Credible evidence that we can see into the future to be published soon?

A bit difficult for a brain to have the computing power or information necessary to predict the outcome from a pseudo-random number generator. However I think that this study most likely just hit a conveniently high spot on a bell curve and ran with it, I'm sure there have been plenty of prior studies that took place with equally valid methodology that didn't strike it lucky, or there's a hidden flaw in their methodology or statistical analysis. Simply arguing that the brain is too complex to know its potential is not enough to start giving validity to every crackpot theory out there.

The human brain is very complex.
The human mind is too complex for our brain to comprehend. WAIT

Head_explode.gif

Higher consciousness is basically a future forecasting program. What will happen when you let go of a pencil? You already know that it will fall to the ground. You don't have to derive any mathematical models. Your mind has a built in physical model of the world and can predict what will happen. If the mind is as complex as the world we live in, then maybe it has complex pathways for figuring out other types of future events.

It's interesting that, well, there are things we know that we don't realize we know. For example, I might have learned something but 'forgotten it', but really, I didn't forget it, it's locked in my mind somewhere. Follow? So, this could play a part in predicting a future event. And it's not just "when the leaves turn upside down, that means it's going to rain." like some random facts, it may be something I observed on my own, but never really put the pieces together...

Once, when I was laying in bed, I was falling asleep, recalling a memory of my childhood, and I realized what something someone said to me meant. I didn't know what it meant at the time, but I remembered them saying it. And I had now put the missing information into the memory, and it completely changed what really happened that day, compared to what I thought happened.

That's something completely different, perhaps, but maybe it's relevant.

This is all probably because we do a lot of learning while we sleep. Organizing thoughts and committing nearly learned skills and information to memory.

I often wake up from a dream where I was stuck in repetition. Like, one part from a song might have been going through my head... what feels like the entire night. I might have been at work in my dream, doing repetitious crap. I don't think I'll ever forget that part of the song, or whatever I was doing at work, now.

That's what I hate about the human mind, it gets trapped on meaningless details and memorising songs when all that space could be used to study for the astrophysics exam I have in 10 hours time. If the mind is so great, why isn't my brain automatically optimising, my memory eidetic so I can fit all this crap into my head without worrying that I'll miss something or get stuck? **** useless nonexistent paranormal ability, make me a cyborg please.

A computer can store a PDF document in about 100,000,000 ones and zeroes and my brain can't even summon that when needed? It's a shit piece of outdated hardware designed to make us run away from lions in the African savannah when they start giving us funny looks, little more.

If the mind is so great, why isn't my brain automatically optimising, my memory eidetic so I can fit all this crap into my head without worrying that I'll miss something or get stuck?
If I told you what it takes to reach the highest high, you'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple.'

I have dreams that come true all the time, instances where I know what somebody is going to say before they say it, times where I know how someone is feeling on a certain day without even having talked to them. If you got no soul power you got no intuition

This one time I thought I was gonna eat a sandwich and then I ate a sandwich

This one time I thought I was gonna eat a sandwich and then I ate a sandwich

1269385664419_thumb.jpeg

Assuming they randomized everything properly and the statistics have been checked over, that's pretty weird.

But the one experiment that should totally blow everyone's mind is the double slit experiment. We were just briefly taught about this in a chemistry course once, and I was like, "Wait... what??"

Basic gist is you shoot electrons one at a time through a plate with two vertical slits, but it produces an interference pattern on the other side instead of just two lines. But that wasn't weird enough! If you put a detector before the plate to figure out which hole the electron went through, you don't get an interference pattern anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOrc2mDDWuc

But but but, that's still not weird enough. You might think the detectors did something to the electrons, or that just observing the electron collapsed the interference pattern (weird enough in itself, and yet...). Then came the delayed choice quantum eraser experiment. Too difficult to explain, so here. Basically, they moved the detectors after the slit, and found that simply being able to know (not merely observing beforehand) which slit the electron went through determined whether or not it made the interference pattern.

WTF SCIENCE

Wow, I had no idea about that last bit. Mind blowing that the mere presence of an observer collapses the wave function.

Back