Counter-Strike: Global Offensive delayed until Summer

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
This is ValveTime.net, so you can expect to see a few news stories about game delays. But because this is Valve we're talking about, delays are only beneficial to us fans (except in Half-Life 3's case).​

Speaking with Kotaku, Doug Lombardi said that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is going to miss it's early 2012 release date, and will be shooting for this Summer.

Visit www.counter-strike.net for official information and updates about the game.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 25,692
I don't remember anyone saying it was going to be released in "Early 2012", I just remember people guessing that.

Oh well, I have Beta access regardless! :D

Anyone else hoping this is so it can be packaged with Half Life 3 in something like "Orange Box 2?"

Anyone else hoping this is so it can be packaged with Half Life 3 in something like "Orange Box 2?"
As nice as that would be I really can't see Valve announcing Half-Life 3 just a few months before release. It's gonna have a massive hype train when it comes round.

I'm gonna try play more CS:GO, I did quite enjoy it when I played for 10 minutes last night.

I guess its because it looks like shit. They need to rebuild all the art work.

Although I wouldn't say it "looks like shit" like the last guy. I will say I was expecting a larger jump forward in the graphics for a new title. When you look at games like BF3, it's hard to be impressed by the CS:GO graphics. But in the end, graphics do not make a good game.. but it nice to have ontop of a good game. Now I just need someone to send me a beta invite, since I don't want to wait until summer... :)

I think this will be common in all Valve's games. As we know from when they developed Half-Life 2, it wasn't very long, if any time at all, before other engines started wiping the floor with Source and have continued to. But we have to remember that Valve like to make their games run on as low powered hardware as possible and I'm sure that's some of the desire for CS:GO.

Whether or not that's just a poor excuse for an outdated game engine, I don't know :) I personally still think Source looks very good, but it is getting pretty dated these days.

As nice as that would be I really can't see Valve announcing Half-Life 3 just a few months before release. It's gonna have a massive hype train when it comes round.

I'm gonna try play more CS:GO, I did quite enjoy it when I played for 10 minutes last night.
Yeah but thats why CS:GO will be delayed yet again until Christmas 2012, which will be the HL3 release date!

I read somewhere they are releasing more keys. How would I go about getting into this beta?

From the official CS website's FAQ:

Q) How can I get into the beta?
A) Fill out our online survey. You need Steam for the survey. Since part of the survey is about hardware, you should use the computer you play on to fill out the survey.

Because standard link insertion function insists on adding 'http://' before every link, the link must be opened from within the website.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/facts/

Edit: [steam]steam://takesurvey/2[/steam]

Move along, nothing to see here. Just testing something...

[steam]steam://takesurvey/2[/steam]

Ok guys, as you can probably tell from above, Steam links now work. Unfortunately to use them you have to use the BB Code. It works very much like URL tags. They aren't parsed automatically (yet) you have to manually do the tags:

Option 1: [steam]steam://takesurvey/2[/steam]

Option 2: [steam=steam://takesurvey/2]Insert Text Here[/steam]

Code:
Option 1: [steam]steam://takesurvey/2[/steam]

Option 2: [steam=steam://takesurvey/2]Insert Text Here[/steam]

Speaking with Kotaku, Doug Lombardi said that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is going to miss it's early 2012 release date, and will be shooting for this Summer.
Sorry to be that guy.

Anyhow, I look forward to CS: GO. It will definitely rekindle an old flame.

Back