from 2-3 'reliable' news sources, that gooseman was seen at Valve's office, coding for what should be the HL2 Engine. But unless it is going to be a pro mode init, Cs will die, imo.

As far as i can see, it is oldschool HL which will rock :cool:

what about condition zero? where does that fall into play?

CS2 would be cool tho, except for the fact that all the 1337 speaking dumbasses will follow :(

Originally posted by Pajama Sam
CS2 would be cool tho, except for the fact that all the 1337 speaking dumbasses will follow :(

And maybe if they made it realistic this time around.

Hopefully they will give TF2 more room and attention instead of CS2. It already has its miljon fanbase of 14 year olds. And hopefully the old QWTF player will find a interest in TF2.

In short terms. I hope TF2 takes over :d

team fortress rocked it just lagged =( ...but it was the best mod ever untill cs actually got good in 1.2 retail

I can't wait to see Day of Defeat on the HL2 Engine. Could prove to be one of the most realistic World War Two experiences with the new graphics and physics system!

I can see it now, you take cover behind some concrete only to have it blown to bits by a nearby grenade.. :bounce:

CS2 and TF2

I have a feeling that HL2s multiplayer might consist of TF2 and CS2, they want to give people the most reasons to buy HL2. By packing all of those cool things into the box tons of people who only play HL for CS or TF will buy HL2 even if they don't want to play the Single Player game (which would be moronic). I bet it's not going to happen but it sure would be cool. Oh well HL2 is going to be the best game ever no matter what! I can't wait!

Re: CS2 and TF2

Originally posted by iancheshire
I have a feeling that HL2s multiplayer might consist of TF2 and CS2, they want to give people the most reasons to buy HL2. By packing all of those cool things into the box tons of people who only play HL for CS or TF will buy HL2 even if they don't want to play the Single Player game (which would be moronic). I bet it's not going to happen but it sure would be cool. Oh well HL2 is going to be the best game ever no matter what! I can't wait!

I share your excitement mate! TF2 and CS2 would just add to the awesomeness :D :D

Yes lets play TF2 in the year 2010 !
I cant wait until they realese it !!!!!!

I am wanting TF2....

But in anycase seeing the HL2 engine I would love to just see a CS 2 with the pysics of things... be alot more fun than current CS and hopefully alot more faster :)

TF2 would be great, as well as firearms 2, but i'm a bit iffy about DoD2 - DoD is no matter what ppl say, arcade and not team based.

CS2 - god help us all. That is probably one of the worst made mods ever. You lot don't know how much hate i have for it.

Stick to dod/fa/tfc or anything else.

If Counter-Strike 2 will be cheat free, I might play it.
But, lets just hope that the community will be better.

Unfortuntly no game will ever be cheat free :hmph: Not yet anyway :)

being cheat free is as impossible as making a "perfect" game....someone will always find something wrong with it, and humanity will never be totally satisfied

why do so many people think CS is a bad mod.....you might have played your addiction to death, that doesnt take away from it being entertaining and enjoyable

CS is a great game/mod. well designed and made. you call it crap now because the genere that it created is now overplayed and hackz are far too common.

I read somewhere that after HL2 is released Valve will rework all the old mods..i am looking for a link now..damn

CS is a great game/mod. well designed and made. you call it crap now because the genere that it created is now overplayed and hackz are far too common.

So wasn't cs only like a BAD attempt of making HL into like rainbow six (if it where relseaded) and all the games before it?
The first versions weren't that great :p
Oh and as someone said, CS2 is pretty much confirmed.
In an intervue like one and a half year ago in a Swedish magazine Gooseman stated that he was working on a sequel, and this was after cs:CZ was announced, so it has to be another game.

I was addicted, yea, but then post V1.0 it started turning really crap, I'm worried that DoD might turn out the same.

What really got on my cake was that everyone claimed that it was a realism team-based game, when it's arcade as hell. Come to think about it, no HL mod is true realism (ironsights etc)...

Personally, i would like to see a total realism version of CS....hmmm....maybe i'll make that one day....

Well battlegrounds mod is pretty realistic.
We have done some heavy research and have historically accurate maps and classes, upcoming releases will have iron-sights.
We are still only on release 1.1 so it's still early, but realism plays an important role in the mod.

Originally posted by AndersJ
So wasn't cs only like a BAD attempt of making HL into like rainbow six (if it where relseaded) and all the games before it?
The first versions weren't that great :p
my god, hes right, lol!!

Yeah counter-strike is shit. It's arcade because it's not totally realistic and it's so crap that no-one plays it. Oh wait actually it's the most popular online game there is. Oh

he cs wuold be even better with a proper engine and no people with 30 gigs config files

but whatever happens, most likely there will be a new mod that walks down the path of cs.

well there are several options:

1) They'll do it the same way as with hl1, they'll release hl2 first then make tf2 as a free mod later, same for cs2, and then make retail versions of those mods that are a great success.

2) They'll publish hl2, then they'll publish cs2 and tf2 as stand-alone games. (or only the mods, but the result will be that you have to buy them all seperatly)

3) They'll use their new system called Steam, which means pay per download. They'll just put the mods on steam and u can download them for a price.

4)....... whatever they have in mind that we don't know :)

I'm not sure about all of them, the first one seems very unlikely because they would miss quite some money. The second one is pretty likely, but that would mean that it will take a while before cs2 and tf2 will be available. And the 3rd option is a bit strange because it would eliminate all non-broadband users.

my 2 cents :)

Counter strike 2 is getting so boring.. a better replacement would be a proper conversion of action quake (from quake2).. sort of like counter strike but with bleeding, better weapons and more fun :cheers:

counter strike was amazingly addictive and had some great
gameplay ideas when it came out that still stand up today.
I think counter strike 2 would have tonnes of potential.
consider bomb targets that actually have to be destroyed and
depend on real world physics to destroy them. Instead of planting
a bomb at some arbitrary bomb site, there'd be an object to destroy
by driving car bombs to it, or firing rockets at it or planting bombs
on it (i know, these aren't really varied ideas but use your own
imagination..). With huge environments and a close to real world, goals can have more depth than either going through the door or
the window. In addition you could have much more interesting
tools and items. Think about a bunch of CT's using grappling hooks to scale a wall and some terrorist throws a grenade that
sends them flaying around in the air...
With the refined gameplay and fun of counterstrike plus the
added bonuses of source plus its already enormous base,
counterstrike 2 could easily keep its title as one of the best available
mods for any game.

Back