Counter-Strike: Global Offensive "Pick'Em Challenge" Revealed

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
As part of the build-up to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive championship at ESL One Cologne 2014, Valve have revealed the "Pick'Em Challenge", a new mini-game focused on a number of stickers introduced in a game update earlier today.

PickEm.PNG

The ultimate goal of the Pick'Em Challenge is simple: Correctly predict the winning teams at Cologne 2014. By collecting team stickers from the ESL One Cologne 2014 Sticker Capsule or the Steam Marketplace, players can use them to predict which teams they feel will win each stage of the event. As the tournament progresses and becomes more difficult to predict, the point value awarded for each correct prediction steadily rises from 3 points for the Group Stages, to 6 points for the Quarterfinals, and 8 points for the Semi and Grand Finals.

Points can then be compared against those of your friends using in-game leaderboards before the final scores are tallied and Challenge Trophies are handed out to participating players at the end of the tournament. Pick'Em Challenge Trophies will be viewable on a player's CS:GO avatar and their Steam Profile (much like crafted game badges), and can be collected in three different varieties, Bronze, Silver, and Gold, which are obtained by scoring a total of 25, 50, or 75 points, respectively.

PickEmTrophy.PNG

While the Pick'Em Challenge is a totally new system currently unique to CS:GO, its design is very reminiscent of voting features contained within the 2013 and 2014 Compendiums for Dota 2's International tournament. The Pick'Em Challenge will run throughout the four day ESL One Cologne 2014 event, which begins on August 14th and concludes with the Semi and Grand Finals on August 17th.

Will me and other people will be able to see the badge ingame? like the Operation Breakout badge, 5 years veteran badge, pheonix etc?

Will me and other people will be able to see the badge ingame? like the Operation Breakout badge, 5 years veteran badge, pheonix etc?
Yeah, and it'll also be available as a Steam Badge on your public profile.

Yeah, and it'll also be available as a Steam Badge on your public profile.
I mean, when people will press TAB will it be next to me game? because it says it's like crafted badges, and they are not next to your nick when pressing TAB.

I mean, when people will press TAB will it be next to me game? because it says it's like crafted badges, and they are not next to your nick when pressing TAB.
The bit about "crafted badges" relates to Steam Game Badges, which you craft by putting together a full card set. The badge can also be displayed on your CS:GO profile, as I mentioned.

Last question, can you please explain more about the 1 point you get each day? I got one yesterday, but not today, and I have tried to cancle a stciker and re-apply it

Last question, can you please explain more about the 1 point you get each day? I got one yesterday, but not today, and I have tried to cancle a stciker and re-apply it
I think you get 1 point just for entering.

Back