Crash on Lowlife

Rumrik

Reaction score
On Lowlife, where the first of those tongue things are, everything just go black and the sound gets stuck in a loop. The only thing i can do is to restart the computer manually.
No error message, no hint what is wrong, just nothing :/
Any help whould be appreciated!

Try turning down your display settings before getting to this point. It could be the game suddenly getting too intensive for your computer at this point and freezing up. Turning downt the settings could help.

Also, I've learned that one thing that helps hugely with computer problems in general is patience. When this happens leave it for 5 minutes to see if anything happens rather than just ctrlaltdeleting straight away.

If all else fails it could be that some of your files are corrupt. Open up your Steam menu, bring up the options of Episode One and find the option for "Verify integrity of game cache." You need to be connected to the internet for this to work.

Tried all that, didnt work though :/ it seems i always crashes when Alyx reaches a certain point.
Ill try to reinstall the game and see if that helps :s
Edit: Forgot to thank you for the help

I just had to get my word in here and say that episode one was constantly crashing on me. Eventually I just gave up and played episode 2. Saved myself alot of pain and got a couple hours pleasure in it's place. Figured I will try again when I get a new computer. Hopefully that'll work for me. After this long I can't say that I truly care either way. Good luck though.

Verify game cache. Usually works.

Properties>Local Files>Bet you can find it from there.

Back