Votes: 83 72.8%
  • Icepick

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Meh...

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters

McCoy

Reaction score
Okay, since we going to a relatively icy place in Ep. 3...we need to plan ahead. Should we bring the crowbar....or the icepick?

Or meh.

the ice pick would be too unfamiliar for Gordon, he wouldn't be able to swing it fast enough because he is so used to the crowbar.

the ice pick would be too unfamiliar for Gordon, he wouldn't be able to swing it fast enough because he is so used to the crowbar.

It's kinda ironic since the iceaxe in the leak actually attacked faster than the cbar.

The Icepick is the reason why Episode Three is taking so long to develop.

It's kinda ironic since the iceaxe in the leak actually attacked faster than the cbar.

Seriously? Gordon swings the crowbar like a madman. If you walk up to a surface he can pepper it with twenty holes in the time span of like, 2 seconds. To metal.

There was originally an ice-pick in the beta for the Borealis level. I, for one, would like to see it return, but not at the expense of the crowbar..

They'd have to start coming up with some differentiating characterisitcs other than just speed and damage to make the addition of an icepick worth while.

Urgh, this decision is a hard one. I voted Crowbar out of loyalty to the game...

But an icepick... it sounds so nice...

And does anyone not have images/videos of the iceaxe that wasn't in the beta that wasn't leaked?

Icepick would be handy if we encounter Trotsky.

Crowbar.

They should include an icepick only if it has a function the crowbar doesn't have, otherwise it would be the same as just dling an icepick skin for the crowbar.

Unless the icepick can get jammed in the heads of your enemies and make them go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH it'd be a waste of programming time.

Crowbar would kick Icepick's ass all over the place.

perhaps I didn't understand the poll.

The only difference between crowbar and iceaxe is the speed.

Crowbar all the way!

There is no need for another melee weapon, especially with the Grav Gun

Well it worked pretty well in Op4. I used the knife alot to attack the smaller enemies, and the tool thing (don't know the name) to smash boxes and obstacles.

Icepick in ep3 could be used perhaps as a throw melee weapon, or as the only weapon to smash ice obstacles, and as for attacking enemies I think it should do more damage to stronger enemies and less damage to weaker enemies (like headcrabs) than the crowbar does. But if we're going to use melee weapons like this then ammo should be really scarse (or however you write this word :&).

An icepick would be nice. But I doubt valve would bother making one as the crowbar would be used for basically the same thing: picking away ice.

Well it worked pretty well in Op4. I used the knife alot to attack the smaller enemies, and the tool thing (don't know the name) to smash boxes and obstacles.
Why would you do that? The Wrench made Headcrabs explode!

We combine the icepick and crowbar together. No one but Lord Norris would stand in our way.

As we go further North, away from the Balkans, we should start seeing different weaponry, but that do not radically alter gameplay. Example is you find a pickaxe at a long Deserted Camp Site/ Ski Resort, which can replace the Crowbar (you may be an icon, but you need to retire) and a Pre-Combine Assault Rifle to replace the AR2 (Because we are going to places that the Combine don't usually patrol and where IT'S ammo is scarce to find)

An icepick would be nice. But I doubt valve would bother making one as the crowbar would be used for basically the same thing: picking away ice
They already have a model of a pickaxe, they have just never used it beyond the beta

Because we are going to places that the Combine don't usually patrol and where IT'S ammo is scarce to find

You forget that they are already there. They are present in Mossman's transmission.

They already have a model of a pickaxe, they have just never used it beyond the beta

They have several weapons from the beta that didn't exist, but they haven't used alot of them. Probably best.

Crowbar is a must for the series, but if we end up in a helicopter crash and losing our weapons, it would only make sense to find an icepick on the Borealis. A slight change or reduction would be nice to our arsenal though in a few areas, since it's a little awkward to find exactly the same weapons everywhere we go, each time we lose them, as though all others simply vanished.

keep crowbar, add gory damage models. i want to make a soldier's head explode like a watermelon.

-edit: unlikely.

I voted for the ice axe which seems like blasphemy, but if they were going to the artic shouldn't they at least be logical/prepared?

You don't hammer nails with a screwdriver after all!

Icepick would be handy if we encounter Trotsky.

LOL. I want scores of NKVD agents which have been in suspended animation released to fight the Combine.

Or better yet...a former Gulag that the Combine have turned into a facility for brainwashing children we previously thought were no longer nexistent.

You'll probably come across icepicks in the game, and be able to launch them with the gravity gun.

CROWBAR FTW!

ooh, OOH, i know! you first get the icepick and it then you used it to get the crowbar. then different puzzles reqire one or the other to solve!

btw how do u get the leaked icepick?

He's so used to the crowbar why would they change that. You'll Start the first lv and find one stuck somewhere like in Ep. 2

He's so used to the crowbar why would they change that. You'll Start the first lv and find one stuck somewhere like in Ep. 2

That was his original crowbar, He can only use one type. :sniper:

Back