Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - The Arms Deal Update

Pikminiman

Assistant Writer
Reaction score
Earlier today, a new blog post was added to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive blog announcing the brand new Arms Deal Update, which is meant to simulate, to a degree, the black market of weapons.

The first main tenet of the update is the introduction of an item drop system, similar in design to Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2. When playing on officially verified Valve or community series, players will be provided weapons, items, and cases through timed drops during and at the end of matches. The drop system has been implemented to support the new eSports Weapon Cases, which function similarly to the crates of Team Fortress 2 and the chests of Dota 2.

The new cases will serve as a way for the community to support the CS:GO competitive gaming scene, as a portion of the proceeds from purchasing keys to unlock Cases will help fund prize pools at future CS:GO eSporting events. Once opened, purchased Weapon Cases will grant buyers themed weapon finishes and custom skins, making their weapons visually distinct. The "CS:GO" series of cases is the first to arrive.

slide-jpg.24391

Fans of the original Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source might be happy to know that the Arms Deal Update also brings two old fan favorite weapons to CS:GO, namely the Silenced M4A1 and the Silenced UPS Pistol. Both provide less recoil, better accuracy, and less noise than their non-silenced counterparts at the cost of clip size.

Finally, the update brings with it a feature that Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 players have enjoyed for a while now: kill tracking weapons. The new feature allows weapons with "StatTrak" modules, available only via case drops, to keep track of every kill obtained with that weapon.

Additionally, the update arrived with news that, in the future, players will be able to upload custom weapon finishes and knife models to the CS:GO Workshop, with the most popular community skins having a shot at being included in future official CS:GO updates.

For more information on the Arms Deal Update, head on over to the original blog post, the announcement page, and the Arms Deal FAQ page.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 29,281
im sure there will be wannabe pros raging, but I like this update a lot. We get cool weapons, and Valve has something in csgo which makes money so they can continue to add much more content. And Im so happy that csgo didnt become F2P.

Cool update. I'm probably the only person in the world who wouldn't mind hats in CSGO one day.

I'm a bit surprised Valve is allowing add on weapons as this cs has a had a more ridged model. Though i'm still happy they have implemented the an items system in the game. Silenced weapons is a nice touch too!

people who rage about this just are fanboys or think one-sided.

And silenced weapons were in CS 1.6 and CS: Source already, good that they finally added them

I guess valve is making a LOT of money with this microtransactions things, the worst part is that there is nothing to hate because it doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

Anyone gotten any drops yet? Gotta stop addicting to world of Autism Craft and play a bit of GO.

Back