Counter-Strike 2

Deacon

Reaction score
Ive been thinking alot about counter-strike condition zero n why valve stop making it and give it to another company
now that we have heard about the realease of hl2 and seen how amzing it looks it seems to me that valve might make counter-strike 2 which would over run condition zero because of its graphics and the tech it would have anyways just athought tell me what you think. :bounce:

Valve still has control of it. It started out as a Valve/Gearbox game then it went to a Valve/Ritual game and that is where it is now. It is coming out this summer (or so they say..... again):afro: but Valve still oversee's the project.... you know cause counter-strike is valve's games and they wouldnt want another company making mucho money with their tyep of game would ya :bounce:

and Ritual is using an updated HL1 engine because a lot of CS'ers stilll have low-end computers, one of the highs of CS. SO if they moved to Source they would be leaving a lot of the community behind and forcing them to spend more than 50 bucks to play condition zero

Originally posted by SpuD
screw the low end ****ers

Agree. I hate people who slow down progress of evolution. But not everybody has $500 do spend on the new computer every 5 months. So this why Valve adds to the Source a reducing function.

i think Valve has converted CS:CZ to the Source engine....The release date for CZ is 7th of September...and why the hell would they release it just a few weeks before HL2...no one will buy it when HL2 is so close. And we all know Valve is full of surprises ;)

CZ has got to be compatible with CS mod/retail version tho :/

I say it again, IMO CS2 won't be that big deal, DoD2 will be.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Agree. I hate people who slow down progress of evolution. But not everybody has $500 do spend on the new computer every 5 months. So this why Valve adds to the Source a reducing function.

I've not bought any upgrades (besides a new hard drive) for my computer in about a year and it'll run HL2 with little lag, from what I hear...

AMD Athlon XP 1900+ - 1.6GHz
512MB DDR PC2100RAM
GeForce 3 Ti200 Vid Card

And even though it doesn't affect gameplay....

120GB Hard Drive I just got ($60!) and a 40GB = 160GB hard drive space.

screw the low end ****ers

Ummm, if you did that then they would switch to consoles, which is not a good thing for the those PC goers with the top of the line PC's

Back