Counter-Strike: Source in Seoul, Korea!

Axyon

Reaction score
Forum member nadomola has had the chance to visit the Counter-Strike: Source presentation by Valve in Seoul, South Korea. While no new information about the game was obtained, he did manage to play on the revamped version of de_dust2, and even managed to secure a few (blurry) shots of play:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

The game is shaping up nicely, but nadomola also reports that it is still in a quite unfinished state, so there were missing animations, weapon models and a lack of Terrorist and Counter Terrorist player models present. To view all of his thoughts and opinions on the presentation, be sure the visit the thread in our forums here.

Update: The Nari Counter-Strike community was also there at the presentation, and managed to take a number of shots of the game in action, plus two videos that span about 23 minutes. Be sure to check them out here.

Unfortunately, no thumbnails at the moment, because the image uploading system is pissing around. Try to get them added later.

Dunno if it's just the lack of quality, but they look far nicer than the other ones we've been seing lately.

Awsome & Gorgeous.

Lowquality but perfect.

Looks like cs with better graphics.

I can't read that link, but I appear to be downloading a 50 mb vid o_O

Nice pics too..

Varsity said:
Dunno if it's just the lack of quality, but they look far nicer than the other ones we've been seing lately.

I agree, those are some of the best screenshots we've seen..

Looks pretty cool though, i'm not a CS fan, but de_dust en de_dust2 look nice to walk in the Source engine :)
But I doubt they have changed anything to the game's general feel.

HybridM said:
Funny thing that, because it IS CS with better graphics.

Yeah! Listen to HybridM! He rox my world.

HOLY MAN AM I EXCITED TO SEE COUNTERSTRIKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THE "DEFINITIVE HL2 SOURCE" WEBSITE! WEEE!! :thumbs:

;(

:p Well CS:S Will be overloaded when it comes out it will lagg ass. All boy's and girl's will go wild and they will scream cs:s R0kZ0r 0wnZ.?

did any 1 else see the net graph in 1 of the vids when the guy was in the water on aztec his fps went from 80 to 40 and they supposed to be playing on meaty computers

looks like they improved the weapon models.. saw the videos

CS is the most boring and old game i've ever seen, the source overhaul just makes it playable again for the current graphical situation in games. i deny that i won't play CS, but its just that the concept is too old for modern uses. half life 2 on the other hand, is just a whole different thing. i love this physics system, and i anticipate that this will make me playing with this stuff for weeks, without finishing level 1... thats what i call fun in playing games. i don't need that boring terrorist-win shidazzle...its just something too deep to explain...

*watches videos*

OMG! Koreans are f*cking annoying. I got so annoyed that I didn't even care about the stupid Counter Strike Source movie, I turned it off. Thank God I speak English, the most beautiful language on earth (in my opinion.) Everything in English flows so nicely, it's not irritating to listen to, Korean makes me want to rip my ears off. :O

Moto-x_Pat said:
*watches videos*

OMG! Koreans are f*cking annoying. I got so annoyed that I didn't even care about the stupid Counter Strike Source movie, I turned it off. Thank God I speak English, the most beautiful language on earth (in my opinion.) Everything in English flows so nicely, it's not irritating to listen to, Korean makes me want to rip my ears off. :O
LOL yea!!! I was watching the vids with my friends and we were like "UHHHH TURN THIS THING OFF FFS!!!! MY EARSSS!!!!" :p

If I were born there and had to hear and speak that annoying crap every day, I'd rather be deaf and mute.

Moto-x_Pat said:
If I were born there and had to hear and speak that annoying crap every day, I'd rather be deaf and mute.

No you wouldn't you bigot. Grow up.

InFeRnO said:
No you wouldn't you bigot. Grow up.

Just because I think their language is annoying doesn't mean I'm a bigot. STFU. I'm used to hearing English everyday and their language annoys the hell out of me. I have absolutely no problem with them from a racial standpoint. You know absolutely nothing about me as a person. How can you come in and label me as a bigot based on my personal thoughts about how annoying their LANGUAGE is? I have no problems with them, my neighbors are Korean. I just think their language is annoying. My above comment was an exaggeration. If you took it seriously, then it sucks that you are that stupid.

Pendragon said:
Stay civil, both of you.

Sure thing Pen. I am not one to completely freak out and go insane anyway. I don't like false accusations though, they make me get mad. :cheers:

Pendragon said:
Understandably so - nobody likes racism, and few people tolerate being accused of it. Let's solve both problems and not have any. Everybody wins! :)

Yay! Pepto Bismal!

I read an interview with a guy's impression on cs:s in korea, he didn't sound too impressed. I'm not overly impressed by it either...Apart from physics, what could cs:s possibly have to offer amongst games like ut2004? It just looks like another way for valve to make money to me. I'm not saying it's bad that it's coming out, I'd love to play cs:s and get a nice graphics upgrade with it, but I sure hope there's something more than that to keep me interested.

Kazuki, I don't know why people are acting the way they are, CS:S was never promised to be an entirely new game. It was promised to be a port of Counter-Strike to the Source engine, nothing more. So far as we've seen, that's what it's exactly succeeded in doing..

huh? it isn't free!... i heard gabe say it! it will be SOLD...and i can get mad about it again...the slimey, ignorant moneystealers.

Yes, CS Source will be free.

And MastahFrag, do you ever have anything positive to say?

CS:source WONT be free....it will be in the collecters edition with dod and hl1 at a higher price, or you can buy it seperatly.

My apologies good sir.

I believe i was mixed up with being able to buy it seperatly without half life 2.

Damn it'll take 2 hours to download a 50mb video file on that slow korean server. Is there anywhere else we can get these movie files from?

Cheers.

Kazuki_Fuse said:
I read an interview with a guy's impression on cs:s in korea, he didn't sound too impressed. I'm not overly impressed by it either...Apart from physics, what could cs:s possibly have to offer amongst games like ut2004? It just looks like another way for valve to make money to me. I'm not saying it's bad that it's coming out, I'd love to play cs:s and get a nice graphics upgrade with it, but I sure hope there's something more than that to keep me interested.
I love how you compare it to a game that's been rehashed itself (I'm not putting it down, I love it, but it's the just the principle that's funny).

Back