Crysis 2 leaked a month and a half early

I doesn't imply that, although you could be right. It implies that it wasn't confirmed. It seems they never made an official statement as such.

EDIT: I should make it clear that, yes, it certainly looks as if the confirmation - if not the PC demo itself - is in response to the leak.

it only works in 800*640 in windowed mode in DX9
First page (IIRC) in the link: 1920x1080p screenshot.

well.... wow. EA may just turns some heads with BF3 and Cry2. Color me impressed.

Then again, I'm the guy who thought Medal of Honor was the best FPS to come out since Singularity (yes, I'm also the guy who thought Singularity was the best FPS to come out since Episode 2)

Developer response:

Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.

Obviously the community is to blame, although developer beta builds are not something that just appears on torrent sites. :|

Developer response:
Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.
Obviously the community is to blame, although developer beta builds are not something that just appears on torrent sites. :|
3TloU.jpg

It's a wonder computer games are still around after decades of continued damage.

This would have a better outcome if the developers decided to listen to what the community says about the game. From what I've heard, it's consolised. If there's uproar about that, and it gets released consolised, then Crytek haven't made the best opportunity of the leak. I'm not saying they deserve it, but they certainly deserve the loss in sales that not listening to a community will get them.
Similarly, if they fix the game enough to make it worth buying, then they could basically count the number of people downloading this leak, and count them as sales.

I know it's an optimistic/naive view, but good games companies get sales by making good games, and listening to their community.

I doubt they can fix the game to be what the PC community wanted. From what I've heard, all the "consolized" aspects are the gameplay mechanics themselves. No switching suit powers, its always on. Like pressing shift "turns on" speed, but its nothing more than your typical sprint with a stamina bar. Maximum strength is now just a more powerful melee attack, done by holding the melee button. Hold jump for a somewhat bigger jump, etc. Stealth is the only one which functions the same, because even in the first game it was just a toggle.

The most damning thing I've heard about it though is that the SP is completely linear, and that the gameplay feels like its just COD in the future. I'm thoroughly anti-sold. Its clear why they only wanted to release a MP demo.

In fairness did having to switch to speed mmanually really do that much for the first game? Did it really make it better? I would like to hear more about this linearity. Are we talking linear progression or just corridor levels? If the former, then how is that different from the first? If the latter then we have a problem. Also, is smashing down walls and things out? One of the most fun things in Crysis was punching huts at Koreans. It would be a shame if encounters were scripted and linear. Being able to see the enemy outpost from far away and approach it how you like with your ridiculously overpowered suit was the best thing about Crysis. If that's gone then it's got very little going for it. Linear progession I have no problem with as long as the levels themselves aren't.

In fairness did having to switch to speed mmanually really do that much for the first game? Did it really make it better? I would like to hear more about this linearity. Are we talking linear progression or just corridor levels? If the former, then how is that different from the first? If the latter then we have a problem. Also, is smashing down walls and things out? One of the most fun things in Crysis was punching huts at Koreans. It would be a shame if encounters were scripted and linear. Being able to see the enemy outpost from far away and approach it how you like with your ridiculously overpowered suit was the best thing about Crysis. If that's gone then it's got very little going for it. Linear progession I have no problem with as long as the levels themselves aren't.

Nah mate, the levels are CoD linear. You may stumble upon a kind of open arena where it's a wide space like a park with a lot of enemies but they are interconnected by corridor style streets. Think HL2's Follow Freeman and you're close to Crysis 2's level design. Even more accurate, Bionic Commando 2009, play the street levels and you have Crysis 2's level design in not only design but visuals as well.

Extremely disappointing then. Wasn't excited for it but I was at least expecting open levels, ****.

In fairness did having to switch to speed mmanually really do that much for the first game? Did it really make it better? I would like to hear more about this linearity. Are we talking linear progression or just corridor levels?

Well, I sort of liked that you couldn't use all your powers at the same time, like you can in this one. As for the second part of your post though, I've hears the same thing Ace and Stemot are saying.

I once saw a video where they showe dsome technology that allows them to generate buildings whit full interiors and can be totally destroyed

so that wasnt implemented?

I once saw a video where they showe dsome technology that allows them to generate buildings whit full interiors and can be totally destroyed

so that wasnt implemented?

Only in scripted sequences.

I guess you could say... That Crytek HQ is in... Crisis...

I'm still gonna buy they're haven't been many sci-fi shooters lately

Well all the AAA titles have been straight up military shooters no?

Yeah, I'll probably still get it. It may be a shadow of it's original concept but at least this time around I can run the damn thing, it still looks pretty and even in it's unfinished state it's got some fun gameplay to it.......or so I've heard. Besides, if I want open world shooting the original isn't going anywhere and I have absolutely no problem playing a linear shooter.

Only in scripted sequences.

well thats suck,I thought it was going to be in the game,that really would have made crysis 2 something more than just prettier graphics

I'm very disappointed.. I was expecting a visual masterpiece after the tech demo that was the first. Instead they just shit out another boring shooter.

Kind of sad, it's like all the innovations in engine technology they made with C1 went to waste just because they felt they wanted to make more money with console versions

I'm very disappointed.. I was expecting a visual masterpiece after the tech demo that was the first. Instead they just shit out another boring shooter.

Well, it is a visual masterpiece. But thats all that it is. The gameplay sucks, story sounds like it sucks, writing sounds like it sucks, but visually it looks incredible.

To be honest, I didn't really think the first one looked amazing. The characters were pretty bad.

Well, it is a visual masterpiece. But thats all that it is. The gameplay sucks, story sounds like it sucks, writing sounds like it sucks, but visually it looks incredible.

I've seen some of the textures.. it's slightly worse this time around. And that's even on high. Don't get me started on the console graphics settings.

I'd post screenshots but I cannot for obvious reasons.

hemoglobin maps?
I don't really know the technical details. It was a technique used in Crysis to be able to see the blood beneath the skin, I think:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2006/04/crysis_new_screenshots/crysis10_large.jpg

Zoom in and look on his temples and forehead, you can see veins beneath the surface. I think that may be it.

The game will also feature subsurface scattering, which simulates the effect of light on the flesh beneath the skin, which in turn affects the appearance of the skin itself.
I don't know if that is in combination with the hemoglobin maps. All just techniques used to make more realistic looking skin.

And I was just joking around because Krynn wasn't even talking about that when he said the characters were bad. You get it? "Yeah, but they had good grafix"

I've seen some of the textures.. it's slightly worse this time around. And that's even on high. Don't get me started on the console graphics settings.

I'd post screenshots but I cannot for obvious reasons.

I don't really remember the first one all too well, but this one looks fantastic. Maybe you're stuck on a low setting or something. All the textures I've looked at look very high res.

Are we allowed to post videos of this? If so, I've got some but I'm not getting infracted again :(.

I don't really remember the first one all too well, but this one looks fantastic. Maybe you're stuck on a low setting or something. All the textures I've looked at look very high res.

Textures but I couldn't help feel that HDR and lighting in interiors looked wierd. You would see a very faint aura around objects

We are accustomed to awesome graphics.

****!! that sux man..

good god, i just googled it..i could download it (snaps finger) just like that..so easy..even a dickhead could do it. Damn, I feel really sorry for the devs.

Back