Counter Strike old map

timech187

Reaction score
I remember playing Counter Strike when it first came out. I played a map with a bridge in it where the Counter-Terrorists had to cross to go around the corner and try to go into the terrorist lair, like a garage with vehicles and rooms.

What was the name of this map? Was it Bridge? Bah, can't remember. I loved that map. It was my favorite through the first several builds of CS.

Is it included with CS:Source?

Timech187

definately cs:seige, and no they havent included it in cs:s. just like they didnt include dozens of classic and awesome maps like they should have....ill stop now.

dozens? Name 12 official CS maps that are missing.

Pi Mu Rho said:

lol, really. It really annoys me how so many people bash a great game, but w/e. I'm sure most of the other old maps will be re-vamped and included in some update. I can't wait to play some of the 1.6 maps.

well, first of all there's the maps in cs1.6 that didn't make it
1. prodigy
2. nuke
3. train
4. militia
5. inferno
6. assault

Then there's the rockworld map we never got
7. rockworld

and then all the new cz maps
8. downed
9. airstrip
10. fastline
11. stadium
12. tides
13. torn

...Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[edit] note that 3, at one time 4 of the cs 1.6 maps i listed are currently in rotation in CAL. Just shows how much Valve cares about competitive gaming on the source engine...

The first 6 are valid, the others aren't.

I said 12 official CS maps.

Personally I wish they'd bring back the original cs_alley...

My point is - there aren't "dozens" of maps that Valve omitted.

Guinny just likes to find fault with CS:S

Gotta keep in mind that set of "official" maps changed with each patch. So maybe guinny thinks some of the older maps that were official at one point should be updated.

If they were, he'd still find some way to complain about them.

Pi Mu Rho said:
The first 6 are valid, the others aren't.

I said 12 official CS maps.

I know I know, but cs:s without custom maps doesn't have much variety in the maps, especially for long-time cs players.

Why they didn't convert the cz maps is beyond me.

anyone know when the first update will most likely come out??

Pi Mu Rho said:

cs_militia
cs_assault
de_inferno
de_survivor
cs_747
cs_backalley
cs_siege
as_oilrig
de_vegas
de_nuke
de_train
de_prodigy
cs_estate

bakers dozen. for good measure.

lets not forget:

de_torn
de_storm
de_airstrip

guinny said:
cs_militia
cs_assault
de_inferno
de_survivor
cs_747
cs_backalley
cs_siege
as_oilrig
de_vegas
de_nuke
de_train
de_prodigy
cs_estate

lets not forget:

de_torn
de_storm
de_airstrip

I'm waiting for backalley, seige, train and prodigy

Pi Mu Rho said:
My point is - there aren't "dozens" of maps that Valve omitted.

Guinny just likes to find fault with CS:S

blahblah

guinny said:
cs_militia
cs_assault
de_inferno
de_survivor
cs_747
cs_backalley
cs_siege
as_oilrig
de_vegas
de_nuke
de_train
de_prodigy
cs_estate

lets not forget:

de_torn
de_storm
de_airstrip

Ooooh, he's a sharp one ;)

I would personally like to see militia, nuke, assault and prodigy back :( - However, I'm sure (well, I hope) that Valve will release more maps as they update it, but I'm sure they were just eager to get it out the door, and you must keep in mind the dev. time for CS:S was actually very short.

Here's a list of just the maps that were added through beta 6.5 (I would go up to retail CS 1.6, but I thought this would be enough)... and were later removed (but I still have all of them). Here they are, in a rough order of the versions in which they were added:

cs_mansion
cs_siege
cs_wpndepot
cs_prison
cs_assault
cs_desert
cs_alley1
cs_bunker
cs_docks
cs_facility
cs_zoption
cs_hideout
cs_militia
cs_tire
cs_ship
cs_station
de_nuke
de_prodigy
de_train
cs_backalley
cs_iraq
cs_747
as_oilrig
as_riverside
de_fang
de_railroad
es_frantic
es_jail
as_forest
as_tundra
cs_estate
es_trinity
as_riverside

That list alone is almost 3 dozen formerly official CS maps that aren't included... and there are still quite a few more that I left out.

