countering doom 3

guise

Reaction score
do u think valve will do anything to divert peoples attention from doom 3 come early august?

i.e. release binks (fingers crossed :upstare: )

the new flashlight shot came out the day it was announced doom 3 was gold right?

Binks, report on CS:S's Beta Source Engine.

Some_God said:
I was thinking there was no competition... :(
That's like saying that there's a "friendly" football match between England and France.
Well, it would be cool if they maybe released some binks *hint hint, VALVe, hint hint, cough cough*

A picture of a flashlight hardly contends with "Doom 3 has gone gold!!!" Sorry. Oh, and few videos can't contend with actually playing Doom 3.

oh crap i forgot about the cs:s beta thats coming at the end of the month. but thats only for cz owners

i think well at the very least gets some decent new screen shots

Yeah the binks would definatly be needed ... by me.

What about the beta?? CS:S beta coming at the end of this month so instead of buying DOOM3 Valve wants us to spend our money on CZ so we can all play CS:S beta instead of DOOM3! :)

guise said:
oh crap i forgot about the cs:s beta thats coming at the end of the month. but thats only for cz owners

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIINKSSSSSS!

guise said:

I'm sure there will be thousands of CS:S screenshots all over the web/this forum once everyone gets their hands on the CS:S beta..

but of course, you were talking about HL2 screenshots

Play4Fun said:
What about the beta?? CS:S beta coming at the end of this month so instead of buying DOOM3 Valve wants us to spend our money on CZ so we can all play CS:S beta instead of DOOM3! :)

Play4Fun - just had to comment on your picture - I have a couple of those at home - little Franks! Short face = very long tongue!

I think they will release binks and maybe some new screenies etc, not to get people of off DOOM3( nothing short of releasing HL2 will do that) but to make sure that that we are still thinking about HL2 while we're not playing D3.

brink's said:
I think they will release binks and maybe some new screenies etc, not to get people of off DOOM3( nothing short of releasing HL2 will do that) but to make sure that that we are still thinking about HL2 while we're not playing D3.
Yeeees, that's it... overstimulate me... :D

Yeah, I can't very well play that if I'm playing Doom III now can I?!

theres no competition here :p
both games are gonna do well regardless of when they are released.

Dr. Freeman said:
theres no competition here :p
both games are gonna do well regardless of when they are released.

I agree there :cheers: , the only competition is gonna come from fanboy banter :rolleyes:

I dont know :p, some people feel the inherent impulse to compare fps games,, you know,, like guys compare the size of their meat and two vedge, lol.

Cliche, but in this case they cant do that,, :hmph: so.... they compare 2 completely different Fps games, :rolleyes:

back on track...,, HL2 is so gonna OwnZ!, loLs,

seriously, theres no competition they will both be great :D

Both games will be awesome, but let's face it, when I get my hands on Doom 3 I wont give a flying crap about some hi res versions of a video I've already seen.

iamaelephant said:
Both games will be awesome, but let's face it, when I get my hands on Doom 3 I wont give a flying crap about some hi res versions of a video I've already seen.

if your a hardcore HL2 fan you will ;)

I've got $100 dollars. If Doom 3 arrives first I buy it and worry about HL2 later (hopefully when it drops in price).

wtf..? :dozey: what are all you guys signing upto a HL2 forum for..? to see who wins a race?

where have all the true HL2 fans gone :(

iamaelephant said:

Hmm, for the first time we agree.

Me too, the binks would be GOOD if the release it within THIS month. In august, I have good ol' D3 to play, so binks then would be meh..

Chadda said:
I've got $100 dollars. If Doom 3 arrives first I buy it and worry about HL2 later (hopefully when it drops in price).
Doesn't 100 bucks pretty much cover them both? Just have to get money for tax...

They'll be too busy playing Doom III to release anything. They will get hooked and won't even have time to finish HL2. What a disaster! We must prevent it: everyone go to the nearest gaming store and buy all the copies of Doom III. They must never get into the hands of Valve!

I'd say after farcry and this Doom1 remake people will be dieing for a game that really has a story!, and true charactor interaction.

Ashbery76 said:
I'd say after farcry and this Doom1 remake people will be dieing for a game that really has a story!, and true charactor interaction.

Which all Doom III has. :)

Letters said:
Doesn't 100 bucks pretty much cover them both? Just have to get money for tax...

In the US yes...I'm in Australia :(...we also have to wait longer for release so you Yanks should count yourselves lucky :p

I have saved my arse off for either Doom 3 or HL2 - (I'm a big fan of both). I always said I will buy whatever comes first and worry about the other later...that's the downside of not having heaps of cash.

I feel your pain Chadda, I live in NZ and games here are $100 too :(

I desperately want an 9800 pro before Doom3 hits shelves but the odds are pretty slim, still $400.

VALVe aren't little kids.
They know it's better for the industry if more excpected games will become gold.
They don't care D3 is out becuase they know perfectly fine ppl will buy half life 2 even with d3 out...
I like CS but hey im not gonna buy a stupid game such as CZ to play a source edition hey im goona save for d3 and hl2.

We've had FarCry which was a very good game and stunning looking. And very soon we'll have Doom 3 to play - which will keep us ticking along nicely until HL2 :cheers: ....these are indeed great times to be a gamer!

Still wouldnt mind the Binks tho...Come on Valve - how much effort would it take to just put up some Torrent files on the SteamPowered home page???

:hmph:

obiwanquinobi said:
We've had FarCry which was a very good game and stunning looking. And very soon we'll have Doom 3 to play - which will keep us ticking along nicely until HL2 :cheers: ....these are indeed great times to be a gamer!

Still wouldnt mind the Binks tho...Come on Valve - how much effort would it take to just put up some Torrent files on the SteamPowered home page???

:hmph:

I'm the only guy that don't like FarCry? that game suck ass... the only reason u guys like it becuase it's the first game that got good gfx and physics... but i feel the phys are very very unrealistic...

tkato said:
I'm the only guy that don't like FarCry? that game suck ass... the only reason u guys like it becuase it's the first game that got good gfx and physics... but i feel the phys are very very unrealistic...
So you mean unrealistic as in actually realistic, but not over-exaggerated to make people really notice them and think they're realistic? :rolling: The only problem their physics had was not being enabled on all objects.

tkato said:

Erm did you forget - its a game man! Not a true story based on fact LOL

:upstare:

Ya. Damn exchange rates!

For HL2, I almost think it's worth the Steam subscription as long as you get all the original ports (HL1, OP4, Blue shift). I've never played OP4 and Blue shift so for me the HL2 release means 3 games brand new.

Ashbery76 said:
Don't judge a game until you've played it.

Back