A machine that can see into the future!

Well any acutal skeptics out there willing to prove that this thing is bullshit?

Well, i'm not so inclined to believe it. I want to see their actual readings on the days in question. Surely they would have kept them. Secondly. Secondly, it seems far too science fiction right now for me to believe. I can believe certain things like teleportation which are being studied and experimented with, but not quite as much what was written in that thing. More evidence, more years to provide concrete proof that it can, in fact, read the future.

I also think, a tool like this, if indeed true, could have the potential to be rather dangerous. Not in the most definitive sense of the word, but the panic that it could cause if able to be viewed by the public.

Can you imigine, having that thing go into a total fit, and announcing to the world that something big was going to happen? There would probably be widespread panic everywhere. People wouldn't know what, or when that big 'something' would come. It would induce fear more likely than anything in the populace of the world, and not do much in the way of actually being a preventative measure.

Raziaar said:
Can you imigine, having that thing go into a total fit, and announcing to the world that something big was going to happen?
I don't think it would be panic, but if the U.S. Military got a reading that somehow inclined military action, they may un-necesarily ready their nukes.
You get the idea...

Orcone101 said:
I don't think it would be panic, but if the U.S. Military got a reading that somehow inclined military action, they may un-necesarily ready their nukes.
You get the idea...

If the thing reads in the same way as a 'mourning' viewed by millions, to the deaths of many thousands, etc... i'm QUITE sure there would be panic, because people wouldn't know WHAT the hell to think it is. Same goes for the military. Like you said, it would cause unnecessary reaction to something they don't know of that will happen.

In its current form, I don't see how it could be anything but a tool of panic. It definately couldn't be a preventative measure.

Raziaar said:
If the thing reads in the same way as a 'mourning' viewed by millions, to the deaths of many thousands, etc... i'm QUITE sure there would be panic, because people wouldn't know WHAT the hell to think it is. Same goes for the military. Like you said, it would cause unnecessary reaction to something they don't know of that will happen.

In its current form, I don't see how it could be anything but a tool of panic. It definately couldn't be a preventative measure.
I agree. But I doubt the findings would be leaked to the public. And if it can only see a couple of days into the future, I can't see how we could have time to prevent something huge from happening. So I guess we'd be kept in the dark until we feel a rumbling...

Raziaar said:
Well. If god is all powerful, and doesn't want to be 'proven', in order to keep in tact the thing called faith that lets people believe in him on their own without his proven presence shaping their will... then if he's so all powerful, then I would think he wouldn't be able to be proven no matter what by whatever attempts tried. Heh.

Yes, your post DID confuse me!

LittleB said:
Yes, your post DID confuse me!

Expert skills.

In layman terms. If he don't want your ass to find him, your ass ain't gonna find him. lol

SHIPPI said:
At least try! I know how much you guys love buttsechs!!111 but this is random numbers! How can you not want to discuss it :p

edit: no one answer that, you're wasting valuable random-number-machine-discussing time.

And it's not predicting the future.. it's just changing the output when things happen.. only, it changes before things happen... there's still no way of knowing what's happening

I saw an experiment once to see how the human mind react to being shown different images, some pleasent, others horrifying. When the person was sat down and was shown a pleasant image, the brain would relax, when the person was shown the scary image at random, the brain would spike. But they started to realise that the spikes in the brain started happening a second before the scary images pop up, it never happened during or before a pleasant image popped up, just the scary ones. The only way they could describe it was to say that the person's mind was accurately predicting and expecting the scary images.

Well lately I have been singing songs in my head, and seconds later they would play on the radio...

Kind of weird, but I somewhat believe that a box could predict the future.. not accurately, but as Razor said, like when you are a shown a scary picture your brainwaves would spike a second earlier, so will the box spike hours/minutes before a big event taking place.

So they don't know what is going to happen, or where it is set to take place. In fact, they don't really know when either...just that, something will happen at some point in the future in some place.

If a microchip can do it. I wonder if a brain can. :O

I for one believe in the collective human conciousness (or subconciousness). So there.

Derren brown roxorz joor boxors. I just believe whatever he does.

Back