OCybrManO said:
Here's a list of just the maps that were added through beta 6.5 (I would go up to retail CS 1.6, but I thought this would be enough)... and were later removed (but I still have all of them):

cs_mansion
cs_siege
cs_wpndepot
cs_prison
cs_assault
cs_desert
cs_alley1
cs_bunker
cs_docks
cs_facility
cs_zoption
cs_hideout
cs_militia
cs_tire
cs_ship
cs_station
de_nuke
de_prodigy
de_train
cs_backalley
cs_iraq
cs_747
as_oilrig
as_riverside
de_fang
de_railroad
es_frantic
es_jail
as_forest
as_tundra
cs_estate
es_trinity
as_riverside

That list alone is almost 3 dozen formerly official CS maps that aren't included... and there are still quite a few more that I left out.
Facility won't be returning. I asked Cliffe ;(

I wish they's bring back !!arabstreets!! and docks and assault and siege and vegas and tundra and foption and 747 and backalley

siege wasn't in CS from the start...

Up until 1.6, cs_siege was the only remaining map from beta 1 of CS (it included cs_mansion, cs_prison, cs_siege and cs_wpndepot). Now, its streak has come to an end. It was the first CS map I ever played. I'll miss it... well, until someone remakes it for CS:S.

I guarentee they will release more soon.. They wouldnt keep all the greats hidden..

appead us valve, give more maps!

Thank you! People who appreciate cs_siege!

Best map of alltime (all the new kids don't like it because they just jumped on the cs train when it went out of beta). I played the VERY first beta, got sick of it (there were a LOt of bugs...I remember back when you could change your name to talk to the people who were alive, and at one point you could see the other ghosts flying around...not quite sure what versions those were).

Then I picked back up at beta 6.3 (i believe? it was the one right before they added the arctic dude) and I still play it to this day, though not as much as I used to.

I would play siege every day if I could, but back then there were many more servers playing it. Today its all dust2 (not a bad map at all, just not as good as siege :p).

And thanks Ocybrmano, if no one had done that I'd be wasting my time looking through the maps folder :)

InFeRnO said:
Best map of alltime (all the new kids don't like it because they just jumped on the cs train when it went out of beta). I played the VERY first beta, got sick of it (there were a LOt of bugs...I remember back when you could change your name to talk to the people who were alive, and at one point you could see the other ghosts flying around...not quite sure what versions those were).
Does anyone remember when dead people could still activate triggers? I loved screwing around with the living people by making the elevator go up and down in as_oilrig, making splashing sounds by flying in and out of the water on cs_docks, and opening random doors in cs_siege (especially when it got down to the last two living players).

damnit my brother in law came down on the weekend and we were staying up all night playing CS:S (both of us enjoying the shit outta it, and both of us hate cs hehe)

and we both were like "man I wish that Goldeneye map was in here like it was in old CS"

good old facility... hopefuly some cool mapper dude redoes it for us.

i think some mod should do a Goldeneye Hl2 mod. MP of course. :)

Looking at the maplist, i'd like to see these maps again in CS:S

cs_mansion (the original of cource :LOL: )
cs_assault
cs_facility
cs_militia
de_nuke
de_train
de_prodigy
as_tundra

I cant even remember what some of these maps looked like anymore.. ;( . Altough cs_alley1 was pretty bad, so i dont want to see that map in CS:S :eek:

yes, siege :)

Thanks for answering my question! I loved that map, my favorite one to play. It was a simple map back then. Sometimes simple is best in my book. They started to add to it later on with other CS builds, and that was pretty cool.

Just glad I am not the only one who liked it that much :).

It's maps like that and 2Fort in TFC that made online gaming fun. I remember how the snipers would sit back at either side of the canyon in cs_siege waiting for me to pop my head out...then BAM! I'm a ghost.

Thanks again :).

Timech187

cs_foption was great aswell. cs_docks already made one comeback maybe it can try again in source :)

I miss the old days :p

82ross said:
cs_foption was great aswell. cs_docks already made one comeback maybe it can try again in source :)

I miss the old days :p

Me too :E :O :( ;(

Pi Mu Rho said:

assault
militia
siege
oilrig
tundra
nuke
prodigy
survivor
desert
docks
inferno
backalley
vegas
train
mansion
estate
bunker
riverside
rotterdam
arabstreets
railroad
iraq
zoption
tire
station
forest
wpndepot
fang
ship
facility
bank

(+ 3 escape maps)

all those maps are better than all of the CS:S maps

hm... i agree that Valve really does need to bring back some of the old maps.. some aren't even old.. they just weren't chosen to bring back :(

i had forgotten about torn and vertigo.. storm was pretty good except that i always experienced an fps drop on that map all the time for some reason.

ah yes torn vertigo and storm, forgot them, that makes 38 maps left out, now imagine how cool cs would be if it had 47 maps.

Back