Counter-Strike: Source Beta Update Fixes Major Bugs, Annoyances

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
For those following Hidden Path Entertainment's excellent work on hit Steam game Counter-Strike: Source, and the subsequent splitting of the game for bug fixing reasons, you will all be glad to know that another major update has been released for the beta version of the game.[br]There are so many changes that long-time CSS players have been waiting for, so here are a few highlights:[br]
  • Fixed a bug where the player crouching/standing animations were delayed until after (from the player's local viewpoint).
  • Fixed animation problem caused by aborting bomb plant by switching weapons (“crab walk”).
  • Crosshairs now have customizable size, thickness, and color
  • Fixed inverted translucency preview on crosshair configuration panel. (This, while only minor, causes a lot of inconvenience for newer players).
  • Fixed a bug which allowed players to move the bomb with +use when sv_turbophysics was enabled. (No more CT's throwing the bomb into a corner!)
  • Fixed FoV on wide-screen display modes. (I assume this also fixes an exploit that some people used to look through walls).
  • Fixed the Buy Menu not taking into account the discounted price for Kevlar + Helmet if you already have Kevlar (not damaged) or a Helmet. (incredibly useful for scrims, where money is a priority).
  • Made smoke grenades block flashbangs.
  • Reduced blindness amount when looking away from a flashbang.
  • Fixed cases where flashbang was not visible but still blinded the player.
Of course, some of these changes are what some would consider more potentially damaging than others (e.g. the flashbang changes). However, Hidden Path are deliberately using the beta to test larger gameplay changes, before setting them loose on the base game.[br]It's all very exciting stuff. For the full list of changes, click here to go to the news post.

Glad that they're still focusing on improving old games

tried playing this the other day after a year and all i could find were 24/7 dust 2 servers.

:(

Wow, I thought the improvements they were making were minor, and most engine fixes, but that's definitely good to hear.

Back