Crackdown 2 details

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Backstory:
Okay, so we all know after Crackdown 1 we defeated all 3 of the gangs, and we were congratulated. “Peace at Last” it said. It couldn’t have been more wrong. As the Agency took over, things went to hell. A new zombie-like virus had broken out in parts of the city, and the Agency was doing a poor job at covering it up. People found out, got sick of the Agency’s bullshit, and revolted. The civilian gang called themselves the Cell, and soon after the revolted, they destroyed the agent program, almost completely crippling the Agency. But now, they’ve fixed it, and it’s time you take the city back in a 3 way war.

-Dynamic Civilian Events (Example: A man trying to sell something in the day, getting marauded in the night. And the Agency will put up signs saying “play dead when you see an Infected”. Lulz ensue.)

-Support Points are gone, Agents can now call in for ammo and supplies anytime and anywhere.

-The game looks much more detailed and grittier, but still keeps the “cartoony” look we all love so very much.

-Vehicles like Trucks or Buses have room for a mounted turret, which makes them great for getting around in Co-Op.

-More variations in weapons, meaning people have more to choose from than just the homing rocket launcher.

-Most of the civilian cars in the game are the same, but reskinned and armed with armor and weapons to survive in the new hazards of city life.

-The Cell (a gang) is composed of ordinary citizens just wanting to reclaim the city from your team (the good guys). You take them out, and reclaim their turn for the Agency.

-More instances where Co-Op play is prudent.

-The city hasn’t changed in architect, all the roads are the same. Some buildings have been demolished and other small things, but over all it’s the same city.

-You’ll obtain skill orbs by using abilities relevant to your character.

-Four player Co-Op

-16 player Competitive Multiplayer. Tons of fun. Players collect special weapons, bonuses, and gadgets. Progression system like CoD4.

-Melee attacks are much more varied a fluid.

-Key to the City DLC is a go!

-The freaks evolve over time, making them MUCH more fearsome as the game progresses.

-All repetitiveness is completely removed. And less shitty boss battles.

-Doing missions in the day or night has a huge effect. At night, the freaks come out to play.

-City decays over time from the infection.

-New Agency helicopter and other vehicles. All old Agency vehicles returning.

-A lot more weapon variety. New powerful shotgun, Rail Gun, and sticky grenades.

-More precise targeting system. Skill is rewarded.

-Much more defining detail in all aspects of the game.

dammit no splitscreen co-op

http://www.gbgamer.net/2009/09/10/first-crackdown-2-details/

-Four player Co-Op ..

.. is all we need to know about Crackdown 2. Unless something goes terribly awry, this game is going to be fantastic.

I got Crackdown for the Halo 3 Beta. It was quite fun, if a little two dimensional. Good for running around at top speed shootin' folk on rooftops for kicks, not too much more.

Actually I do remember trying quite hard to get all the little orb thingies, and climbing the big tower with a friend on Live was fun as well. Hmm. Would play again if I found it for 5 quid, just for the hell of it.

I love Crackdown! The sequel sounds fantastic, so I'm hoping it's just an excellent evolution of the first game.

Agility orbs still are crack...

I never found all of them. I got most of them, but then gave up when I couldn't find the rest. Too much ground to cover. ;JRFDFG/HLlthkmuy'f

WHOA. Made my day. Sounds rad; interesting that the city will be the same.

Ugh, only have 2 more agility orbs to find....

I never found all of them. I got most of them, but then gave up when I couldn't find the rest. Too much ground to cover. ;JRFDFG/HLlthkmuy'f
I hope they raise the agility/strength cap in Crackdown 2. After I maxed out my agent, I felt that hunting for orbs was pointless. Like some have said, it's similar to the crash experience crack addicts get when they start to become immune to the drug's intoxicating effects.

I want my agent to be so drugged on orbs that even the Incredible Hulk would cry. I want him to be so powerful that they can lift whole buildings and shit and jump across the entire map.

/me having an orb withdraw

I still have the original as well as the Keys to the City DLC. It's a shame that nobody plays it online anymore. It's very underrated imo. I got the game because i enjoyed the demo very much.
I couldn't have cared less about the Halo 3 beta.

Last I heard it was being developed by a studio formed by members of the original team. I got my hopes up here.

I'm guessing the zombie virus is just the mutants from the first game infecting the city.

'In order to make things clean you destroy everything'

Beautiful words :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gZOluY1mE&feature=player_embedded#at=46

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0005.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0002.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0007.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0008.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0004.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0006.jpg

I'm still not sure whether I'll get this on release or not, on one hand I loved Crackdown, on the other this is by new devs.

On one hand I love co-op, on the other hand I despise multiplayer achievements(which Crackdown 2 is bound to have, let's face it!)

Oh well, still some time until release, I guess I'll see what you guys(and other reviewers) say when it come out before I decide whether to buy or not!

Co-op is the only selling point for me. It was excellent in the first Crackdown and as long as they keep what made that good intact i'll be happy. It's pretty neat that 4 people can tackle four different missions at the same time.

I'm still not sure whether I'll get this on release or not, on one hand I loved Crackdown, on the other this is by new devs.

On one hand I love co-op, on the other hand I despise multiplayer achievements(which Crackdown 2 is bound to have, let's face it!)

Oh well, still some time until release, I guess I'll see what you guys(and other reviewers) say when it come out before I decide whether to buy or not!

Actually, some of the devs from Realtime Words along with people who worked on games such as Fable, Project Gotham Racing and Mortal Kombat formed this new studio.

When you think about it. This seems like the perfect combination for game such as this.
I liked the first game very much but it lacked in certain aspects. Hand to hand combat seemed like an after thought, the cars felt bouncy and the plot was practically non existent.
Let's hope these new devs made improvements in those areas.

Actually, some of the devs from Realtime Words along with people who worked on games such as Fable, Project Gotham Racing and Mortal Kombat formed this new studio.

When you think about it. This seems like the perfect combination for game such as this.
I liked the first game very much but it lacked in certain aspects. Hand to hand combat seemed like an after thought, the cars felt bouncy and the plot was practically non existent.
Let's hope these new devs made improvements in those areas.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info, that increased my hopes for the title further!

Back